GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 02:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2020, 08:58
thembaclub wrote:
Don’t lose hope! Just checked today and they opened up more interview slots in July during the first week.

Posted from my mobile device

Best news I’ve heard all week. Thank you for this.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2020, 09:06
pnandi3 wrote:
thembaclub wrote:
Don’t lose hope! Just checked today and they opened up more interview slots in July during the first week.

Best news I’ve heard all week. Thank you for this.

No problem! I’ll update if I see more slots open up in July. For now they only added one day of interviews on July 1st
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 12:41
Just got done with my interview. Lasted 37 minutes (30-40 is the expected range). It went well, fingers crossed. These were the questions (not necessarily in order)
1) Walk me through your resume.
2) Why did you choose your major and why these internships?
3) Why Kellogg?
4) When have you worked with a diverse team and how was it rewarding?
5) What's your leadership style?
6) Why an MBA?
7) Follow up questions about my extra curriculars and awards.
I'm really surprised why some of you haven't shared your interview experiences. Nevertheless, I hope this helps some of you! Do well, cheers!

Intern
Intern
B
Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 12:52
Just got off the phone with Kellogg. They have already reviewed all applications a few times. They will keep having multiple admissions officers go through the apps a few more times and decide if any candidates should be called for interviews. They are at the tail-end of this process and will call only a few more people to speak with. I’m assuming it’s like 5 to 6 more people, max.

Unlike regular MBA admissions, an interview is mandatory to move on in the Kellogg Future Leaders Application process. Further, getting an interview invite is much more selective in this process than it is in the regular process, where they try to interview everyone. If you have made it too the interview stage, chances are that you stand a very good shot at getting into the program unless you goofed up the interview somehow.

Updates regarding interview status should be made by the end of this week for all applicants. If you haven’t gotten an interview by now, don’t hold your breath—apply again during the regular admissions process once you’ve gained some work experience and strong extracurricular involvement.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 13:01
pnandi3 wrote:
Just got off the phone with Kellogg. They have already reviewed all applications a few times. They will keep having multiple admissions officers go through the apps a few more times and decide if any candidates should be called for interviews. They are at the tail-end of this process and will call only a few more people to speak with. I’m assuming it’s like 5 to 6 more people, max.

Unlike regular MBA admissions, an interview is mandatory to move on in the Kellogg Future Leaders Application process. Further, getting an interview invite is much more selective in this process than it is in the regular process, where they try to interview everyone. If you have made it too the interview stage, chances are that you stand a very good shot at getting into the program unless you goofed up the interview somehow.

Updates regarding interview status should be made by the end of this week for all applicants.

Whoa! Thanks for getting that update to us. I know you’ve been looking for this interview, bud. Hope it comes through.

Did they clarify anything for candidates that have been interviewed? If they’ve already reviewed many candidates are they releasing decisions in batches? One page on the site says decision “by” July 29 and the other says “on” the 29th
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2020, 13:54
thembaclub wrote:
pnandi3 wrote:

Updates regarding interview status should be made by the end of this week for all applicants.

Whoa! Thanks for getting that update to us. I know you’ve been looking for this interview, bud. Hope it comes through.

Did they clarify anything for candidates that have been interviewed? If they’ve already reviewed many candidates are they releasing decisions in batches? One page on the site says decision “by” July 29 and the other says “on” the 29th

Sorry, I don’t have much info on this. I’m not sure if they will roll out final decisions in batches for interviewed candidates or just give everyone a final response on the 29th.
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: Kellogg
Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Jul 2020, 23:35

Originally posted by rinu1agar on 30 Jun 2020, 08:46.
Last edited by rinu1agar on 07 Jul 2020, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2020, 19:34
Hi all, just noticed this thread. I had my interview earlier in June and I’m waiting for the July 29th decision day. My interviewer told me that decisions will not be rolling. A lot of my questions were already shared in this thread, and my interview time was 31 minutes. Overall it was very conversational and I thought it went well.

I applied to 5 deferred programs, and so far I’ve been rejected from everyone except Kellogg, which was my only interview. I’m hoping it pulls through. Applied with GRE. Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 05:17
Hey people. Had my interview with alumnus/adcom yesterday. The whole process lasted for about 45 minutes and the last 5-7 minutes was dedicated to answering my questions. Questions asked were basically 50% from the list rinu1agar posted and 50% from the list abhi271097 posted. Hope this helps also.

From one of the admissions assitants, I heard that they have completely waived the GMAT/GRE requirement for the KFL program also, meaning that it is possible for us to get an unconditional offer without having to submit the GMAT (Unlike other schools which send out offers conditional on a GMAT score in the future). Can someone confirm that?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 05:25
Eddymok123 wrote:
Hey people. Had my interview with alumnus/adcom yesterday. The whole process lasted for about 45 minutes and the last 5-7 minutes was dedicated to answering my questions. Questions asked were basically 50% from the list rinu1agar posted and 50% from the list abhi271097 posted. Hope this helps also.

From one of the admissions assitants, I heard that they have completely waived the GMAT/GRE requirement for the KFL program also, meaning that it is possible for us to get an unconditional offer without having to submit the GMAT (Unlike other schools which send out offers conditional on a GMAT score in the future). Can someone confirm that?

I believe you’re correct. I didn’t submit a GMAT and they never said anything. On the application form they had a note on the test page that said something like “Future Leaders: The testing requirement is currently being waived. If you would like to submit a GMAT/GRE score to your application please do so below”

It is definitely waived. I took a screenshot on my computer that I can send you if you really want it.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 06:35
thembaclub wrote:
Eddymok123 wrote:

I believe you’re correct. I didn’t submit a GMAT and they never said anything. On the application form they had a note on the test page that said something like “Future Leaders: The testing requirement is currently being waived. If you would like to submit a GMAT/GRE score to your application please do so below”

It is definitely waived. I took a screenshot on my computer that I can send you if you really want it.

Got it mate. Thanks for the info.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 06:36
anyone know if they will get to us on one day or on a rolling basis?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2020, 09:11
jxfoundation wrote:
anyone know if they will get to us on one day or on a rolling basis?

We are all going to receive the decision on the 29 of July, that's what the interviewer told me.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2020, 22:36
Hi
Is anyone still getting invitations to interview?
Or any other information from Kellogg?
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2020, 01:20
when i checked the interviews slots - there were no more planned for the week after this one. could change though!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2020, 22:59
Hey, did all of you submit gmat/gre scores for your application? If so, I was wondering if you could tell me how much you got?
Also what sort of profiles do you guys have? I'm so nervous and 29th is so far away, lets engage in conversation to keep our mind off it? :lol:
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 09:37
Looks like they opened up about 15 more interview slots in the interview portal from the 9th to the 15th

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 10:23
That's great, hope some on this forum get the call soon!
So how many total interview calls does that make?
Around 100?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 10:40
abhi271097 wrote:
That's great, hope some on this forum get the call soon!
So how many total interview calls does that make?
Around 100?

I hope so too! And yes, I’d probably estimate it somewhere around 100
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 11:23
Well, the average size of the Deferred MBA cohort (HBS, Sloan, ISB, Columbia) is 85-100. Also, my interviewer told me that they're open to admitting every candidate they like and no stringent number set by the AdCom.
So, something tells me that most (90%) of the interview selects might be admitted. :)

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2020, 11:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24    Next  [ 461 posts ] 

Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293