Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: London Business School 2011 Waitlist [#permalink]
got no email at all. What's going on?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Tuck '18 (WA)
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Hi
I am jai from India.just completed engineering in biotech with cgpa of abt 8.34
I do not hav any work exp.At the moment, i am preparing for GMAT,will giv it in sept.Aiming for LBS MiM 2012 programme
I want to know how much of a chance i stand if i get a GMAT score of about 700.My extra cirriculars are average.was an active elocutionist and quizzer in school.I also help my father with his pharmaceuticals business but not on a full time basis.
Also what would my job prospects be?Is this degree recognised everywhere in the world? Considering the downturn in the UK would i be eligible for jobs elsewhere like singapore,australia etc?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
freezzing wrote:

It might be good news ... I would definitely call the waitlist administrator right away.

Good luck...

It's really frustrating and even more now that the email we receive suggest there is no more official review.

It's so difficult man... when you in that list you feel they have no consideration for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:LBS (waitlisted), Cass (admitted)
Send PM
mitsloanguy wrote:
freezzing wrote:

It might be good news ... I would definitely call the waitlist administrator right away.

Good luck...

It's really frustrating and even more now that the email we receive suggest there is no more official review.

It's so difficult man... when you in that list you feel they have no consideration for you.

Yes, very frustrating.. I lost the hopes since July 7 actually... yesterday I did not check the mailbox at all and I read the e-mail with detachment... I think now the class if full and they will decide just in case somebody will turn out the offer.

In my case, I will not go for next year class as I don't want to wait for an additional year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
StPats0203 wrote:

Yes, very frustrating.. I lost the hopes since July 7 actually... yesterday I did not check the mailbox at all and I read the e-mail with detachment... I think now the class if full and they will decide just in case somebody will turn out the offer.

In my case, I will not go for next year class as I don't want to wait for an additional year.

You might say you lost hope but deep inside you were still hoping which is why it is so tough...
It's the same with me.... I lost hope but I was still thinking what if ...?
Tough experience for sure ....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:LBS (waitlisted), Cass (admitted)
Send PM
mitsloanguy wrote:
StPats0203 wrote:

You might say you lost hope but deep inside you were still hoping which is why it is so tough...
It's the same with me.... I lost hope but I was still thinking what if ...?
Tough experience for sure ....

You are right... a small hope very deep inside!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Tuck '18 (WA)
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
please help guys
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jigjagjai wrote:
please help guys

Dude!!! first find the right thread to post. Your post has nothing to do with this thread. How would people applying for the MBA and having been waitlisted would be able to give you valuable insight about another program they probably haven't even consider applying to ?

Originally posted by mitsloanguy on 22 Jul 2011, 01:43.
Last edited by mitsloanguy on 22 Jul 2011, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Count me in as well. Still on the waitlist... Guys, do you think we should expect Dings during the next month or if we made this far then we will be offered a place next year? I'm definitely going for that option, don't mind waiting a year to go to LBS :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
zam wrote:
Count me in as well. Still on the waitlist... Guys, do you think we should expect Dings during the next month or if we made this far then we will be offered a place next year? I'm definitely going for that option, don't mind waiting a year to go to LBS :)

I don't think it's like a sure thing to admit you for the next year's intake... It says it's no garantee right ? But any insider's knowledge would be cool to have ...

Man the forum is dead... Any of you folks still hope ? This situation really sucks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
I wouldn't give up hope... I think there is still a chance of getting in... orientation is on the 22nd of August and until then there is still a chance that a few people will drop out due to acceptances off of other wait lists etc. A few people in the Facebook group said they will be going to INSEAD instead of LBS... maybe they haven't withdrawn their spots at LBS yet... who knows.

If you're still on the wait list it is because they still like your profile, otherwise you would have been dinged already! I would just keep in touch with the adcom and send an update expressing your absolute commitment to the programme and how quickly you would change your plans to attend... At this point they will prob only accept people they are confident will really attend - so you need to show that!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
chambax wrote:
I wouldn't give up hope... I think there is still a chance of getting in... orientation is on the 22nd of August and until then there is still a chance that a few people will drop out due to acceptances off of other wait lists etc. A few people in the Facebook group said they will be going to INSEAD instead of LBS... maybe they haven't withdrawn their spots at LBS yet... who knows.

If you're still on the wait list it is because they still like your profile, otherwise you would have been dinged already! I would just keep in touch with the adcom and send an update expressing your absolute commitment to the programme and how quickly you would change your plans to attend... At this point they will prob only accept people they are confident will really attend - so you need to show that!

Thanks for the encouragement man !!! I have already expressed my high motivation and told the adcom I would come whenever they let me in. So concerning my motivation I don't think they can have any doubt on it :)

I will definitely wait and see how it goes.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
A quick question here:

The 4 rounds have passed and the offer sent; How long do candidates have to send their first paiement or confirm their spot in the class ? I guess since the 4th round decision was more than a month ago, the deadline to accept the offer has also passed ?
Why in this case they keep us waitlisted ?
How many people in general give the first paiement and end up not coming ?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Hi all, I was in your position a few years ago. Dont give up - good things do come to those who wait !! GOOD LUCK.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Were you also at this late stage of the process ?

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
I was waitlisted for an entire year after R1 interview for the class of 2010 and was subsequently dinged and accepted for class of 2011 as an early admit. My story is available on older LBS threads if you search for them. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
I was waitlisted for an entire year after R1 interview for the class of 2010 and was subsequently dinged and accepted for class of 2011 as an early admit. My story is available on older LBS threads if you search for them. Good luck.

Dude I am very sorry but it's quite difficult to pull your story out of the forum. I was not able to find it.
Can you give me a link ?
Quick question: when you got dinged at the end of the waitlist, it was around the date of orientation ? And then were you admitted right then on the same email or did you have to wait or even re-apply to know ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10