GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Mar 2019, 14:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg MMM vs. MIT Sloan

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 33% [4]
  • 66% [8]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
Reviews Badge
Kellogg MMM vs. MIT Sloan  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 20:13
I was recently admitted to the Kellogg MMM program and MIT Sloan. I was given $40K to Kellogg and $50K to Sloan. Kellogg is also slightly more expensive given the additional summer quarter and the fellowship I received for Sloan also comes with additional mentorship and leadership development opportunities.

My immediate post-MBA goal is MBB or design consulting. I eventually want to go into VC. For consulting, I know both schools have strong numbers with MBB, but the MMM program might give me a better edge for design consulting. I also like that Kellogg has an open interview policy, which takes away some of the risk of applying for these really competitive firms. MIT Sloan does have good connections with the design consulting firms in its area, so I'm not sure how much the extra degree in design innovation would matter in the end.

For VC, I like that Kellogg has experiential opportunities like the VC Lab and the San Francisco Immersion Quarter, but the MIT brand might be stronger in this area despite the lack of VC experiential courses.

I also applied for the HKS MPP program, which I would do as a concurrent degree with MIT Sloan. This might push Sloan over the edge for me if I get in, but given the commitment deadlines of the schools, I have to decide before I hear back from HKS.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Kellogg MMM vs. MIT Sloan  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 17:44
Hi, I’m not an expert here, but I’ll try to give you my perspective.

I really don’t think there’s a relevant $$$ difference here. MIT gave you 10k extra, but the school costs a little bit more than Kellogg. And even if you consider living expenses of 3 extras months in Evanston, it would mean only 5-10% of a typical total mba cost. I would’t choose for money.

For your career goals it seem to be equally great schools as well.
MBB- both are great
Design consulting - Kellogg slightly better
VC - maybe equally good, maybe MIT is slightly better bc of the greater contact with start ups (I’ve been reading about this career path too and some people say that it’s extremely difficult to go to VC if you are not from GSB or HBS, not sure if that info is correct).

If you are international (and thinks about staying in US), a relevant advantage of Kellogg MMM is the possibility of visa extension due to the STEM degree.

If you are from US, I suggest you to choose the culture you like best. Both schools are great, just pick the one where you will have the best 2 years experience.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kellogg MMM vs. MIT Sloan   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2019, 17:44

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap