Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:53 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [2]
Given Kudos: 147
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [2]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Re: ISB Admission Not Taken Up After Selection [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi katariaishita

Welcome to Gmat Club !!

Yes you can get your admission deferred by 1 year. You will have to pay the initial admission fee and 250,000 INR as thr deferral fee.
This extra fees will be adjusted in your fees when you join ISB the next year.
and in case you decide not to join, the deferral fee(2.50 lacs) is refundable.
More information can be found here at the FAQ page of ISB.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
katariaishita wrote:
Hi All,

Hypothetical situation: Someone has applied to ISB and has finally got an admission selection call from ISB. But due to change in plans/personal reasons she does not want to take up admission this year but instead wants to push back her MBA plans by two years.

Does it affect her chances of getting a call for interview/selection in the future if she rejects her selection this year and doesn't take admission?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Thanks
Ishita.

Hi Ishita

- ISB provides only one extension of 1 (one) year as stated in their policy. The following taken verbatim from an accepted applicant's admissions offer:
On a case- to- case basis emergency (Medical) /professional reason, the offer accepted applicant can request for one-year deferment of admission latest by (~removed~). The HOD of Admissions or Admissions Dean may grant the deferral admission, post verification of the relevant substantiating document/s. In case the deferral request is approved, the applicant has to remit a non-interest-bearing deferral deposit within the stipulated deadline. The deferral request can be made for one year only, and once approved there will be no further deferment. The deferral deposit shall be adjusted to the tuition fee upon joining the programme or is refundable on withdrawal subject to deduction of administration and bank charges
- Given this, it is quite clear that a two-year deferral is not possible. ISB may consider it in an extreme medical reason (given the relevant documents, and a 2-year recovery timeframe) or some exceptional professional reason (say, a once in a lifetime kinds project or role opportunity), but other cases are highly likely to be rejected.
- In case one does not get the deferral, one would need to reapply.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
Send PM
Hi! Can a 1.5 Lacs bond with existing employer form a base for deferred admission?

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Hi SGarg

Admissions are deferred on a case to case basis, better contact ISB Admissions office for this. No one else is qualified to answer this particular query.
Also, IMHO I dont think that they will entertain your query unless you already have an admit.

SGarg wrote:
Hi! Can a 1.5 Lacs bond with existing employer form a base for deferred admission?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi, yes I think in this case the new application will be taken as a reapplicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
SGarg wrote:

If you get an admit and are still caught in two minds, I would recommend going ahead with the ISB admission and paying your employer the bond amount. I know it is a significant amount of money but would only be a small % of your overall MBA investment. Also, I am not sure if you are comfortable losing another year considering you are applying to ISB this year. Just sharing my two cents as someone who has paid a 2L bond in the past.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived ISB Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our ISB Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated ISB Forum for all fresh things related to the ISB MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts