GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 00:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MBA with less work experience

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
MBA with less work experience   [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2018, 20:43
Hi, I will be having an work experience of 2yrs by the time I start applying to the universities. I am aiming for GMAT score above 720. My main target is to get into top 30 universities and mostly in Europe.
I did my undergraduation from reputed college (IIT) in electrical engineering. I am currently working as Assistant Manager in a world reputed metal industry (Vedanta Resources).
Is my aim too ambitious as i am having very less experience and aiming at very top universities.
I also request you all to suggest me how to improve my GMAT score.
Thanks

Sent from my A1601 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: MBA with less work experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2018, 20:47
Your work experience will be on the shallow side of the pool.
2 is the absolute minimum number of work experience years. European programs, esp Masters Programs often have less stringent requirements. However, the better work experience you have pre-MBA, the better chances/opportunities you have for getting a job and appealing to employers. I would recommend waiting until you have 3 years before applying and before you have perhaps a promotion and a proven track record/projects completed/etc.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 00:10
yogithkrishna wrote:
Hi, I will be having an work experience of 2yrs by the time I start applying to the universities. I am aiming for GMAT score above 720. My main target is to get into top 30 universities and mostly in Europe.
I did my undergraduation from reputed college (IIT) in electrical engineering. I am currently working as Assistant Manager in a world reputed metal industry (Vedanta Resources).
Is my aim too ambitious as i am having very less experience and aiming at very top universities.
Thanks

Have you joined any online or offline GMAT course?

Sent from my XT1562 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Re: MBA with less work experience   [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 03:14
Not yet. I am currently preparing on my own. If needed im planning to take egmat for verbal.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 22:51
Hi bb ,
Can you Please help me out i have few questions . As i am first time planing for GMAT and want to take admission in good B school in canada or Australia .I am from Engineering background having 2 years of exp .secured in 12th - 72%, 10th - 74 % . B.Tech(ECE ) - 76% .
I have been in many curricular activities during my Graduation time .
It will worth giving GMAT this year as i will complete my 2.6 years of exp by this year end ( dec 2018)?
and what time or month should i apply for GMAT so that i can apply for colleges on time ? I will be ready with my preparation in next one month as i have started 3 months before , so should be enough time .

Please help me in this . Thanks in advance . :-)
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
MBA with less work experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 23:36
This is a whole different discussion.... you can check out a tool we have called mba timeline. It will give all the answers.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/mbatimeline

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 03:19
yogithkrishna wrote:
Thanks

There are several programs in the US (don't know any similar programs in Europe) for early career candidates, take a look at this list: https://aringo.com/deferred-enrollment/

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/

Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 05:52
yogithkrishna wrote:
Thanks

Hi yogithkrishna,

While you have a fine academic background and work experience with a very reputed name, the duration of your work experience will be quite on the borderline for the programs you are targetting. We recommend that you get at least one additional year of work experience. Not only will this help you leverage your existing credentials but also provide you a greater number of talking points for your essays. Use this time wisely in order to build your profile :)

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA with less work experience &nbs [#permalink] 14 Mar 2018, 05:52

MBA with less work experience

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap