GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 22 Feb 2020, 01:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MBA from AGSM or Monash or ANU or UQ ?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

AGSM   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
MBA from AGSM or Monash or ANU or UQ ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2015, 23:39
Hi everyone,

I am a 30 year old male having 7 years of experience in Aviation industry working on IT infrastructure and Airport Modernization. I wanted to do an full time MBA after my Btech and get placed in a senior management job profile, work for few (approx 10-15) years abroad (open to any country) and then get back to India at a very senior position and stay with my family afterwards. Currently I am working in a middle mgt job. I have cleared the following universities in Australia.

1. AGSM, Univ of New South Wales
2. Australia National University
3. Monash University
4. University of Queensland
5. Mcquaire university
6. Univ of tech Sydney
7. UWA
8. La Trobe Univ

After talking to many people around me and looking at the rankings I feel that the top four universities (1-4) are good and one can expect a good paying job (>80$ pa) after completing MBA from these universities.

I have always seen this forum as the apt place to get solutions to all your queries and I am really looking forward to some great minds here to help me choose the apt university for me so that I can decide and go ahead with one of these.

I would also like someone to enlighten me about the usefulness of doing a 2 year MBA instead of a < 2 year one, for getting jobs in India and abroad. Also if there is a strong benefit in doing a 2 year MBA to get the 2 year work visa or its just a marketing gimmick.

Thanks
Anshul
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: MBA from AGSM or Monash or ANU or UQ ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 07:56
Hi Anshul,

I also got Conditional Offer from ANU. Can you please share your research with me. Also please let me know which schools have you decided to join?

Thanks
Pranay

anshulmadan wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am a 30 year old male having 7 years of experience in Aviation industry working on IT infrastructure and Airport Modernization. I wanted to do an full time MBA after my Btech and get placed in a senior management job profile, work for few (approx 10-15) years abroad (open to any country) and then get back to India at a very senior position and stay with my family afterwards. Currently I am working in a middle mgt job. I have cleared the following universities in Australia.

1. AGSM, Univ of New South Wales
2. Australia National University
3. Monash University
4. University of Queensland
5. Mcquaire university
6. Univ of tech Sydney
7. UWA
8. La Trobe Univ

After talking to many people around me and looking at the rankings I feel that the top four universities (1-4) are good and one can expect a good paying job (>80$ pa) after completing MBA from these universities.

I have always seen this forum as the apt place to get solutions to all your queries and I am really looking forward to some great minds here to help me choose the apt university for me so that I can decide and go ahead with one of these.

I would also like someone to enlighten me about the usefulness of doing a 2 year MBA instead of a < 2 year one, for getting jobs in India and abroad. Also if there is a strong benefit in doing a 2 year MBA to get the 2 year work visa or its just a marketing gimmick.

Thanks
Anshul
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 09:44
Congratulations on getting into quite a number of programs!

You may be more aware of how the Visas work in Australia - that would be my biggest question for you to research. It seems there are some issues with work permits based on the AGSM thread I have visited with many international applicants mentioning not being able to get a job due not having a work permit. It seems the work permit is a critical component and I would explore/research that aspect thoroughly.

Another question is why are you focusing on Australia? Is that work permit related?

P.S. I would pick the top school from the list that has the best placement stats into the field you are looking to enter and where the companies you want to work for are hiring. You can ask adcom about it or you can search linked in and see which companies hire alums (though your field seems to be pretty narrow).

Good Luck!

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2016, 05:07
Hey I am also looking into ANU,monash,uni Queensland, uni Sydney and uwa. For an mba..which of these has the best job prospects??any insight??

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.5
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2016, 15:59
deepthiraghav wrote:
Hey I am also looking into ANU,monash,uni Queensland, uni Sydney and uwa. For an mba..which of these has the best job prospects??any insight??

Posted from my mobile device

As an Australian, I can tell you ANU, UNSW/AGSM and Melb Uni are probably the best schools to go to in the country - MBA included.

Uni QLD, Usyds MBA (very very young and new) would be the second group. Dont get my wrong, USYD is a very very good school - just their MBA program is...well not that great. Theyre more famous for their Med/Law programs and have a decent Bus undergrad program.

UWA and Monash - reputationwise i would put them in the third bucket.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA from AGSM or Monash or ANU or UQ ?   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2016, 15:59

MBA from AGSM or Monash or ANU or UQ ?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste