GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 11:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

LBS FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
LBS FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 10:13

Post your questions for LBS Students/alumni/staff here.

This topic is part of the GMATClub School Ambassador Project. For a similar topic on other schools, check GMATClub School Ambassador Project

Dear LBS Aspirants,

We are starting this topic where applicants can ask their questions. We have contacted a few current students and they agreed to address the queries of applicants. They will also share their learning experiences, new happenings at LBS in this discussion.

No Profile Evaluations Pls; They will be deleted instantly. Stick to application components and school-related questions. We have a dedicated thread for LBS profile evaluations; Pls use it to get feedback on your profile.

LBS students willing to help! :thumbup: :thumbup:

B
Re: LBS FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 10:42
Hi, would you be able to provide some more insight into the social life at LBS? How often do you travel unofficially with classmates? Where abouts do you go to?

For alums, have you stayed in touch with classmates?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 12:42
football123 wrote:
Hi, would you be able to provide some more insight into the social life at LBS? How often do you travel unofficially with classmates? Where abouts do you go to?

For alums, have you stayed in touch with classmates?

Hi !! Congratulations on your admit to LBS. The social life at LBS is absolutely crazy. You start off by welcome weekend where there are so many social events including pub crawls and a boat cruise. Then there are so many clubs to choose from. Almost every weekend there will be some activity / social event being organized by some club. You cant do them all. Latam club throws the most epic club parties. The Rugby club is probably the most active with mini tournaments and networking sessions. You will be allotted a stream when you join LBS. You will have to nominate a social rep who will plan social events for the stream. As far as traveling is concerned, you can't go wrong with Europe as it is so close to London and cheap to travel as well. Unofficially you can do as many as you want. I have so far done two ...one to Budapest with my stream and one to a ski resort in France just last month. Some students have done close to four/six just within the first three months. Off the top of my head, there have easily been more than ten unofficial treks to closeby European cities such as Malta, Budapest, Turkey, Majorca, Amsterdam, Scotland, and some Scandinavian countries. If you want to travel to a city, you will find a group that will travel with you. Currently, there are French, Greece, Lebanon, China, Japan, Philipines treks being planned for the Spring/summer breaks and these are just that I know of and almost all them are being organized by the respective clubs. Plus, there is the mandatory GBE which will allow you to travel to Israel, Peru, Africa etc.
As far as the alums are concerned, LBS has recently launched an LBS Hub platform which will connect all the LBS alums on one platform and help current students network with alumni and also allow alumni to get in touch with their batchmates.
Hope that answers your question. Hope to see you on campus.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 12:59
Thanks Rahul, that’s really helpful. Glad to hear that it’s fun and social!

I don’t want to hog the forum here but I was also wondering how much help the CDO provides with summer internship recruiting with ‘less typical’ recruiters (for e.g. i think I’ve seen the likes of hellofresh, Hudl, Man Utd, Uber, Unilever etc. on the employment report)? I’m basically referring to anything other than consulting and IB.

Do people have to source these sorts of roles themselves?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2019, 05:21
Hi,

What about exchange programme in years 2? Is it easy to participate or there are special requirements needed (e.g., exchange at Columbia, NYC)?
What are pros and cons?
Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 13:23
Also, do you get Alumni status with the exchange schools after?
esse27 wrote:
Hi,

What about exchange programme in years 2? Is it easy to participate or there are special requirements needed (e.g., exchange at Columbia, NYC)?
What are pros and cons?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 16:57
football123 wrote:
Thanks Rahul, that’s really helpful. Glad to hear that it’s fun and social!

I don’t want to hog the forum here but I was also wondering how much help the CDO provides with summer internship recruiting with ‘less typical’ recruiters (for e.g. i think I’ve seen the likes of hellofresh, Hudl, Man Utd, Uber, Unilever etc. on the employment report)? I’m basically referring to anything other than consulting and IB.

Do people have to source these sorts of roles themselves?

Hi ! My apologies for the late reply. We are all quite busy with the recruiting season. Consulting and IB companies come to campus and form part of Structured recruiting. However, there are many tech companies which also come to Campus. These include Amazon, Facebook, Google, Expedia, Amex, Visa etc. Some tech companies do not come to Campus but do post on the college's career center. And if you have something specific in mind, you can always approach career center and they will help you out. You definitely find a college alumni who you can reach out in such cases. In short, there are various ways of doing what you want. these include both structured and non-structured.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 17:05
esse27 wrote:
Hi,

What are pros and cons?

I will definitely be participating in the student exchange program in Year 2. You can always do a student exchange to any university you want to. There are no special regulations. You just have to apply from a broad range of school and get admitted for their program. The pros are similar to any student exchange, you get to experience a new culture, a new academic environment and expand your network. The only con is that you might be away from London, where you want to recruit. But then students figure schedule their exchange programs in a way that it does not conflict with recruiting. So that shouldn't be a problem. No one faces scheduling problems. LBS program is quite flexible that way.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 17:07
MV23 wrote:
Also, do you get Alumni status with the exchange schools after?
esse27 wrote:
Hi,

What are pros and cons?

I am not really sure about this as I haven't gone on an exchange yet, so I won't comment. But from what I think that it depends upon the school you are going to and the amount of access they are willing to provide you. I think this is not LBS specific. This applies to any b-school. Mostly, you won't get an alumni status.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.55
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 08:18
Hi,

Just wanted to check- what are the implications of applying in R4 for the MiF program?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 09:28
drithisunil wrote:
Hi,

Just wanted to check- what are the implications of applying in R4 for the MiF program?

I am sorry but I don't have many insights into the MiF programme. I can get you in touch with a few MiF students if you like. I am guessing the problem with applying to any R4 is the limited availability seats.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: LBS FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2019, 09:28

LBS FAQ/AMA - Get replies from students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status