Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools:INSEAD Dec'10
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Jan 2010 intake [#permalink]
Application submitted. Anybody else?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Nerdboy wrote:

I might join you in R2 depending how Oxford goes.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Nerdboy and other who may have submitted -

I noticed a difference in the essay word counts in MS word v/s PDF application. I was filling up one of my essay and it had 195 words in MS Word while in the application it came out as 197.

Did you notice the same?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Nerdboy wrote:

Will submit by Sunday. Still giving final touch to the essays. :(
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V47
Send PM
scorpioguy wrote:
Nerdboy and other who may have submitted -

I noticed a difference in the essay word counts in MS word v/s PDF application. I was filling up one of my essay and it had 195 words in MS Word while in the application it came out as 197.

Did you notice the same?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the word count was the same in my application. Btw, I had a lot of trouble with the PDF form... yet another good reason to submit early.
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Thanks Nerdboy.

I later noticed that my word counts increased only on one essay (still within limits). Hope to submit the apps by this weekend. Pretty much done (about 99%).
Current Student
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
I think it may be that the PDF file counts something like hyphenated words differently -- I had the same thing happen on my application. In the end, I just went with the count in the application since you don't want to see that dreaded red text... :-D
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Guys, the word limit is not strict, at least for INSEAD - I had this confirmed by admissions while at Fontainebleau. 10% or less over the limit is fine IMHO. Don't fret about one or two words.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
Nerdboy wrote:
Guys, the word limit is not strict, at least for INSEAD - I had this confirmed by admissions while at Fontainebleau. 10% or less over the limit is fine IMHO. Don't fret about one or two words.

Good point -- I was over on one essay for INSEAD, over on two essays for LBS, and very under on one essay for Oxford. In general, the 10% standard seems to be alright for many schools.
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Submitted on 03/08. INSEAD is a reach school - so let's see :)

I've given Singapore as my choice & hope to transfer to France after term 2 or term 3.

Nerdboy wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Nerdboy,

Thanks for your post on INSEAD. I live in Sydney, Australia and doubt I will be making the trek to France any time soon, unless it's to go to school.

I just took the GMAT and managed a 710 overall, but my break down was a 63% Q and 97% V. Clearly, this doesn't match the 75% quant cut off you mentioned (which is also implied on the INSEAD website). Did you get any sense of whether or not the fact that I work in finance and have already completed an undergraduate degree could make up for this poor quant score? I really think it was just a bad test day for me, but I suppose I will take them again if I really have to.

Thanks for any insight!

-J
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can anyone tell me how is the Singapore campus for INSEAD. Do they offer any scholarships?? Is it worth doing an MBA there in SIngapore
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V47
Send PM
wjmnc wrote:
Hi Nerdboy,

Thanks for your post on INSEAD. I live in Sydney, Australia and doubt I will be making the trek to France any time soon, unless it's to go to school.

I just took the GMAT and managed a 710 overall, but my break down was a 63% Q and 97% V. Clearly, this doesn't match the 75% quant cut off you mentioned (which is also implied on the INSEAD website). Did you get any sense of whether or not the fact that I work in finance and have already completed an undergraduate degree could make up for this poor quant score? I really think it was just a bad test day for me, but I suppose I will take them again if I really have to.

Thanks for any insight!

-J

Sorry, but I did not pay much attention to that part of the discussion, because I had already taken the GMAT at that time. I think it may be a good idea to retake though.
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
From speaking to alumni SP campus had some credibility issues early on but now recruiters see it as on par with Fonty.

Having said that, if admitted, I plan to start at SP and move to Fonty after term 2 or term 3.

KajayK wrote:
Can anyone tell me how is the Singapore campus for INSEAD. Do they offer any scholarships?? Is it worth doing an MBA there in SIngapore
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Hey wj,

Good to see another sydneysider on the forums. Schools also take undergrad class (calculus etc.) grades into account. So, if you have solid As in University, you are probably OK. If not, I'd suggest a retake.

wjmnc wrote:
Hi Nerdboy,

Thanks for any insight!

-J
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:INSEAD, HEC
 Q43  V41
Send PM
Hi,

I'm applying for Jan2010, and am already working on my essays.

I took the GMAT and got a 690, with a 68% quant and 92% verbal.
However, my work experience has dealt with quite a bit of quantitative modeling (operations research, then later on financial analysis), so I was hoping that this could compensate for this low quant score (and C+/B grades for calculus, economics, etc. in college)

I would appreciate any insight if I should retake the GMAT.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools:LBS, INSEAD, IMD
 Q47  V44
Send PM
I submitted my application for round 1, but it seems my transcripts (diploma and translation) have not yet arrived by the deadline yesterday midnight. Does anyone know if there are chances that the application will be processed in round 1 or if there is no tolerance?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9