Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 16:27 It is currently 14 May 2024, 16:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1590 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
GyanOne wrote:
vivek360 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile and provide feedback; I plan to apply for ISB PGPM before R1 deadline:

GMAT1: 710 (Q48, V40, IR6, AWA5)

Education:
10th: 92.6%
12th: 85.2%
B.Tech (Mechanical, Delhi): 75.94%

Work experience:
4 years at one of the top engineering firms in world—working as systems engineer for the firm's Oil and Gas division. I have worked in Germany for two months during the tenure.
Roles include preparing RFQ for pressure vessels, coordinating engineering activities with vendors for projects with global supply chains, and designing & engineering other mechanical equipment.

Extra curricular:
While working:
From 230 applicants worldwide within the organization, I was the only entry selected (among 30) from company's Indian business unit to participate in a boot-camp, held in Germany, on entrepreneurship in the field of Artificial Intelligence. Our team worked at developing a platform influencing energy usage habits of consumers.

While in college:
1. Worked in Primary field research capacity for a project aimed at providing primary lighting to 366 rural households in a village located in Haryana. We worked with Engineers without borders, India (EWB India) and the Indian arm of an engineering multinational.
2. Member of the winning team at a business model competition, held in IIT Madras. Project aimed at facilitating CSR activities targeted at rural India.
3. Semi-finalist team at an RC car racing event organised by SAE-IIT Roorkee.
4. Third team at a business model competition held in IIT Delhi, for proposing a mechanical gaming board.

Hobbies:
Making scratch-built scale models of various objects—Built a 1:30 scale model of Force India Formula One Team’s 2010 car, which was acclaimed by the team’s official page
on a social networking website, and also featured on a Formula One News website.
My YouTube channel showcasing this hobby has 2.9k subscribers and over 1.6M views.

Thanks and best regards.

Hi

Looks pretty good overall. Good to go for R1. What are your post-MBA goals?

Hello GyanOne,

Thank you for your quick feedback! Regarding goals, I am looking to accelerate my career growth and to have an opportunity to work beyond oil and gas sector.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 588 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Expert Reply
arvind8689 wrote:
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB Flagship program

Education:
10th (Maharashtra State Board)- 85%
12th (Maharashtra State Board)- 84%
B-Tech, Industrial Biotechnology- Anna University, Chennai, India- CGPA: 8.4/10
PhD in Biomedical Science (6 years), UMass Medical School, Worcester, US: 1 high impact publication and 1 US patent

Work Exp:
Senior Scientist in a Contract Research Organization- 2 years
- Leading a team of 17 scientists in Biotech R&D to cater to global pharmaceutical clients
- Involved in R&D Operations, Project and People management, Communication with global clients

Co-curricular:
- Organized technical and cultural workshops in India and in the US
- Captain of a club cricket team for 6 years

GMAT: Not yet given

Post ISB goals: Business Strategy roles in healthcare sector in India

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HI Arvind,

Having worked with PhDs applying for MBA, I know its crucial to explain why you want an MBA after the PhD. Come up with solid reasons for that. Draw a connect between the problems that you wish to solve that you are unable to right now, and the role that you will take up in future to solve these. Explain why this will require a study of management concepts, in addition to the PhD.

Hope that helps.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
vivek360 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
vivek360 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile and provide feedback; I plan to apply for ISB PGPM before R1 deadline:

GMAT1: 710 (Q48, V40, IR6, AWA5)

Education:
10th: 92.6%
12th: 85.2%
B.Tech (Mechanical, Delhi): 75.94%

Work experience:
4 years at one of the top engineering firms in world—working as systems engineer for the firm's Oil and Gas division. I have worked in Germany for two months during the tenure.
Roles include preparing RFQ for pressure vessels, coordinating engineering activities with vendors for projects with global supply chains, and designing & engineering other mechanical equipment.

Extra curricular:
While working:
From 230 applicants worldwide within the organization, I was the only entry selected (among 30) from company's Indian business unit to participate in a boot-camp, held in Germany, on entrepreneurship in the field of Artificial Intelligence. Our team worked at developing a platform influencing energy usage habits of consumers.

While in college:
1. Worked in Primary field research capacity for a project aimed at providing primary lighting to 366 rural households in a village located in Haryana. We worked with Engineers without borders, India (EWB India) and the Indian arm of an engineering multinational.
2. Member of the winning team at a business model competition, held in IIT Madras. Project aimed at facilitating CSR activities targeted at rural India.
3. Semi-finalist team at an RC car racing event organised by SAE-IIT Roorkee.
4. Third team at a business model competition held in IIT Delhi, for proposing a mechanical gaming board.

Hobbies:
Making scratch-built scale models of various objects—Built a 1:30 scale model of Force India Formula One Team’s 2010 car, which was acclaimed by the team’s official page
on a social networking website, and also featured on a Formula One News website.
My YouTube channel showcasing this hobby has 2.9k subscribers and over 1.6M views.

Thanks and best regards.

Hi

Looks pretty good overall. Good to go for R1. What are your post-MBA goals?

Hello GyanOne,

Thank you for your quick feedback! Regarding goals, I am looking to accelerate my career growth and to have an opportunity to work beyond oil and gas sector.

Sure Vivek360. You would need to put more details and thought in those goals - by themselves, they are not quite there yet. Maybe you just mentioned them in brief for our understanding, so that's fine.

Overall, your education, work, experience (including foreign exposure), and extra-curriculars are quite strong. Start working on your applications. Target R1 for sure.

Happy to have a 10-minute chat on your profile if you so wish. Can contact us directly through the coordinates in the signature below.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 286 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GPA: 3.87
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi

Please evaluate my profile for ISB PGP .

Education :
10th : 85 %
12th : 93%
B.Tech - Mechanical , 75%

Work Experience : 7years in IT Consulting companies . With 3.5yrs of International work experience, worked in USA and Sweden .

GMAT : Not yet taken , planning to take end of month.

Extra curricular activities : In school I was more of a sports person , used to participate in all sports events . Was captain of our school team for 3 years . While in college I participated in science fests , inter college -state level Science fest , submitted couple science papers and won few . Later in my job I was more a team player , received twice best performer award ( One in USA and one in India ) .

Currently I am not working from 2 years because of my personal reasons -Will this be any hindrance ?

Please suggest a minimum Gmat score to crack ISB and help building my profile.

Thank you ,
Bharathi
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 588 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
baru wrote:
Hi

Education :

Work Experience : 7years in IT Consulting companies . With 3.5yrs of International work experience, worked in USA and Sweden .

Extra curricular activities : In school I was more of a sports person , used to participate in all sports events . Was captain of our school team for 3 years . While in college I participated in science fests , inter college -state level Science fest , submitted couple science papers and won few . Later in my job I was more a team player , received twice best performer award ( One in USA and one in India ) .

Currently I am not working from 2 years because of my personal reasons -Will this be any hindrance ?

Thank you ,
Bharathi

Hi Bharathi,

if you are not working for the past two years, and want to use the MBA as a way to get back into the work force, I'd say you go ahead and apply. I hope you have a valid reason for the two year break (there will be place to talk about it in the application form).

With 7 years of work experience behind you- you should have enough material to use to impress the adcom. To top that you also have substantial international experience. You can leverage this in ISB's essay on contribution (obviously, insights should be good).

Aim for a 700 plus GMAT score - given that you are on break, I am sure the adcom would expect it. Also, just as a word of caution, never use GMAT as a reason for the break.

We can talk more about this. Should you be interested, reach out through the contacts mentioned below.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
baru wrote:
Hi

Education :

Thank you ,
Bharathi

Hi baru

Possibly, there are more gaps in your experience/education that you have not mentioned here. It is possible that this is not the case, but could you confirm? The way we are interpreting it right now is that you have 7 years of total experience, which includes 3.5 years of international experience.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
baru wrote:
Hi

Education :

Work Experience : 7+years in IT Consulting companies . With 3.5yrs of International work experience, worked in USA and Sweden .

Thank you ,
Bharathi

Hi baru

Possibly, there are more gaps in your experience/education that you have not mentioned here. It is possible that this is not the case, but could you confirm? The way we are interpreting it right now is that you have 7 years of total experience, which includes 3.5 years of international experience.

Hi

Yes I took in total 3 breaks ( including the current one )
break 1 : Left my first job after around 3yrs- had my first kid , left for US with husband on L2 visa , got my work visa after +1 years and landed in job .
break 2 : after working in US for 3.5 years , had my second kid - landed in India Bangalore ,worked for more than a year
break 3 : Currently

Thank you

Originally posted by baru on 12 Jul 2019, 09:25.
Last edited by baru on 12 Jul 2019, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
baru wrote:
Hi

Education :

Thank you ,
Bharathi

Hi Bharathi,

if you are not working for the past two years, and want to use the MBA as a way to get back into the work force, I'd say you go ahead and apply. I hope you have a valid reason for the two year break (there will be place to talk about it in the application form).

With 7 years of work experience behind you- you should have enough material to use to impress the adcom. To top that you also have substantial international experience. You can leverage this in ISB's essay on contribution (obviously, insights should be good).

Aim for a 700 plus GMAT score - given that you are on break, I am sure the adcom would expect it. Also, just as a word of caution, never use GMAT as a reason for the break.

We can talk more about this. Should you be interested, reach out through the contacts mentioned below.

Thank you Namita

Will contact you ones I finish my GMAT
Thanks for the insight .

Bharathi
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:

Sure Vivek360. You would need to put more details and thought in those goals - by themselves, they are not quite there yet. Maybe you just mentioned them in brief for our understanding, so that's fine.

Overall, your education, work, experience (including foreign exposure), and extra-curriculars are quite strong. Start working on your applications. Target R1 for sure.

Happy to have a 10-minute chat on your profile if you so wish. Can contact us directly through the coordinates in the signature below.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Sure GyanOne!
I have noted your point. Will get in touch when I start applying. Thanks again for the feedback. Much appreciated!

Best regards,
Vivek
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
baru wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
baru wrote:
Hi

Education :

Work Experience : 7+years in IT Consulting companies . With 3.5yrs of International work experience, worked in USA and Sweden .

Thank you ,
Bharathi

Hi baru

Hi

Yes I took in total 3 breaks ( including the current one )
break 1 : Left my first job after around 3yrs- had my first kid , left for US with husband on L2 visa , got my work visa after +1 years and landed in job .
break 2 : after working in US for 3.5 years , had my second kid - landed in India Bangalore ,worked for more than a year
break 3 : Currently

Thank you

Hi baru

Ok, thank you for sharing the further information. While we completely understand the reasons for the breaks, you do have 3 breaks overall, and are currently not employed. Applying to B-school while on a career break of over 2-3 months can be a disadvantage. This does not mean that you cannot make it, but that you must plan taking this into account. For one, ensure that your GMAT score is solid (720+) to make that a solid factor in your favor. Also ensure that you apply to multiple schools, not just one. With determination and hard work, you can get good results.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM

Originally posted by okfdkf on 13 Jul 2019, 14:51.
Last edited by okfdkf on 30 Jul 2019, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
ATRIKHA wrote:
Hi, Please help with a quick profile review

I am a 27 year old Indian Female. I completed my Engineering and have almost 5 years of experience. I started working as a coder at Accenture, and now I work with one of the Big 4s, in Mergers and Acquisitions, advising Investors and Private Equity firms in India, Middle East and South East Asia on their investments and helping conglomerates in these geographies on post merger Integrations and transformation synergies. This has been a huge career climb, for me, personally. I have worked with and as:
1. One of the biggest e-commerce firm in India as a business consultant advising the firm on how to close some of the loopholes
2. A coder at Accenture (German Telecom client)
3. An American consulting firm with its offices in India - Advising clients in India, Germany, North America and Japan on their tech transformation and go-to-market strategy
4. Big 4 - M&A consulting - Strategy (explained above)
5. A short stint in B2C sales

My post MBA goals are : To work with Private Equity / VCs, and become an investor / PE founder, in the next 5-7 Years.

My undergrads are average from an average college, and I have a GMAT of 690. My job Is demanding and requires a lot of travel, I might improve this score.

My extra curricular include working with 3 startups on their launch and expansion strategy, winning in a national level event in my college (SAE BAJA), led and organised cultural events in college fest, was an active participant in the international student exchange program at school for 2 years, stints in scriptwriting and direction, crossfit.

10th - 82%
12th - 75%
B.Tech - 62%

Posted from my mobile device

You seem to have a solid background ATRIKHA. Make sure you're able to articulate your transition from tech side to M&A consulting. Short-term goal of moving to buy side and eventually launching buys side fund of your own also seems plausible and realistic. Since ISB is one-year program and doesn't have internship, make sure to explain how you already know key people on buy side and now need well rounded MBA education fo formal training and finally move to the dark side :)

If you can inprove your GMAT to 720+, it will definately make your case stronger. This is one of the biggest variables in your control now (can't go back and change your undergrad). The extra curriculars are good, but make sure you just don't list stuff you probably did just one or two times. Strong extra curriculars show demonstrated involvement over a period of time and having too many extra curriculars just creates noise. WIsh you the very best :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
Send PM
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the chances of getting in

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
SharanyaReddy3006 wrote:
Hello All !

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
Certifications:

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.

Post MBA goal:

Please let me know.

Thanks !

You have a solid profile Sharanya, especially grades in Class X, XII and BTech, MTech. Since you spent six years at Tata Advanced Systems, would be helpful to know about your title changes i.e. career progression. Generally Adcom love career proression in same comoany as it shows you delivered and won the trust of your superiors to entrust you with greater professional responsibilities. MTech from BITS Pilani and Six Sigma certification also add more credibility :)

Your GMAT is bit on the lower side but still quite competitive for Indian female ISB applicant pool. Even extra-curricular are a bit weak. Strong extra curriculars show demonstrated involvement over a sustained period of time. You should focus on highlighting your strongest asset i.e. career progression at Tata Advanced Systems, how it made you realize you need an MBA now and why ISB is the right place for you to get it :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 108
Send PM
Hi Everyone!

Please evaluate my profile -

24 years old, engineer and male.

Academics -
Xth - 95%/10 CGPA
XIIth - 91%
Engg - 71.38%
GMAT - 690(Q48, V36)

Work Exp (2 years and 3 months by March '20)-
1. Startup - established a music school (Presently pursuing)
2. Marketing executive in a leading media house - 1 year and 5 months
2. Marketing intern at Oyo (converted internship into a full time job offer) - 3 months

Extra-Curricular-
1. Part time instructor at a music school (2014-19)
2. Completed Grade 8,7,6,4 and 2 in guitar from Trinity College, London
3. Front man of a band
4. MOOC certifications in marketing, analytics and coding
5. Organised events in schools and college

Thanks.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GRE 1: Q166 V161
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi,

Kindly review my profile for ISB

Nationality / Age: Indian female / 24
GMAT/GRE Score : 316 GRE, planning to retake GRE/GMAT in August
Work Experience : 3+ years, currently working as an Associate Product Manager at Olacabs
Educational Background: BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, RVCE
GPA : 8.66/10, 94.6% in 10, 95% in 12
Achievement highlights :
1. Worked on an automated analysis product that was awarded NASSCOM Emerge 50 2016
2. Invited by University Innovation Fellows (a program by Stanford University) to deliver a talk on my views on the gap between graduate education and industry requirements and my experience leading teams as a Google Student Ambassador
3. Selected and sponsored by Google from over 300 applicants to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration in Orlando, 2017
4. Google Student Ambassador in College, VP of Entrepreneurship Cell
5. Mentor of Change, Atal Innovation labs, Gov of India
6. Worked on the DISHA dashboard for the Gov of India

Post MBA goals: Consulting, Product Management, maybe my own startup

Kindly review my profile

Thank you
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 588 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
SharanyaReddy3006 wrote:
Hello All !

Certifications:

Extra curriculars :

Post MBA goal:

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Hi Sharanya,

I like your profile overall. You have good academics, a decent GMAT score and substantial work experience. While compiling your application, you must talk about the leadership aspects of your work and your achievements, which I believe you would have in your operations role. It would also be interesting to note any challenges you faced in your company considering that you would be among the few females in a male-dominated industry.

The weak link out here is your career goals- when you say you wish to lead supply chain teams across industries, what exactly does that mean? Are you planning to work in consulting? if yes, which type of consulting firms? Career goals need granularity. If you haven't thought through them well as yet, then you should do that now. Consider reaching out to us if you need help.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  144   145   146   147   148  ...  307