GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 10:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Letters of Recommendation

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Letters of Recommendation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 04:24
What is the general procedure for submitting a LoR by our recommender? Do they upload the PDF copy of our hard LoR? Or is there a field where they can type in their comments? I am asking this because I made a hard copy of my LoR in 2017 with the university letterheads, and I don't if that'll work this time around if a PDF copy of the scanned hardcopy is uploaded. Or are the university letterheads not required? There is also no additional information about this on the university website. I wonder why that is the case. Any replies would be highly appreciated!!
LBS, Yale, & Tuck Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
Re: Letters of Recommendation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 04:37
Generally within the online application you fill in a section for recommenders that includes things like email, title, name etc.

They are then sent a link where they have to login in / create an account and will fill out the form online.
I think most schools still accept hard copies of LOR but I'd imagine most LOR are done through the online system

MY MBA Journey
https://fromaus2mba.wordpress.com

Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 12:17
rishi141 wrote:
What is the general procedure for submitting a LoR by our recommender? Do they upload the PDF copy of our hard LoR? Or is there a field where they can type in their comments? I am asking this because I made a hard copy of my LoR in 2017 with the university letterheads, and I don't if that'll work this time around if a PDF copy of the scanned hardcopy is uploaded. Or are the university letterheads not required? There is also no additional information about this on the university website. I wonder why that is the case. Any replies would be highly appreciated!!

Hello rishi141

That will depends solely on particular university application policy.

I don't know how large or not, is your school application pool, but you may encounter different options.

Anyway, there is usually within your started web application option to select your desired recommendation letter providers, by putting their names and email addresses.

If that is the case, you will have then option to send them reminder email, and they will receive email from your intended university to upload their recommendation via link.

Other option for them may be to get instructions to send recommendation letter via email.

In both cases, especially in second, you can use scanned pdf copy of your existing hard copy.

If not, you will just need to retype it, so they can copy paste it.

There is almost always reserve option, to send them directly to program coordinator or to specific email, if you encounter some issues with application system on website, for instance your professors didn't receive necessary emails with instructions although system did send them etc. so you can try that as well, just ask them.

Finally, there might be "old school" option also available, to send hard copies directly via mail.

I suppose that will work for you :)

Just make sure they still practice that as well.

Good Luck ! :cool:

Your kudos are much appreciated

Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 19:49
It depends on the school but typically it's all submitted electronically. As the applicant, you typically will enter your recommender's contact information & then the school will send them the instructions on any questions to address in the LOR & how to submit. If you are unsure though definitely reach out to the school directly to ask! Better safe than sorry!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 07:46
rishi141 wrote:

Hi rishi141,
You need to register your recommenders on your online application, and then the school will send them a link to the online recommender system.
in the online recommender system they will be asked to answer some questions about you, and rate you on different skills and traits. They will either have text boxes to type their answers, or they will be asked to upload a letter that addresses the questions. Some schools require that the letter will have the company letterhead, but the university letterheads is not required.
For Example, I can tell you that for HBS and Kellogg, the recommenders have to upload a Word or PDF document in response to the LOR questions, while for Wharton, MIT, and NYU, the recommenders have to type their answers in text boxes.
For additional info on the MBA recommendation process, please visit https://aringo.com/mba-recommendation-letter-process/

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 08:51
rishi141 wrote:

Hi. So here are the few basic things. There are few schools that accept pdf/word LOR and for few your recommend-er needs to type in (more of a survey about you ). i'd suggest you to check in the school website and mail to them they will surely reply with the right details.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Letters of Recommendation &nbs [#permalink] 04 Nov 2018, 08:51

Letters of Recommendation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap