Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Kelley vs Olin vs Goizueta

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Sanjay: Kumar
Schools: CBS '22
WE:Business Development (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Kelley vs Olin vs Goizueta [#permalink]
I think Kelley is best for you

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Unless there's a specific experience at another school, or you felt a strong personal connection to the students and professors at another school, I suspect Kelley is your best bet.

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kelley vs Olin vs Goizueta [#permalink]
MBA099 wrote:
Hi Guys, I really need your help!

I'm admitted to all 3 and money factor is even.

I want to do tech or CPG marketing.

Kelley's employment report lists the most companies I'm interested in. Does this matter? Will employment opportunities be noticeably different at Kelley?

WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE???

I believe that MBA is a one time thing and you should definitely focus on a strong brand

Since money is even, I would say go ahead with Emory. Bloomington is a small city similar to st louis and the oppurtunities may be limited. Atlanta is a very big city so more potential oppurtunities in the future

While "Kelley's employment report lists the most companies I'm interested in. Does this matter? Will employment opportunities be noticeably different at Kelley?"
Companies recruit you because of the profile and not because of the school. The school just tends to have more opportunities in that domain

Hope this helps

Good luck at Emory

bb Thanks for bringing this to my notice
Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
I'll strongly disagree that the school recruits the profile and not the school. If that were the case, then there would be no point in people going to Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, etc. Those people already have a strong profile. Why go to a top school? Because companies recruit the profile AND the school.

Hatakekakashi wrote:
MBA099 wrote:

Kelley's employment report lists the most companies I'm interested in. Does this matter? Will employment opportunities be noticeably different at Kelley?

WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE???

I believe that MBA is a one time thing and you should definitely focus on a strong brand

Since money is even, I would say go ahead with Emory. Bloomington is a small city similar to st louis and the oppurtunities may be limited. Atlanta is a very big city so more potential oppurtunities in the future

While "Kelley's employment report lists the most companies I'm interested in. Does this matter? Will employment opportunities be noticeably different at Kelley?"
Companies recruit you because of the profile and not because of the school. The school just tends to have more opportunities in that domain

Hope this helps

Good luck at Emory

Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBA099 wrote:

WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE???

Kelley makes much more sense for you considering your post-MBA goals. Good luck. :)
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
MBA099 wrote:

WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE???

Another vote for Kelley, except hat you want something in Emory more attractive such location, curriculum, way of teaching..etc . However, Kelley marketing academy and marketing professors are great.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [1]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
FinanceMan wrote:
I'll strongly disagree that the school recruits the profile and not the school. If that were the case, then there would be no point in people going to Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, etc. Those people already have a strong profile. Why go to a top school? Because companies recruit the profile AND the school.

Hatakekakashi wrote:
MBA099 wrote:

WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE???

Hope this helps

Good luck at Emory

While that is true, not having a profile and being at harvard wouldn't get you your dream job. Of course you can fake it till you make it
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts