GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 04:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Last Minute Help Please!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Last Minute Help Please!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 03:52
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
My pleasure! Reach out with any further questions.
Hello Mr.Scott I have been following this strategy for the Quant section by practicing based on topics so this what I do
1.Cover a topic from MMGMAT book and I practice that particular topic from Gmatclub (start with 500 level ) I don’t filter official why? Because I think won’t get access to maybe there could be efficient solutions offered by you and other experts on some questions which may be unofficial so I try to solve all questions. Most questions averagely PS 200 questions in number in the categories after I move to DS of the same topic and practice at least 80 questions did this for the past three months even focusing on Quant only
Every mistake or question I solved wrongly is written down and I review regularly
Very frustrated because with all this effort am stuck at Quant 26-28
Haven completed topics such as (Arithmetic,Fractions/%/Decimals/Algebra ,Absolute value,inequalities and Distance rates ) so far all level 500, was thinking to complete all topics at level 500 before moving to 600 level but at least should have be in Quant 30+
Expert please what am I doing wrong coz time is precious can’t put in time without seeing results
Sept Gmatclub test Quant 26
Oct Quant 28
Nov Quant 26. Help
My target Quant score is 45

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Re: Last Minute Help Please!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2018, 09:35
Hi Staphyk,

Thank you for reaching back out. I do see one potential flaw in your strategy. Right now your study routine is centered on doing practice problems. While engaging in practice is a necessary part of improving your GMAT skills, such practice is only beneficial after you have studied the topics on which those questions are based. So, it’s clear that you don’t have the conceptual knowledge you need to get much out of your practice, right?

Moving forward, consider adjusting your study plan such that it allows for linear learning. Specifically, consider using a resource that allows you FIRST to learn the concepts and strategies related to GMAT quant and verbal and SECOND to practice with a large number of realistic questions. You may consider using a quant self-study course, which will allow you to learn in this manner. If you are unsure of which course to use, take a look at the reviews of the best quant courses here on GMAT club.

Feel free to reach out with further questions!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Last Minute Help Please!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 05:45
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Staphyk,

Thank you for reaching back out. I do see one potential flaw in your strategy. Right now your study routine is centered on doing practice problems. While engaging in practice is a necessary part of improving your GMAT skills, such practice is only beneficial after you have studied the topics on which those questions are based. So, it’s clear that you don’t have the conceptual knowledge you need to get much out of your practice, right?

Moving forward, consider adjusting your study plan such that it allows for linear learning. Specifically, consider using a resource that allows you FIRST to learn the concepts and strategies related to GMAT quant and verbal and SECOND to practice with a large number of realistic questions. You may consider using a quant self-study course, which will allow you to learn in this manner. If you are unsure of which course to use, take a look at the reviews of the best quant courses here on GMAT club.

Feel free to reach out with further questions!
Very True Sir,But I think have covered the concepts enough coz I have gone through the MGMAT twice some topics I have even done them thrice and also read veritas and a topic which I still can’t get the concept I go to the internet to learn about it after going through the books ,before I started practicing ,Don’t you think might be my application of this topics and I will check the course up
and please one last thing
When solving any word problem which is best ?
1. Read entire problem,know what the question ask before going back to the problem to take note of each sentence to make equations.
2.Start taking note of each sentence right away before you get to what is asked
3 Read the question first(what is asked) before starting with the problem.
Please which of the above is efficient for solving any word problem of if all is not kindly suggest one ,Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Re: Last Minute Help Please!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 18:16
Hi Staphyk,

So, each of the three described methods could work well. Why don’t you practice each one and see which works best for you?

Feel free to keep me updated on your progress.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Last Minute Help Please! &nbs [#permalink] 03 Dec 2018, 18:16

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 44 posts ] 

Last Minute Help Please!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap