Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program [#permalink]
losergmatkid wrote:
dillan145 wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:
Has anyone here not been interviewed but not been rejected either? I got an email 2 weeks ago telling me that I was not selected to interview (not sure if that's the same thing as an interview waiver). Getting accepted isn't looking probable right now but still clinging to some hope haha

Been lurking in this board for a while now. In the same boat as you, I also got the email where they told me I was not selected to interview and have not been rejected either.

I'm assuming you got that same email I did about 2 weeks back? Not sure what they were implying.

Yep, got it about 2 weeks back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
lazzopos wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:
dillan145 wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:
Has anyone here not been interviewed but not been rejected either? I got an email 2 weeks ago telling me that I was not selected to interview (not sure if that's the same thing as an interview waiver). Getting accepted isn't looking probable right now but still clinging to some hope haha

Been lurking in this board for a while now. In the same boat as you, I also got the email where they told me I was not selected to interview and have not been rejected either.

I'm assuming you got that same email I did about 2 weeks back? Not sure what they were implying.

That is so bizarre. I’m very curious what this could mean if they seek to interview every applicant

Posted from my mobile device

They didn’t say they were trying to interview every applicant for KFL - that’s for the regular application cycle and it’s likely a different process for KFL
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jdmba2023 wrote:
lazzopos wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:
dillan145 wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:

That is so bizarre. I’m very curious what this could mean if they seek to interview every applicant

They didn’t say they were trying to interview every applicant for KFL - that’s for the regular application cycle and it’s likely a different process for KFL

Thanks for the response. It sounds like you've already been admitted to a MBA program. Congrats! Do you happen to have any insight on how this all works? Honestly feels like the fact that some of us weren't given interviews places us at a disadvantage to be quite honest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
jdmba2023 wrote:
lazzopos wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:
dillan145 wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:

I’m curious why jdmba2023 thinks KFL will not interview every applicant. I thought some poster previously said they called admissions and said that adcom said they interview every applicant. I also feel disadvantaged losergmatkid
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
dillan145 wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:
dillan145 wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:

what was the wording of the email you go from Kellogg that said you did not receive an interview
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I don't want to spread false info or confuse anyone, but I have a two friends who applied to KFL, didn't get interviews, and already got rejected. I saw people post similar things on this thread earlier, too. Based on those anecdotes, it's my understanding that they aren't interviewing every applicant because people already got denied without being given an interview.

I know Kellogg usually prides itself on trying to interview every candidate (for its regular admissions cycle), but given that this is an M7 deferral program that is bound to be competitive, that adcom hasn't done admissions for this kind of program before, and that there are other unusual restrictions due to COVID, I wouldn't be surprised if that's a different story right now and interviews are more selective for this program. I think it makes sense to assume that Kellogg is treating the KFL application cycle differently from the regular application cycle because other people in this group have had adcom people tell them that we will be notified of admission/denial via email and our portals whereas regular Kellogg applicants are always notified of admission via phone -- that's a big thing for Kellogg's "regular" MBA admissions process but they supposedly aren't doing it for KFL admissions. This is just speculation and I don't know specifics at all about what an interview means or doesn't mean!

I'm rooting for everyone and sending good vibes to all. We'll know for sure by EOD on the 29th :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
pnandi3 wrote:
Just got off the phone with Kellogg. They have already reviewed all applications a few times. They will keep having multiple admissions officers go through the apps a few more times and decide if any candidates should be called for interviews. They are at the tail-end of this process and will call only a few more people to speak with. I’m assuming it’s like 5 to 6 more people, max.

Unlike regular MBA admissions, an interview is mandatory to move on in the Kellogg Future Leaders Application process. Further, getting an interview invite is much more selective in this process than it is in the regular process, where they try to interview everyone. If you have made it too the interview stage, chances are that you stand a very good shot at getting into the program unless you goofed up the interview somehow.

Updates regarding interview status should be made by the end of this week for all applicants. If you haven’t gotten an interview by now, don’t hold your breath—apply again during the regular admissions process once you’ve gained some work experience and strong extracurricular involvement.

I think the interview conundrum was cleared by Nandi weeks ago.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
abhi271097 wrote:
pnandi3 wrote:
Just got off the phone with Kellogg. They have already reviewed all applications a few times. They will keep having multiple admissions officers go through the apps a few more times and decide if any candidates should be called for interviews. They are at the tail-end of this process and will call only a few more people to speak with. I’m assuming it’s like 5 to 6 more people, max.

Unlike regular MBA admissions, an interview is mandatory to move on in the Kellogg Future Leaders Application process. Further, getting an interview invite is much more selective in this process than it is in the regular process, where they try to interview everyone. If you have made it too the interview stage, chances are that you stand a very good shot at getting into the program unless you goofed up the interview somehow.

Updates regarding interview status should be made by the end of this week for all applicants. If you haven’t gotten an interview by now, don’t hold your breath—apply again during the regular admissions process once you’ve gained some work experience and strong extracurricular involvement.

to echo what has already been said...for KFL only select applicants will have the opportunity to interview unlike their regular MBA admissions process in which everyone is allowed to interview. I would say that if you did not receive an interview it is likely you will not be admitted. The only question is for those who said they got an interview waiver. Those individuals may have a chance of still being selected? It's really unclear? I personally dont understand the rational behind an interview waiver given that they are selecting who they want to interview but as someone else mentioned maybe they really didnt have the capacity to conduct all the interviews they were hoping to do. I think it is a little strange that there are applicants left who havent interviewed but have not heard anything...but if you received an email saying you were not selected to interview that may indicate you are no longer being considered...

my guess is as good as anyones though..this is just what I have gathered from info thats been shared on various forums

good luck to everyone :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Kudos
I just want to say that, out of all the deferred programmes I applied to, Kellogg's has been the most opaque with regards to clarity during the process as well as about all the other things (deadlines, video essays, other). At this point I just want to hear back. I'm tired of being confused day-after-day regarding adcoms' thought processes and methods and stressed about when we hear back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
josukehigashikata wrote:
I just want to say that, out of all the deferred programmes I applied to, Kellogg's has been the most opaque with regards to clarity during the process as well as about all the other things (deadlines, video essays, other). At this point I just want to hear back. I'm tired of being confused day-after-day regarding adcoms' thought processes and methods and stressed about when we hear back.

agreed after applying I sent an email to adcom about the timeline of the process and was told that I would hear back soon and thats it...kinda ridiculous... and theres no information online about KFL whatsoever except that its a deferred process and the app deadline and decision date...seems to me this would have happened regardless of the pandemic given that they had been advertising the program since early fall if not sooner
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Kudos
Anyone think we'll hear something today or is it definitely just going to be a tomorrow thing? Trying to convince myself to not spend 6 hours on this website today lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
amariariana wrote:
dillan145 wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:
dillan145 wrote:
losergmatkid wrote:

what was the wording of the email you go from Kellogg that said you did not receive an interview

This is what the email said:

Thank you for applying to the Kellogg Future Leaders program. We have received many inquiries regarding the status of the interviews and wanted to provide an update.

At this time, you have not been selected for an interview. All applications are currently under final review, and the committee will contact you personally if they need further clarification on any aspect of your application prior to the July 29th decision deadline.

We appreciate your interest in the Kellogg School of Management and the Kellogg Future Leaders program. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us or call us at 847-491-3308.

Sincerely,

Kellogg Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
flutemba2020 wrote:
Anyone think we'll hear something today or is it definitely just going to be a tomorrow thing? Trying to convince myself to not spend 6 hours on this website today lol

I'm just assuming they will send everything out tomorrow. If they release decisions today that'd be a great surprise, but not operating under the assumption we will hear anything today. We will also all prob get email + portal updates around the same time
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
entrep360 wrote:
abhi271097 wrote:
pnandi3 wrote:

to echo what has already been said...for KFL only select applicants will have the opportunity to interview unlike their regular MBA admissions process in which everyone is allowed to interview. I would say that if you did not receive an interview it is likely you will not be admitted. The only question is for those who said they got an interview waiver. Those individuals may have a chance of still being selected? It's really unclear? I personally dont understand the rational behind an interview waiver given that they are selecting who they want to interview but as someone else mentioned maybe they really didnt have the capacity to conduct all the interviews they were hoping to do. I think it is a little strange that there are applicants left who havent interviewed but have not heard anything...but if you received an email saying you were not selected to interview that may indicate you are no longer being considered...

my guess is as good as anyones though..this is just what I have gathered from info thats been shared on various forums

good luck to everyone :)

That's what I'm assuming as well. But then the fact that Kellogg hasn't outright rejected us noninterviewees is odd. There is no reason or logic in waiting until the 29th to reject applicants who didn't interview when they could have cut the cord for the ding weeks ago. This leads me to think there is a strand of hope for applicants in the same situation as me, but again, not sure at all. Similar to you, this is all just hopeless speculation. We will have to see tomorrow...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Anyone have any count on how many people were interviewed?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
We tried to count. My estimate was around 100 - 120 give or take 20?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools: Kellogg '24
Send PM
czurm wrote:
I had my interview very early 6/15 and haven’t heard anything.

Im certain our calculations are incorrect, since we thought the first set of interviews started on 16th june. Ive seen someone else on this thread saying their interview was in the first week of july itself. so easily 200 people have been interviewed. (worst case)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts