It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 22:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kenan-Flagler Application Waiver

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 33

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Kenan-Flagler Application Waiver [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 07:53
Hi All,

I scored a 760 on the GMAT and received a mail from Kenan-Flagler through GMASS stating that I have received a $150 waiver of application fee. Now, since round 3/4 dates are left and success ratio of an Indian Engineer Male is pretty low I don't want to take chance this year and hence I requested the admission committee for a waiver for next year round 1. However, I have been informed by the committee that the waiver is valid for this year only and if I need it next year I would need to write to them the next year and they will see if they can do then.

Anyone has ever faced such a situation and if yes, did you get the waiver the next year?

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 66

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Kenan-Flagler Application Waiver [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 08:02
Don't worry about it. You will get a waiver if you just write to them next year

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 66

Manager
Manager
G

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 09:24
thanks!!

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 32

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 07:37
gmat2k17 wrote:
Hi All,
Listen... I would not write off your chances for this year... with the 760 GMAT you will be a valued applicant. Who knows how things are going on the inside and maybe if the yields are lower than expected or they just need to make some tweaks to the class they may in fact look at your application favorably if you apply R4. If you are not successful in spring, you should still get the waiver for next year R1 and I don't see any real risks for you in applying now and then again in fall if not successful. And this is from someone who worked for many years at UNC. I would encourage you to give it a shot...
I scored a 760 on the GMAT and received a mail from Kenan-Flagler through GMASS stating that I have received a $150 waiver of application fee. Now, since round 3/4 dates are left and success ratio of an Indian Engineer Male is pretty low I don't want to take chance this year and hence I requested the admission committee for a waiver for next year round 1. However, I have been informed by the committee that the waiver is valid for this year only and if I need it next year I would need to write to them the next year and they will see if they can do then.

Anyone has ever faced such a situation and if yes, did you get the waiver the next year?

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Manager
Manager
G

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 12:09
Hi,

Thanks for the insights and the kind encouraging words.

I am also looking for scholarship and I don't think I'd be able to manage much or any if I apply especially in R4. Additionally, if I get rejected in R4, then making a case to apply in R1 within a couple of months with almost no significant addition to the profile would be difficult in my opinion.

Kindly enlighten.

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 12:33
gmat2k17 wrote:
Hi,
OK- so if you are looking for scholarships then you are correct- doubtful to get any $$ in R4. So if that is your best strategy then I would proceed with your idea of R1.
Thanks for the insights and the kind encouraging words.

I am also looking for scholarship and I don't think I'd be able to manage much or any if I apply especially in R4. Additionally, if I get rejected in R4, then making a case to apply in R1 within a couple of months with almost no significant addition to the profile would be difficult in my opinion.

Kindly enlighten.

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Re: Kenan-Flagler Application Waiver   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2017, 12:33