GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Jul 2020, 13:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 11:57
Hello everyone. In January, Kellogg announced that they'd be opening up their MBA admissions for college applicants looking to enroll in 2 to 5 years. I came across this like last week, and I've been scrambling to collect GMAT materials and get ready for another dreaded standardized test. I wanted to start the discussion since it doesn't look like an open topic has been made yet. Feel free to post your backgrounds and stats--I would love to learn about all the other applicants :)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 14:06
Really? I wonder why they would want to lock up applicants so early. Strange times.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2020, 05:07
stephenpdao wrote:
Really? I wonder why they would want to lock up applicants so early. Strange times.

I’m guessing it’s because applications were down last year and they want to bump up the numbers again. Now with this pandemic here, even fewer people would be willing to spend time applying for this, so the promise of an early admission incentivizes people to apply for the program.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2020, 06:26
Do you think this mean you expect their acceptance rate will go up for the next few classes?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2020, 06:46
stephenpdao wrote:
Do you think this mean you expect their acceptance rate will go up for the next few classes?

Honestly, I don’t have a clue. I’m just gonna shoot my shot lmao.
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2020, 06:45
Deferred programs like Kellogg's are a huge trend among all of the top programs, as outlined in this blog post: https://vantagepointmba.com/2020/01/27/ ... e-for-you/.

My view is that schools want to lock up great candidates early and then allow them flexibility to follow their passions in between undergrad and business school without stressing over the impact a certain job, etc will have on their profile. As with many things, the top programs tend to follow each other's lead when it comes to new offerings like this :)

pnandi3 I responded to your profile eval separately - good luck :)
Contact us for a Free Consultation!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2020, 23:23
Hey guys, I'm a holder of a 3-year undergraduate degree from India. I'm graduating this year, and have no work experience.

I have offers from Warwick and IE for their MSc Finance programs.

Short-term/Post MSc goal: To break into M&A at a BB/EB in India, Singapore or the UK (in that order of priority) after the MSc.

Long-term goal: To use my M&A experience to move into a healthcare-focused private equity fund

Questions:

1) Which school do you think has a better reputation in India, Singapore or the UK (again in that order of priority) for IB?

2) I'm probably going to apply to a deferred MBA program to make the switch to private equity later in my career. I know that an applicant's University's reputation plays an important role in the admissions process. Will the MBA programs (Booth, CBS, Wharton, etc.) prefer Warwick or IE?

Thanks for your time!
Intern
Intern
B
Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2020, 00:25
Snake83k wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a holder of a 3-year undergraduate degree from India. I'm graduating this year, and have no work experience.

I have offers from Warwick and IE for their MSc Finance programs.

Short-term/Post MSc goal: To break into M&A at a BB/EB in India, Singapore or the UK (in that order of priority) after the MSc.

Long-term goal: To use my M&A experience to move into a healthcare-focused private equity fund

Questions:

1) Which school do you think has a better reputation in India, Singapore or the UK (again in that order of priority) for IB?

2) I'm probably going to apply to a deferred MBA program to make the switch to private equity later in my career. I know that an applicant's University's reputation plays an important role in the admissions process. Will the MBA programs (Booth, CBS, Wharton, etc.) prefer Warwick or IE?

Thanks for your time!

Hello Snake83!

I’m not that familiar with the Masters programs you mentioned, but from what I’ve heard from industry professionals, having pre-MBA private equity experience is a must for getting that senior associate/VP role post MBA. So if you can show that you’ve taken steps towards that goal, then I think you’ll have a fighting chance.

Since you don’t have any relevant internship experience in IB or PE, perhaps you can talk about relevant research experiences in the healthcare field. Published papers within the field of your choosing would be great as well, and they would also be really unique. Another thing to have in mind is that you can apply for the deferred MBA programs as long as you are in school. So, if you join a Masters program at either of the two schools you mentioned, you can just apply for the deferred MBA programs then, and accumulate some solid IB internship experience during the school year. That could help create a strong first impression when applying to these deferred MBA programs.

Since I’m not too familiar with the Masters programs you mentioned, I’m just inclined to believe that the M7 won’t really care about which one you choose, as long as you are able to get work experience from solid IB, and afterwards, Healthcare related Pre-MBA PE shops prior to joining the MBA program. A lot of hiring in Europe happens regionally, so a degree from IE will get you interview invites in Spain. I’d pick the program based on where you want to go, unless you feel very strongly about any one school.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2020, 10:44
pnandi3

Thanks for your input! Will definitely try to get some relevant internship experience before applying :)
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 10:09
Did anyone apply to the future leaders program?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 10:13
yashbhati wrote:
Did anyone apply to the future leaders program?

Yep

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 09:31
Hey guys, if anyone applied for this program, please let us know if and when you received an interview!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 09:34
Sure

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2020, 11:58
Kellogg can you tell me is MBA good for my carrier because I am planning to do MBA after BBA is it good or bad.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 17:37
Hey has anyone heard back about an interview? The application submission email says 1-2 weeks after the deadline, but does this apply to the FL program?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2020, 17:56
mbahop3ful wrote:
Hey has anyone heard back about an interview? The application submission email says 1-2 weeks after the deadline, but does this apply to the FL program?

Haven’t heard back regarding an interview. I’m gonna wait till the end of the month, and I’ll call them up to inquire about interviews if I don’t get one till then. Email says 1-2 weeks, but the app said 2-4 weeks. Will keep everyone posted.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2020, 09:40
pnandi3 wrote:
mbahop3ful wrote:

Haven’t heard back regarding an interview. I’m gonna wait till the end of the month, and I’ll call them up to inquire about interviews if I don’t get one till then. Email says 1-2 weeks, but the app said 2-4 weeks. Will keep everyone posted.

They also updated the application portal with this (on June 3rd):

"Thank you for submitting an application for our Kellogg Future Leaders Program! We are in the process of reviewing applications and we will be reaching out with your interview update in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our interview coordinator at ksm-aao@kellogg.northwestern.edu"
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 22:24
thembaclub wrote:
pnandi3 wrote:
mbahop3ful wrote:

They also updated the application portal with this (on June 3rd):

"Thank you for submitting an application for our Kellogg Future Leaders Program! We are in the process of reviewing applications and we will be reaching out with your interview update in the coming weeks. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our interview coordinator at ksm-aao@kellogg.northwestern.edu"

Yep, I saw that as well. No updates on my end, as of now. Nervously hoping for some good news in the coming days. I am literally willing to sacrifice my soul to the Lovecraftian gods for an interview.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2020, 11:24
Still have not heard anything regarding interviews. Anyone have any update? New info regarding when interview invites go out?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2020, 11:27
Jordank25 wrote:
Still have not heard anything regarding interviews. Anyone have any update? New info regarding when interview invites go out?

Still 2 weeks of hope left. I spoke with the Kellogg front desk 2 weeks ago, and the review process should be fully completed by the 26th. If we don’t hear back by then, it’s gg.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program   [#permalink] 15 Jun 2020, 11:27

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 105 posts ] 

Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293