GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 05:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MBA Imperial/RSM/Cranfield/ESMT ??

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 0% [0]
  • 50% [1]
  • 0% [0]
  • 50% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
MBA Imperial/RSM/Cranfield/ESMT ??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2019, 20:10
Im an Electrical Engineer with 7 yrs exp in the Electric Utility/Renewable Energy sector. I have EU passport (Italian cit.). Im looking to continue working in the energy industry and change country. (Target companies EDF/Shell/BP/E.ON). I want to stay in UK after my MBA or in Germany/Netherlands (Brexit). I dont speak German/Dutch.

Based on my profile and goals, which b-school to choose? I've highlited the main points for four schools Ive applied/been admitted:

1) Cranfield (MBA Energy) - 44.000 (50% scholarship)
Pros: Cheapest/Specific Energy Business modules/Decent Ranking/Strong network in UK and links with industy/Positive alumni reviews and satisfaction
Cons: Location middle of nowhere/Brexit issue/Cranfield great slip in ranking in the last years 30-40th to 70th/Small class size.

2) ESMT Berlin - 43.500 (20% scholarship)
Pros: Berlin!! (the best location, inexpensive and so cool)/German strong economy and prosperity/Jobs conditions in German and excelent quality of life
Cons: Language barrier-only 20% offers available for positions in English/graduated students dissatisfaction with Career Service and poor Network however all end up working in Germany/Mannheim-Whu better reputation in Germany/Young b-school and the Program is new in 2020

3) Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University - 52.000
Pros: Great Curriculum (sustainability focus) and b-school reputation & network/better ranking/Job postions in English/Excelent quality of life in the Netherlands
Cons: Expensive/drop in rank from 30-40th to 55th/Uncertainty about b-school reputation outside The Netherlands (mainland Euope)

4) Imperial College - 59.000
Pros: London (best student city and opportunities)/Reputation as one of the best university and prestigious network/Top 40 ranking positions/Exciting program curriculum w/real world experience, connection with others faculties and innovation focus
Cons: The most expensive but I dont know if it carries such a high brand value over Cranfield in UK market in terms of job offers/Brexit issue

Thank you,
Manager
Manager
B
MBA Imperial/RSM/Cranfield/ESMT ??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2019, 20:48
I see that there is a big focus on rankings in your perception about these programs. Stay away from rankings - look at the alum and jobs reports.
FT rankings have a ton of Asian schools that have suddenly risen in the ranking, and that would explain the drop in European school rankings-but look at the jobs that participants get after graduating. Jobs sum up all the recruiters perceptions, schools teaching, network and everything else.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
CAT Tests
Re: MBA Imperial/RSM/Cranfield/ESMT ??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2019, 08:26
JohnBerto wrote:
Im an Electrical Engineer with 7 yrs exp in the Electric Utility/Renewable Energy sector. I have EU passport (Italian cit.). Im looking to continue working in the energy industry and change country. (Target companies EDF/Shell/BP/E.ON). I want to stay in UK after my MBA or in Germany/Netherlands (Brexit). I dont speak German/Dutch.

Based on my profile and goals, which b-school to choose? I've highlited the main points for four schools Ive applied/been admitted:

Pros: Cheapest/Specific Energy Business modules/Decent Ranking/Strong network in UK and links with industy/Positive alumni reviews and satisfaction
Cons: Location middle of nowhere/Brexit issue/Cranfield great slip in ranking in the last years 30-40th to 70th/Small class size.

Pros: Berlin!! (the best location, inexpensive and so cool)/German strong economy and prosperity/Jobs conditions in German and excelent quality of life
Cons: Language barrier-only 20% offers available for positions in English/graduated students dissatisfaction with Career Service and poor Network however all end up working in Germany/Mannheim-Whu better reputation in Germany/Young b-school and the Program is new in 2020

Pros: Great Curriculum (sustainability focus) and b-school reputation & network/better ranking/Job postions in English/Excelent quality of life in the Netherlands
Cons: Expensive/drop in rank from 30-40th to 55th/Uncertainty about b-school reputation outside The Netherlands (mainland Euope)

Pros: London (best student city and opportunities)/Reputation as one of the best university and prestigious network/Top 40 ranking positions/Exciting program curriculum w/real world experience, connection with others faculties and innovation focus
Cons: The most expensive but I dont know if it carries such a high brand value over Cranfield in UK market in terms of job offers/Brexit issue

Thank you,

Hi Congratulation on your admits. I suggest you don't go with rankings, consider the post-MBA employability and scholarships. Imperial and Cranfield would be better choices.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2019, 08:32
JohnBerto wrote:

Thank you,

Congrats on your admits. Based on your Post-MBA goals i suggest you go with Cranfield. At the same time check with alumni group also.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2019, 10:46
Would you suggest UK schools to the OP even though they may have to return back to mainland Europe to find work with the Brexit and UK immigration issues?

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2019, 03:39
JohnBerto wrote:

Thank you,

Congrats for all those acceptance

I would be cautious on how you focus on ranking. It is all about many factors. I would avoid any school in the UK because of Brexit turmoil. It is huge risk even for people inside UK so what do you think about new comer?

I heard many concerns about ESTM. You can read here and others on the internet.
https://gmatclub.com/reviews/business_school/esmt-146

I believe RSM is good choice but just check with current students and career service about the jobs you target.

Good lcuk
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA Imperial/RSM/Cranfield/ESMT ??   [#permalink] 28 May 2019, 03:39

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste