Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ESADE '22 (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: MBA with internship program information [#permalink]
bisheshnaik wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Happy new year.
If anyone wants to know anything about the MBA with internship program I will be happy to help. (Only Europe)
Once again ...I am not an agent...just want to help some fellow MBA students...

Thanks
Bishesh

Hi Bishesh! Thanks for offering help! Here are my questions:

1) Do internship(s) help a lot in landing full-time job offers?
2) What do you think of London Business School's flexible program? Do you think the 15/18/21-month exit point has more advantages over a 12-month MBA in terms of securing a full-time position later on?

Most schools in Europe are offering 1-year MBA programs, but LBS and HEC offer programs with more than 15 months.

Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bucoloco wrote:
bisheshnaik wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Happy new year.
If anyone wants to know anything about the MBA with internship program I will be happy to help. (Only Europe)
Once again ...I am not an agent...just want to help some fellow MBA students...

Thanks
Bishesh

Hi Bishesh! Thanks for offering help! Here are my questions:

2) What do you think of London Business School's flexible program? Do you think the 15/18/21-month exit point has more advantages over a 12-month MBA in terms of securing a full-time position later on?

Most schools in Europe are offering 1-year MBA programs, but LBS and HEC offer programs with more than 15 months.

Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
really gutted....wrote so much and it didn't get saved....I really wonder why the reply format in this forum hasn't changed a bit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bucoloco -

Here are the answer to your questions. Feel free to ask any further info.

Absolutely! They are the stepping stone to your career in Europe. To be very honest, even I know people who already had ample work experience in Europe but still opted to do an internship because it gives you an opportunity to change your domain or area of work. Secondly it also gives you a chance to see whether you enjoy the kind of work you will be offered in future or not. Also you get to test the waters. For non Europeans, its a no brainer..you have to do it. MBA students hardly get jobs without an internship. You may but lets presume around 95% of MBA students in Europe do some sort of internship or (work student) or at least their thesis with a company. Even I did the same and so did all my friends.

Here you have to understand 2 things. London is in UK and UK has a bit of a different market dynamics then other European countries. Also you should know about the via policies.
"International students are currently only permitted to remain in the UK for up to four months after completing their studies under rules that were introduced by Theresa May when she was the Home Secretary."
But as per a law that has passed or is about to ....now you can stay and look for jobs in the UK for 2 years post studies which is a great news for international students.

Yes and even a 15 months wont hamper your chance in any way but if you are getting something for a lesser time, its still fine. Its the same in short. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
footballfan1919
Well to elaborate on your question. Yes

how much trouble do non EU nationals have with securing an internship in the EU?
Its not that difficult if you study in a good school and built up some network. Getting a full-time job is a hell lot more difficult.

Are they at a large disadvantage?
To some extent because of the language and because of these restrictions some kind of jobs would be very difficult to get. Like doing an internship at Lufthansa for example requires German for sure. Its kind of mandatory even for an internship in some companies. Sales/Marketing/PR/CF etc generally requires local language.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bisheshnaik wrote:
bucoloco -

Here are the answer to your questions. Feel free to ask any further info.

Absolutely! They are the stepping stone to your career in Europe. To be very honest, even I know people who already had ample work experience in Europe but still opted to do an internship because it gives you an opportunity to change your domain or area of work. Secondly it also gives you a chance to see whether you enjoy the kind of work you will be offered in future or not. Also you get to test the waters. For non Europeans, its a no brainer..you have to do it. MBA students hardly get jobs without an internship. You may but lets presume around 95% of MBA students in Europe do some sort of internship or (work student) or at least their thesis with a company. Even I did the same and so did all my friends.

Here you have to understand 2 things. London is in UK and UK has a bit of a different market dynamics then other European countries. Also you should know about the via policies.
"International students are currently only permitted to remain in the UK for up to four months after completing their studies under rules that were introduced by Theresa May when she was the Home Secretary."
But as per a law that has passed or is about to ....now you can stay and look for jobs in the UK for 2 years post studies which is a great news for international students.

Yes and even a 15 months wont hamper your chance in any way but if you are getting something for a lesser time, its still fine. Its the same in short. :)

Thank you very much, Bishesh! I also read about the 2-year visa that will be implemented by the UK for international students. I'm actually wondering if Brexit will "level the playing field" between EU citizens and non-EU citizens for employment in the UK because EU citizens will also need to secure a working visa.

By the way, what do you mean by "UK has a bit of a different market dynamics then other European countries"?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bucoloco I mean the diversity factor and language factor is quite different in UK as compared to that in any European country. For ex- The language in UK will obviously be English but is not the same case in France even in a global big organisation. Also you will get a lot of diversity in UK but same cannot be true for France. Although it has increased over the years, still language is a major hindrance to get jobs in European countries.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bisheshnaik wrote:
bucoloco I mean the diversity factor and language factor is quite different in UK as compared to that in any European country. For ex- The language in UK will obviously be English but is not the same case in France even in a global big organisation. Also you will get a lot of diversity in UK but same cannot be true for France. Although it has increased over the years, still language is a major hindrance to get jobs in European countries.

I see. Thank you for all your insights! I'm now leaning more towards the UK! Thank you very much, Bishesh!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1441 [0]
Given Kudos: 994
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
How many months of internship we get? During this time do we get time to explore other stuff? Is it similar to regular job? During internships do we involve in bschool assignments? Are these paid internships?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived WHU MBA Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our WHU MBA Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated WHU MBA Forum for all fresh things related to the WHU MBA MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts