GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 04:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg vs CBS ($$$$) vs Stern ($$$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Kellogg vs CBS vs Stern

• 4% [2]
  • 85% [42]
  • 6% [3]
  • 4% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Kellogg vs CBS ($$$$) vs Stern ($$$$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 16:15
I'm a bit torn and would like outside perspective. I've been fortunate to receive admittance to Kellogg (no scholarship) as well as CBS and Stern (both with full scholarships). Kellogg hasn't budged on money, despite me asking. I love it in Evanston and feel it is the best fit for me. However, I can't look past the money. It is significant and I know all of these schools open similar doors.

I come from a FinTech background and will likely return to that space (though if I took out loans I could be swayed to pursue something more traditional for a few years to pay that debt off).

My attraction to Kellogg mostly boils down to the community (the new building doesn't hurt either). I really felt at home there and it seems like a great place to spend two years. New York would be fun but I am geographically open and nothing is stopping me from moving there after school. Am I overvaluing the fit at Kellogg and dismissing CBS/Stern for being city-centric commuter schools?

I am also on the Sloan waitlist. It is probably best for my goals but I'm not too keen to woo them more than I already did.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
Re: Kellogg vs CBS ($$$$) vs Stern ($$$$)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 16:50
FWIW it’s worth I’m choosing Kellogg ($30k scholarship) over Ross ($120k scholarship).

CBS>Stern for sure. CBS vs Kellogg is a little trickier.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 21:02
Gotta go with CBS here. CBS and Kellogg are peer schools so with the full ride this is an easy choice. If you prefer Kellogg, see if you can get them to match.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 09:58
Completely agree with Jesse. I would be between CBS and Kellogg. A full-ride goes a long way though - definitely will allow you to choose a job after school for the job and not the worry of loans building up
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 19:04
Wow congrats on these fantastic options. Kellogg is the best school of the bunch with probably the strongest culture of any top MBA program but I would really caution you against turning down the money at CBS. It is just about a peer school with Kellogg and will allow you to get to where you need to get but with the money it pushes things clearly in favor of taking this offer.

Congrats again!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern' 2012

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 00:14
Got to go with Columbia. The only downside of it usually is the $$ which you already have covered.
I have lived in both Chicago and NYC and I think NYC holds an edge especially if you are looking at Fintech. Eventually, it boils down to what will you do rather than the name of the school alone.
I dropped out of NYU Stern because I leveraged the value of the location, networked and landed a great job offer at the end of first year itself. I feel location can matter a lot if you know how to play it. I interned with a fintech startup in Brooklyn in summer and it was great. I don't think Chicago gives you as much exposure professionally.
Of course, CBS holds an edge over Stern.

Nistha Tripathi | Scholar Strategy
MBA dropout from NYU Stern, Happy Careers Mentor

http://scholarstrategy.com/why-should-anyone-do-an-mba/
Email: nistha at scholarstrategy dot com

Retired Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 03:03
Do you want to work in IB or Finance in general? Then NYU is probably the right way to go.
Re: Kellogg vs CBS ($$$$) vs Stern ($$$$) &nbs [#permalink] 17 Mar 2018, 03:03

Kellogg vs CBS ($$$$) vs Stern ($$$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap