Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS(R1) ding, Wharton(R1) invite, INSEAD(R1)invite, LBS(R1)invite
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:HBS(R1) ding, Wharton(R1) invite, INSEAD(R1)invite, LBS(R1)invite
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink]
Ok...roll call updated again.
It sure is a bit nerve-wracking to see a few people getting invites at this point. That said, looking at threads from prior years, there seems to be a big batch that came out two days before the deadline (that would be Nov. 3 this year) and a few on the deadline.

Fingers crossed...we keep waiting.

For those of you with invitations, do the invites have a date for the interview yet? What is that date?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
mba4me2010 wrote:
Ok...roll call updated again.
It sure is a bit nerve-wracking to see a few people getting invites at this point. That said, looking at threads from prior years, there seems to be a big batch that came out two days before the deadline (that would be Nov. 3 this year) and a few on the deadline.

Fingers crossed...we keep waiting.

For those of you with invitations, do the invites have a date for the interview yet? What is that date?

The invite just says you are invited and they will get back to you with contact information once they select the Alumni in your country of residence. I received my contacts about one week after I got the invite. It's then up to you to organize with the Alumni when you will do the two separate interviews, INSEAD suggests to have them done before mid Nov.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD, LBS, IMD
 Q49  V31 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V41
WE 1: 9.5 years IT
Send PM
Anyone know the Insead sept 2011 thread in business week? The one I saw has only 4-5 posts.

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Hi, I've also noticed that the bw thread for my class (11D) is essentially non-existing. It seems that real applicants have migrated to this website. I think the move is beneficial to the end users. BW seems to be polluted with various spammers and it is becoming a profile evaluation central. I would still recommend going through the older discussion threads on it to get idea about the application experience of previous classes. I was able to find a lot of discussion on class of 11J and 10D. But other than that, most of the current discussions have moved to gc.

Also, I can sense a lot of you are stressing a lot right now because some of you have reported receiving interview invites. I strongly urge you to not get worked up. In our year, there were a few people who got early invites too. But the majority of the interview invites started flying out the Wed before the deadline so it would be 11/03 for you. So take it easy. I think most people who apply to INSEAD have been very successful and consider themselves high achievers. So it is hard when you are not "picked first". And honestly, I don't know if there is any structure of pattern to the "dark arts" of admission selection at INSEAD. So without knowing more about the internal process, you have to take it easy until Nov 05.

Good luck. :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:ISB(Ding), INSEAD(Ding)
 Q49  V34 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
WE 1: Consulting - Analytics (.75 Yrs)
WE 2: IT - Development, Maintenance & Operations(3.5 Yrs)
Send PM
cryptoner wrote:
Abhinav...If you don't mind me asking... What is ur profile like?

Any Indians got an invite yet?

700/Indian/4+ yrs(IT & Analytics Consulting)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Any applicants from Africa got an invite yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
abhinav85 wrote:
cryptoner wrote:

Thanks Abhinav for sharing your profile. All the best for your interviews.

How much international experience did you have? Physically being in a foreign geography is something that I lack in my profile, hence, the concern.
Intern
Intern
WE 2: IT - Development, Maintenance & Operations(3.5 Yrs)
Send PM
faduc wrote:
abhinav85 wrote:
cryptoner wrote:

Thanks Abhinav for sharing your profile. All the best for your interviews.

How much international experience did you have? Physically being in a foreign geography is something that I lack in my profile, hence, the concern.

Thanks a lot dude!!! And same to you

Even I have also not stepped out of India.. and is the concern for me as well... But I have remotely interacted with people from all the major continents .. lets c if this can fill in the gap for international exposure..

Btw if you dont mind, can you please also share your profile..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhinav85 wrote:

Even I have also not stepped out of India.. and is the concern for me as well... But I have remotely interacted with people from all the major continents .. lets c if this can fill in the gap for international exposure..

Sure. Here you go (sorry for a rather detailed post on my profile):

Nationality: India, GMAT: 730, AWA: 5.5, Education: MS in Quantitative Economics
Work Ex.: 5 years 5 months as of now. 4 years 2 months in banking analytics (similar to yours :) .... primarily risk analytics) and 15 months in management consulting. Presently a manager leading a team of risk analysts.
ECs: Joint Secy. of the Alumni Assoc. of my graduation institute. Significant involvement in an NGO over the last 4 years.
Potential Drawback: Interacted extensively with clients / business partners from multiple countries but practically nil international experience (only 2 months of physically being in a foreign geography on a project). Hope my interactions with counterparts from international locations would suffice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys, does anyone have tips for the interviews? Or know of a good site/blog to read up on this?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
habeebee wrote:
Guys, does anyone have tips for the interviews? Or know of a good site/blog to read up on this?

Thanks

Hi Habeebee,

If you go through the threads for previous INSEAD intakes you'll find quite a few interview experiences.

ATB with your interviews.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@ Faduc: Thanks!

Good luck to you too buddy.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
habeebee wrote:

Thanks

Hi there,

Hope it's not too late for you, but here's my interview tips and experience:

insead-january-2011-intake-89459-440.html#p725474

I got advice from an INSEAD alum and interviewer, and what he told me was exactly what the interviewers were looking for. bonne chance to you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Hi, I've also noticed that the bw thread for my class (11D) is essentially non-existing. It seems that real applicants have migrated to this website. I think the move is beneficial to the end users. BW seems to be polluted with various spammers and it is becoming a profile evaluation central. I would still recommend going through the older discussion threads on it to get idea about the application experience of previous classes. I was able to find a lot of discussion on class of 11J and 10D. But other than that, most of the current discussions have moved to gc.

Hey JZ :D

I second the point about BW being full of spam. Unfortunately, most people don't know about the gmatclub forums - I tried to keep the 11D thread alive on BW and put some quality posts up IMHO, but it got buried pretty quickly by the rest of the spam.

Speaking of profiles, my google docs spreadsheet is still around for anyone that wants to look at a bunch of D11 profile applicants. Just send me an email if you're interested.

Cheers!
INSEAD School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:INSEAD (R1 Admit)
 Q51  V32 GMAT 2: 740  Q52  V39
WE 1: 5 years in Telecommunications.
Send PM
HankScorpio wrote:
JZHANG2008 wrote:

Hey JZ :D

I second the point about BW being full of spam. Unfortunately, most people don't know about the gmatclub forums - I tried to keep the 11D thread alive on BW and put some quality posts up IMHO, but it got buried pretty quickly by the rest of the spam.

Speaking of profiles, my google docs spreadsheet is still around for anyone that wants to look at a bunch of D11 profile applicants. Just send me an email if you're interested.

Cheers!

Kudos to you HankScorpio, you are truely helpful!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HankScorpio wrote:
habeebee wrote:

Thanks

Hi there,

Hope it's not too late for you, but here's my interview tips and experience:

insead-january-2011-intake-89459-440.html#p725474

I got advice from an INSEAD alum and interviewer, and what he told me was exactly what the interviewers were looking for. bonne chance to you!

Really appreciate this. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
WE 2: IT - Development, Maintenance &amp; Operations(3.5 Yrs)
Send PM
faduc wrote:
abhinav85 wrote:

Sure. Here you go (sorry for a rather detailed post on my profile):

Nationality: India, GMAT: 730, AWA: 5.5, Education: MS in Quantitative Economics
Work Ex.: 5 years 5 months as of now. 4 years 2 months in banking analytics (similar to yours :) .... primarily risk analytics) and 15 months in management consulting. Presently a manager leading a team of risk analysts.
ECs: Joint Secy. of the Alumni Assoc. of my graduation institute. Significant involvement in an NGO over the last 4 years.
Potential Drawback: Interacted extensively with clients / business partners from multiple countries but practically nil international experience (only 2 months of physically being in a foreign geography on a project). Hope my interactions with counterparts from international locations would suffice.

Thanks dude for sharing the profile ...

Ppl, Any news on invites ??
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts