GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 23 Apr 2018, 06:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kelley (Forte Fellowship full$$$) vs Goizueta (50%$$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Kelley (Forte Fellowship full ride) or Goizueta (50%)?

• 90% [9]
  • 10% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
Kelley (Forte Fellowship full$$$) vs Goizueta (50%$$$) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 02:19
Hi,

I've received an admit from Kelley with full tuition and insurance from the Forte Foundation and another from Goizueta (Emory) with approx 50% scholarship. As an international candidate with 4 years of work ex in the IT space, I'm looking to get into product marketing or product management in tech. While the financials and Forte membership that comes along with it, are incentive enough to pick Kelley over Emory, considering that they are peer schools, I would appreciate an objective opinion. From my research, both schools have very good networks and placement stats. Location is not particularly a deciding factor for me, since I am open to relocating post MBA as well.

Any help to solve my dilemma would be super helpful!

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
G
Re: Kelley (Forte Fellowship full$$$) vs Goizueta (50%$$$) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 03:09
This post received
KUDOS
gmatRocker20 wrote:
Hi,

I've received an admit from Kelley with full tuition and insurance from the Forte Foundation and another from Goizueta (Emory) with approx 50% scholarship. As an international candidate with 4 years of work ex in the IT space, I'm looking to get into product marketing or product management in tech. While the financials and Forte membership that comes along with it, are incentive enough to pick Kelley over Emory, considering that they are peer schools, I would appreciate an objective opinion. From my research, both schools have very good networks and placement stats. Location is not particularly a deciding factor for me, since I am open to relocating post MBA as well.

Thanks!

I think the answer is there in question you posed-both are great schools, difference between them is marginal. So Kelley is the easy choice here given it has provided 100% scholarship. You will have no debt by the time you graduate and Kelley should be able to place you in PM. Best of luck
3 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 03:10
This post received
KUDOS
Hey gmatRocker20 ,

Congratulations on both the admits.

Firstly, I would like to be a bit biased. Come to Emory. :P :lol: :lol:

Jokes Apart, let me provide you some suggestions.

I chose Emory over Kelley for following reasons:

1. Atlanta's location and being a big city how it can be helpful for me to network and utilize my time to visit companies. The same is not true for Kelley. It's a college town, so I really need to travel alot to network, thus wasting alot of time travelling.
2. Number of Indian candidates at Emory are just 14-18 (10% of the class) while in Kelley it has been around 40-60 (35% of the class). I would prefer to be at more diversity.
3. Emory has given me the scholarship as a direct reduction in fees whereas Kelley divided my scholarship in the form of GA, meaning I need to work to earn that money. Thus, by working extra hours at Emory, I can earn better.
4. I want to move to consulting and Emory is a renowned brand for that.

Now, it may happen that some of the reasons are completely irrelevant for you but if I talk about Kelley, you have the following advantages:
1. Full waiver. So, you really don't need to pay anything for your MBA and you can remain debt free post MBA.
2. Kelley is famous for its marketing opportunities, thus inline with your goals (though you can achieve the same from Emory as well).

So, now you have to take the call based on the factors I provided above.

All the best :)

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

How to use this forum in THE BEST way?

New --> How ApplicantLab made me reach my 10 years long MBA dream?

SVP
SVP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 15:22
gmatRocker20 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi gmatRocker20

abhimahna analyzed the situation accurately and give his context to choose between the 2 schools. :thumbup:

Here, I would support going to Kelley. As international student, you have free ride that will take the overburden of money. Also, in case you would not get a job in the US and return to your country, you would not be worry for paying loans in hard currency. Kelley is also one of the best in marketing field. The career service exert great effort to help the students.

Good luck
Kelley (Forte Fellowship full$$$) vs Goizueta (50%$$$)   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2018, 15:22

Kelley (Forte Fellowship full$$$) vs Goizueta (50%$$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, teleste, jessepinkman

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap