Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink]
No problem at all, happy to help- hope you found the chat transcript it is a really interesting read.

Thanks for the encouragement, I have come to the conclusion that I'll send INSEAD and update soon where I also mention that I now have financing in order through company scholarship. My GMAT score was 680 (q44, v38) in the quants section I fall below the INSEAD recommended 70-75th percentile, and am confident I can get greater score in GMAT quants (and overall) with not too much effort. But I am wondering whether its worth it and if it at all helps, not seen anyone from previous WL forums submitting a new GMAT score - but anyways it might help me in other school applications...

And yes, I have now moved abit out of the "INSEAD bubble" and also started looking at other schools :) I think that will also make the "wait" at INSEAD much much easier...

enkie wrote:
Inseadspirant, thanks for the tip. Thats amazingly helpful as i read elsewhere that sometimes mentioning other offers backfire (but since this came from insead itself i trust that i should tell them --if i did find the chat transcript, thanks).

I think its HUGE that your company. Is willing to sponsor you. It further asserts your ability. What was your gmat if you dont mind sharing?

And yes, think you should def start working on essays for other schools too...

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Very true!

It is a patience game. I just read through the WL forum for Sept 11 intake. and there was at least 6-7 admits (only on the forum) after January 28th. So it might happen anytime, but there will certainly be movement along the way.....

chouky wrote:
inseadspirant2012 wrote:
Hi chouky,

Sorry to hear you also get wailisted.

I personally wouldn't totally give up right after January 20th. From other INSEAD waitlist forums, it seems there is activity after R2 decisions, R3 decisions, and right up-to the final month before the programme starts (so I think you're 99.8% figure is well exaggerated - from the forum activity I've seen i would say more like 40-50% - but then again the figure is variable as INSEAD says pending on the yield and other factors). Let's hope for an early response.....

chouky wrote:
Hi all !
I’m in the same boat, waitlisted. I’m willing to wait until end of January after the first deposit on the 1/20 and then if I have no news I will consider it’s over (at 99.8%)

Hi Inseadspirant2012!

Well I agree with you, my figure certainly is exaggerated.

I've read the previous threads with waitlisted candidates for Insead and I must admit that it was scary and at the same time funny: some were waitlisted in June (for Jan intake) and every single month they were saying : okay we may have some news because this and that ... until the 10th of Dec, this means just 1 month before the start of the program !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I just read from someone on another forum, that a previous WL'er had asked his interviewers for feedback regarding his application and next steps when being on WL (who knows, one of the interviewers might also have been on a WL back in the days - in this case one of the interviewers had been).

What do you guys think?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
hey inseadspirant2012
that's what I counted too, 6 or 7 waitlisted guys were accepted on the 28th of january, this is why I think it's a huge deadline for us; after that it was just one guy who was accepted from time to time; that's why I won't believe much after the end of Jan
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:NYU,Columbia,LBS,Wharton,INSEAD
 Q44  V34 GMAT 2: 690  Q45  V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Count me in
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Does anybody know the distribution of nationalities among admitted student so far?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
ebay wrote:
Does anybody know the distribution of nationalities among admitted student so far?

Admitted students can see that information. You can ask for help in the other topic.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

Happy new year everyone. How are all of you doing?

I am eagerly awaiting the end of Jan and (hopefully) seeing some movement on the WL, also planned a school visit later this month.

Anyone been in contact with the school?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not that it would help but some question is troubling my head, maybe someone here know a lit bit about it.
According to MBAconncect, there is only one admit who shares my nationality (I understood that INSEAD takes into consideration many different aspects of a profile, still this seems to me most important). Last your total admits in my nationality are 7.
According to the general information on forums and adcom transcripts waitlisted candidates are considered only after some accepted candidates deny INSEAD's offer.

My question is do we (waitlisteds in first round, have a chance to be compared with actual round 2 candidates)
What I mean is since the number of applicants from my nationality is not very high, It might include important variations among rounds in terms of admissability. And it might be the case that by INSEAD's criteria a waitlisted candidate in first round might be better (in terms of admissability) than a secound round applicant who would be offered a seat.

Or do our files are considered only after someone rejects the offer?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi brahms,

I am also in the same situation, no admit from my country (Norway) but then again several admits with a consulting background.

I think you bring up a very interesting question, my guess (and hope) would be - that waitlisted candidates are used for crafting the ideal class i.e. both situations where people deny offers, or good enough candidates are not in future rounds - waitlisted candidates can be offered a place.

The fact that waitlisted only get offers when others reject is only something ive read on forums, in the official response from INSEAD it said "depending on seat availability" which can also occur if there arent relevant/good enough candidates in future rounds....

brahms00 wrote:
Not that it would help but some question is troubling my head, maybe someone here know a lit bit about it.
According to MBAconncect, there is only one admit who shares my nationality (I understood that INSEAD takes into consideration many different aspects of a profile, still this seems to me most important). Last your total admits in my nationality are 7.
According to the general information on forums and adcom transcripts waitlisted candidates are considered only after some accepted candidates deny INSEAD's offer.

My question is do we (waitlisteds in first round, have a chance to be compared with actual round 2 candidates)
What I mean is since the number of applicants from my nationality is not very high, It might include important variations among rounds in terms of admissability. And it might be the case that by INSEAD's criteria a waitlisted candidate in first round might be better (in terms of admissability) than a secound round applicant who would be offered a seat.

Or do our files are considered only after someone rejects the offer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi,

I am also in the waitlist. Wish all the best to those in the same boat. =)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well. using forum and transcript information that I came by, I thought that to waitlisted candidates adcoms are saying you are good but there are too many of you and we need to chechk whether those better similars will accept. But if being waitlisted might mean you are less than OK but since there are too few of you we will wait and if no betters similars comes up we will let you in, then all will be clear for me.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Hi everyone,
I'm a round 2 applicant, and was just wondering if you all got interviews before being placed on the WL?
Or have some of you been directly listed there?
Good luck anyway to all of you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Placed on WL after interviews, I am 99% sure that is the case for all WL'ers....

lepatron wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm a round 2 applicant, and was just wondering if you all got interviews before being placed on the WL?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
inseadspirant2012 wrote:
Hi,

Placed on WL after interviews, I am 99% sure that is the case for all WL'ers....

lepatron wrote:
Hi everyone,

Seems logical, just wanted to make sure.
Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
All fellow WL'ers,

Hope your doing well! So the deadline for the first deposit is the 20th of January, the school sometimes offers extensions - so we should be (hopefully) seeing some movement on the WL after the 20th of January.

Anyone else planning a school visit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all

I am a W/L candidate as well.

Anyone received an admit post 20 Jan?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot