Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 08:31 It is currently 14 May 2024, 08:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1808 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13471 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: Just got my first official results today... [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Joy660 wrote:
Just did my first official GMAT exam today and my results were pretty bad: 47Q, 35V and 660 overall...

I prepared for 2 weeks before the exam and honestly I barely studied math since I have an engineering background. The issue I faced in the exam was time: I had 1min per question for the last 10 questions in every section

I do not have a lot of time left. I used magoosh to study during the last few weeks. I was wondering if there was any better source that I can use. I need to retake it within the next month but will be working full time during this time.

Please any help is really appreciated!

Joy660

I don't find 47Q, 35V and 660 overall disappointing after a candidate has done 2 weeks of preparation.

ALl you have to do is give yourself some time to be aptly ready for the exam. You have not been able to time your test properly which gets better with consistent practice. Do you know that the standard prep duration for most good performers is about 12 -15 weeks???

You have practiced a lot less stuff that you should so I recommend more and good practice material for practice. Take Manhattan and Veritas Mock exams, review them after having taken them. That will give you great insights. Time wyour exam well so that you have enough time for last questions too. For more personal comments on strategy, you need to write more personal experience while taking exam. But I am sure you haven't got a score that should be called idsappointing.

All the best!!! :)

Two MUST join YouTube channels for GMAT aspirant GMATinsight (1000+ FREE Videos) and GMATclub :)
For a rich Topicwise Quant Video course at an affordable price CLICK HERE
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1030 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Hi Joy660 ,

First of all 660 Q47, V35 is decent score. You don't need to be disappointed.
As you said, u haven't touched quant during 2 weeks of your preparation & during the exam taking more time per question. You know where are you lagging.

I would recommend to take the next exam after 1 month. Between that time Solve Quant Hard Questions (Manhattan Books & 700 Difficulty Questions on GMATCLUB).

For Verbal, start with basics & taking your level up week by week.

Give 1-2 Mocks per week, Analyize your errors.

All the best.

Regards,
Rajat Chopra
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1837 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
Joy660 wrote:
Just did my first official GMAT exam today and my results were pretty bad: 47Q, 35V and 660 overall...

I prepared for 2 weeks before the exam and honestly I barely studied math since I have an engineering background. The issue I faced in the exam was time: I had 1min per question for the last 10 questions in every section

I do not have a lot of time left. I used magoosh to study during the last few weeks. I was wondering if there was any better source that I can use. I need to retake it within the next month but will be working full time during this time.

Please any help is really appreciated!

You have done quite well with just two weeks of preparation. A score of 660 with Q47 and V35 is actually very good return on the time you have spent preparing.

You mention that you were facing a time crunch during the exam. While time crunch will always be a challenge, you can help yourself by learning to answer the questions efficiently. This would mean that you may need to perfect your understanding of the (verbal) concepts and aim to get correct answers while answering the questions untimed. This part is important. It is difficult to answer questions correctly within short times if your accuracy is generally poor. Doing untimed exercises and reviewing your work will also help you to manage the challenges of time.

I suggest working on official questions using the above strategies. You can follow some of the same strategies for quant but since you are doing quite well on this section, you may just need to tweak some aspects. More work will need to be done for the verbal section. Practice will help.
GMAT Club Bot