GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 00:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2019
Posts: 23
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21, ISB YLP '20
GPA: 4
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 21:53
One more guy .
Very similar profile
Just in place of my NGO experience he has Aiesec experience .

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jan 2019
Posts: 15
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 21:54
ArbiterKnight wrote:

Do you have good projects? Did you get your essays vetted by someone?
If yes - then there's a very high possibility to get shortlisted because of consistent academic performance and projects.
But one thing caveat though, if there are many engineering candidates from IITs/ BITS/ Top NITs in the applicant pool this time (provided they too have consistent academic performance, not just the privilege of the institution backing them up), it might get difficult for you. Ofcourse, assuming you aren't from them.



Thank you so much!

I belong to one of the Non IIT Tier 1 institute. My concern was that I have less extra curriculars to show in my CV. It's mainly been academics and internships.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Sep 2019
Posts: 57
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2019, 22:40
TheSpeakingGuy wrote:
ArbiterKnight wrote:

Do you have good projects? Did you get your essays vetted by someone?
If yes - then there's a very high possibility to get shortlisted because of consistent academic performance and projects.
But one thing caveat though, if there are many engineering candidates from IITs/ BITS/ Top NITs in the applicant pool this time (provided they too have consistent academic performance, not just the privilege of the institution backing them up), it might get difficult for you. Ofcourse, assuming you aren't from them.



Thank you so much!

I belong to one of the Non IIT Tier 1 institute. My concern was that I have less extra curriculars to show in my CV. It's mainly been academics and internships.


By Non IIT Tier 1, do you mean BITS Campuses/ NIT W,T,K?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2019
Posts: 23
ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Sep 2019, 13:29
Any word on shortlists?
My preference is Bangalore.

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by Prahlad96 on 12 Sep 2019, 13:26.
Last edited by Prahlad96 on 12 Sep 2019, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2019
Posts: 23
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21, ISB YLP '20
GPA: 4
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2019, 13:27
Nope

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2019
Posts: 23
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21, ISB YLP '20
GPA: 4
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2019, 22:18
Any updates guys?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 14 May 2018
Posts: 96
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2019, 22:27
AbhinavPjha wrote:
Any updates guys?

Posted from my mobile device

No ! Been waiting since soooo long.
But let's hope for the best!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Sep 2019
Posts: 57
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2019, 22:32
AbhinavPjha wrote:
Any updates guys?

Posted from my mobile device


Not yet mate. Didn't hear about anyone getting an interview call yet
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Sep 2019
Posts: 57
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2019, 22:36
AbhinavPjha wrote:
One more guy .
Very similar profile
Just in place of my NGO experience he has Aiesec experience .

Posted from my mobile device


Aisec experience is not viewed favorably by the AdCom, largely because there isn't any tangible impact via volunteering there. Although, if he's from one of the older 5 IITs he might have a chance, provided he too is the PlaceCom Head.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2019
Posts: 23
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21, ISB YLP '20
GPA: 4
ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 17 Sep 2019, 02:25
Posted from my mobile
He is not placecom head. He represted a department not the college device

Originally posted by AbhinavPjha on 12 Sep 2019, 22:38.
Last edited by AbhinavPjha on 17 Sep 2019, 02:25, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Sep 2019
Posts: 57
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2019, 22:41
AbhinavPjha wrote:
No he is not placecom head.He represented a department not the college.Will NGO experience carry weightage?

Posted from my mobile device


If the NGO you're mentioning is not AIESEC, and the person is actively involved in organizing events/raising funds, and if the essays are consistent with a good GMAT score --- Yes. These spikes offset a low GPA.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2019
Posts: 23
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21, ISB YLP '20
GPA: 4
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2019, 22:56
Should we make a WhatsApp group?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Sep 2019
Posts: 57
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2019, 23:03
AbhinavPjha wrote:
Should we make a WhatsApp group?

Posted from my mobile device


We'll wait for the interview calls. We can discuss more once we actually get through round 2
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2019
Posts: 23
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2019, 23:18
AbhinavPjha wrote:
Should we make a WhatsApp group?

Posted from my mobile device


How many people are we over here? I don't think many.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2019
Posts: 23
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21, ISB YLP '20
GPA: 4
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 02:14
I haven't been able to do anything productive after 31st?
Are you guys preparing for interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2019
Posts: 9
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2019, 02:51
By now at least some people would've gotten emails
But even I havent heard of anyone being contacted yet. Its strange

I haven't started preparing for the interview yet, just been researching possible questions
Is anyone here using a consultant for their application?

It does make sense to start prepping though, as they'll only contact you 5 days before the interview date.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Sep 2019
Posts: 57
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 05:35
drn2804 wrote:
By now at least some people would've gotten emails
But even I havent heard of anyone being contacted yet. Its strange

I haven't started preparing for the interview yet, just been researching possible questions
Is anyone here using a consultant for their application?

It does make sense to start prepping though, as they'll only contact you 5 days before the interview date.


Any news?

Today, I was very excited on seeing a mail from ISB in my inbox, only to find out that it's an advertisement for the PGP Program :|
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Sep 2019
Posts: 9
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 05:51
ArbiterKnight wrote:
drn2804 wrote:
By now at least some people would've gotten emails
But even I havent heard of anyone being contacted yet. Its strange

I haven't started preparing for the interview yet, just been researching possible questions
Is anyone here using a consultant for their application?

It does make sense to start prepping though, as they'll only contact you 5 days before the interview date.


Any news?

Today, I was very excited on seeing a mail from ISB in my inbox, only to find out that it's an advertisement for the PGP Program :|


None!

Same here :| Got an SMS about the deadline for the PGP round 1. But no news on what we actually want to know

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2019
Posts: 23
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2019, 13:58
Anyone know of any other community/ forum/ contacts of applicants where we can get the updates from?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jun 2019
Posts: 2
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2019, 00:43
Hey,

Can anyone recommend resources for interview prep? Like websites, blogs, etc.

Also, like everybody else on this forum, I have not got an interview call.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist   [#permalink] 15 Sep 2019, 00:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 294 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB YLP 2019 Stage 3 Shortlist

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne