Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE '15 (M)
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [1]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Re: Long journey (with few fallbacks) -not over yet- GMAT 01.04. [#permalink]
MSoS wrote:
Any tips what I should do in the next 8 weeks until my test day?

and also take as many test as u can take in real time conditions...Stamina and Endurance are vital
and the best tests are
GMAT prep 1 and 2 ...u can take each atleast three times without many repeats
MGMAT 1 to 6...second best to gmat prep
Gmatclub tests...one diagnostic, 24 quant and 6 verbal
a number of other free tests are also there incl kaplan etc but they are not as good as above three types..
ur confidence will surely hit sky high on the test day...
hope this :idea: helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a lot...highly appreciated...Will do the MGMAT test in about 1 week, as soon as i will have vacation. Then i should know what i can achieve
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 637 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GPA: 2.5
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Hi MSoS, I went through your situation in near past. But I made a mistake of deliberately opting for project than an already implemented project. in 5 months, I rectified, going back to operations now. Have lost a couple of months in the stress between project and studies. But next month on I will be set. I target May this year. I have completed MGMAT quant guides - now time for verbal. By next month I will hit CAT's. But one thing bothering me, just completing the MGMAT guides will not help me in itself. The strategies specific for this test, more for Quant PS, if anyone can recommend any guides or assistance for that, will be great. As knowing only the basics might not be of that help. Next month with verbal, I want to hit the strategies quickly. I know its an uphill task hereon, but cant help with the June changeover, I have to finish it by May. Your prep sounds quite complete currently, but as Rajeev says, the test environment is what we all need to get accustomed to. The endurance might be a key. Error log, the excels, I am still confused about. Sought help already. I want to use the logs too. I understand it is a very powerful tool. Another query, Jeff Sach' Total Math - is that only practice questions, or does it deal with some strategies as well? If yes, do you intend on using it. Came across some good reviews - but did not find complete content based reviews.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi sdas, well, i face the same question at the moment. I have studied all the prep materials mentioned above and hit the first MGMAT test (scored 680), but do not know what to do next. I mean, of course i do review each and every questions and mostly understand the strategy behind it. However i am a little bit lost how to improve quant even more (Q48 in mock test) as i have already studies MGMAT book twice. From my point of view it is important to internalize all the formulas to hit questions faster without silly mistakes. I have spotted 3-4 (out of 12 quant mistakes) mistakes, which were just silly. Besides that it is always a benefit to can use all the formulas and basics up side down so that a long phase of thinking is not necessary.
For verbal i have improved CR basically because of Critical CR Bible. If i am able to improve RC through practice, practice, and practice i am more than happy.

To make it short and answer your question: I haven read "Jeff Sach Total Math" and do not know the content. I always recommend to take gmatclub tests if you already in a good shape for quant.
Affiliations: IIT Alumni Association, ISB Alumni Association
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
MSoS

I had faced the same problem with preps during my second attempt.

For quants, I had gone through the GMATClub Online Maths book - it was concise, precise and had all the formulas I required - I found it very helpful. Also, I found Bunuel's Top 50 DS and PS problems documents very very helpful. They have all the solutions as well. There's a long list of documents in Bunuel's signature - am sure there is a wealth of material there. You have the GMATClub tests as well, which contain a lot of 700+ level questions.

On verbal, I found the documents in whiplash's signature immensely helpful - the Brutal SC, CR sets and the SC guide. Also, I found the SC guides by spidey and Gayathri very helpful.

The GMATClub threads for CR, RC, SC and PS, DS (as you are already aware) are a great place to learn.

e-GMAT, mainly targeted at non-natives, seems to be a good value-add, from reports of many users here - you could have a look at their free stuff and see if they help, and then take a call on whether you would want to take their paid module.

All the best!

Santanu
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts