Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools: Kellogg '24
Send PM
Re: Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program [#permalink]
chirantansarkar wrote:
anyone with an interview invite for kellogg future leaders program?

Honestly, I don't think anyone can answer with certainty except the adcom. According to the calendar, there are no new slots open for now, but this was the case two weeks back and then they opened 15 + slots for new interviews. So be positive, fingers crossed for you! Good luck, you may still receive it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys!

Any updates on the slots or are they still sending out interview invitations?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
msreddy07 wrote:
Hi guys!

Any updates on the slots or are they still sending out interview invitations?

I don't see any new slots as of now, they may add them in a week, not sure
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Has anyone heard any updates or any insights? What do people think the odds are of admission if we received an interview, from what I’ve seen it was a pretty selective interview process?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
JMR1998 wrote:
Has anyone heard any updates or any insights? What do people think the odds are of admission if we received an interview, from what I’ve seen it was a pretty selective interview process?

The average deferred MBA class size is about 100 students. Since this is the first batch, they might take as low as 50, like some other Universities that took that many in their first year of a similar program. Probably around 120 students received an interview call, so the chances won't go lower than 1 out of every 3 and will go as high as almost everyone gets in.
Chances look very good! (In my opinion)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rinu1agar wrote:
JMR1998 wrote:

The average deferred MBA class size is about 100 students. Since this is the first batch, they might take as low as 50, like some other Universities that took that many in their first year of a similar program. Probably around 120 students received an interview call, so the chances won't go lower than 1 out of every 3 and will go as high as almost everyone gets in.

Do you know how many they interviewed exactly? I saw someone say 100? In that case I could see 70-75% being admitted possible. I think Wharton’s first year doing it with all possible candidates was 85
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GRE 1: Q170 V164
Send PM
85 people got in? Or 85 people were interviewed

Manager
Manager
Send PM
JMR1998 wrote:
rinu1agar wrote:
JMR1998 wrote:

Do you know how many they interviewed exactly? I saw someone say 100? In that case I could see 70-75% being admitted possible. I think Wharton’s first year doing it with all possible candidates was 85

Hey, I think everyone only has estimates based on the number of slots on the calendar. So i just gave a ballpark figure.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rinu1agar wrote:
JMR1998 wrote:
rinu1agar wrote:
JMR1998 wrote:

Hey, I think everyone only has estimates based on the number of slots on the calendar. So i just gave a ballpark figure.

No worries, no worries. I’m not disagreeing with you, I actually agree. Just throwing out some figures as well. I think we are all in a good spot, and have a good shot, and hopefully we will get some good news soon. Just wish it was sooner lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
jxfoundation wrote:
85 people got in? Or 85 people were interviewed

This is an estimate for the number of acceptances/yield after interview. It is true that some institutions may have a cap on the number of acceptances and/or a target yield, especially if it is the first year of deferred admissions. Wharton was targeting under 100, as disclosed during an undergraduate visit day. I read someone posted that he/she thinks Kellogg may be taking all the adcom thinks would be successful, but I’m not sure of exact numbers.

I feel a bit uneasy about it overall. My GRE was on the lower side for the M7 (157 V 165 Q 5.5 AWA), which most likely contributed to my rejections from my four other M7 deferred programs. I suspect that the adcom may be putting a larger emphasis on essays, gpa, internships, and the interview since Kellogg was the only school to declare optional test scores. The essay prompts were also values and leadership based, which allowed me to express myself most compared to the “Why this MBA program?” essay.

Overall, I would think odds are in your favor post interview. Will everyone who was interviewed get in? Probably not 100%. Most likely they will do another profile review to make sure the application fits nicely. For example, my test score may still be grounds for a ding if others Interviewed have 328+.

Trying to put nerves aside and enjoy the summer before I start work. Facing 4 dings in a row was a bit upsetting, but there is always another shot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
This is the reply I got from the adcom of Kellogg when I mailed asking if the results were rolling or not:

"Thank you for your email. Kellogg Future Leaders decisions are being released on a rolling basis, and all decisions will be released by July 29th."
I heard from a friend, that someone he knows already got accepted, please let me know if you got any acceptance letter as well, because I haven't and the wait is really killing me! :/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
rinu1agar wrote:
This is the reply I got from the adcom of Kellogg when I mailed asking if the results were rolling or not:

"Thank you for your email. Kellogg Future Leaders decisions are being released on a rolling basis, and all decisions will be released by July 29th."
I heard from a friend, that someone he knows already got accepted, please let me know if you got any acceptance letter as well, because I haven't and the wait is really killing me! :/

Oh dang. I would just love to find out this week. I’m surprised they didn’t align the decisions more with Wharton’s deferred program

Manager
Manager
Send PM
thembaclub wrote:
rinu1agar wrote:

Oh dang. I would just love to find out this week. I’m surprised they didn’t align the decisions more with Wharton’s deferred program

What was Wharton's like? Rejections will be out on 29th and everyone accepted will get notified before, so the waitlist process will be smoother, is it like that?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rinu1agar wrote:
thembaclub wrote:
rinu1agar wrote:

What was Wharton's like? Rejections will be out on 29th and everyone accepted will get notified before, so the waitlist process will be smoother, is it like that?

My guess is that the timeline will be based on when your interview was, maybe the first wave of interviewers is finding out now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Wharton released all decision on the 11th this month. I didn’t even get an interview so I stopped following it haha

Manager
Manager
Send PM
JMR1998 wrote:
rinu1agar wrote:
thembaclub wrote:
rinu1agar wrote:

My guess is that the timeline will be based on when your interview was, maybe the first wave of interviewers is finding out now.

But in that case how will they keep track of how many students get in? But this guess sounds good.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rinu1agar wrote:
JMR1998 wrote:
rinu1agar wrote:
thembaclub wrote:
rinu1agar wrote:

But in that case how will they keep track of how many students get in? But this guess sounds good.

That’s a fair point too, I’m guessing they just started releasing decisions, so now it’s just about patience.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts