GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Jun 2019, 14:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kelley vs. Mendoza vs. Broad for Marketing/Brand

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Kelley vs. Mendoza vs. Broad for Marketing/Brand  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2019, 17:04
Hi all,

Happy to share that I was accepted into all 3 schools I applied for. (Kinda makes me wonder if I should have applied to a Top 10 school as well).

The three schools each offered me quite different financial aid packages, however.

Factoring in any fellowships / other aid like out-of-state waivers, my net annual tuition for each school would be as follows: (approx.)

Kelley: 37k / year
Mendoza: 26k / year
Broad: 10k / year

I will be going into Marketing, specifically Brand Management.

I know of these three schools that Kelley has the best Marketing program, recruiting, etc., but we're talking a nearly 30k a year difference, which is quite substantial when you factor in that I won't be working, and I'm already giving up a job paying 100k a year (opportunity cost).

Based on my career goals, and the costs to attend each of these schools, what would you guys recommend?

I am leaning heavily towards Broad, mostly because of the cost to attend, plus they are building a brand new 100,000 sq ft. business pavilion with new classrooms, team rooms, and even its own Panera Bread!

Let me know what option you guys think I should pick, and why.

Thanks so much!
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Kelley vs. Mendoza vs. Broad for Marketing/Brand  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2019, 12:20
As long as you don't expect to actually have any job leads or on campus recruiting and you are planning to network on your own, I think it is OK.

But I feel it is a bit rash to judge a school by its building or book by the cover. Kelley is a top 20 program and Broad is a supply chain management school with a class size of 83 people. What is 83 people going to do in 100,000 sq feet of space? :dazed

Sorry to be snarky but if you are starting with 100K of opportunity cost, it seems 30K/year is not an unthinkable amount as for someone who potentially may be coming from SE Asia or Africa where salaries are completely different. As long as you can be proud not have any regrets after attending Broad, I think that's fine. Most people tend to shoot for higher ranked programs to leverage the benefits a higher ranking providers.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Kelley vs. Mendoza vs. Broad for Marketing/Brand  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 11:16
I'm having the same issue. Admitted to broad but looking into studying marketing. What did you ultimately decided to do ?

wizkid87 wrote:
Hi all,

Happy to share that I was accepted into all 3 schools I applied for. (Kinda makes me wonder if I should have applied to a Top 10 school as well).

The three schools each offered me quite different financial aid packages, however.

Factoring in any fellowships / other aid like out-of-state waivers, my net annual tuition for each school would be as follows: (approx.)

Kelley: 37k / year
Mendoza: 26k / year
Broad: 10k / year

I will be going into Marketing, specifically Brand Management.

I know of these three schools that Kelley has the best Marketing program, recruiting, etc., but we're talking a nearly 30k a year difference, which is quite substantial when you factor in that I won't be working, and I'm already giving up a job paying 100k a year (opportunity cost).

Based on my career goals, and the costs to attend each of these schools, what would you guys recommend?

I am leaning heavily towards Broad, mostly because of the cost to attend, plus they are building a brand new 100,000 sq ft. business pavilion with new classrooms, team rooms, and even its own Panera Bread!

Let me know what option you guys think I should pick, and why.

Thanks so much!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kelley vs. Mendoza vs. Broad for Marketing/Brand   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2019, 11:16

Kelley vs. Mendoza vs. Broad for Marketing/Brand

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste