GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 10:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

McCombs Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.39
Re: McCombs Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2017, 14:37
Maybe I can help clear everything up for some of yall. This past Friday (4/14) I attended an on campus info session. Spoke with a lot of students (even ran into one other waitlisted candidate - we had fun bonding over our shared misery) but not any that had gotten off of McCombs's waitlist.

However, I did have a chance to speak to one of the senior admissions officers. She basically informed me that they essentially fill spots on a rolling basis as they open up. Therefore, some should be admitted off the waitlist after the R2 deposit deadline (although the stats on Livewire from 2016 really only show 1 or 2 reported acceptances off the waitlist), then likely a few more after R3 decisions/deposits, and the remainder should open up by individuals who have put down a deposit but were accepted off another waitlist elsewhere. She also mentioned that we all should have a pretty good idea of where we stand by early/mid-June (she did mention that the latest they accepted anyone was late-July last year, but this guy had made it clear that if he got the call any time before orientation he'd be on the first plane to Austin).

So, the TL;DR of all this really boils down to - expect to hear back (good) news in late May/early June. UT's yield numbers are (historically) pretty poor, so don't get discouraged with your waitlisted status. While I was in Austin, I managed to drum up a few letters of support as well. I really think about this whole process like being a walk on with the football team: a lot of getting in will come down to how bad you want it and how hard you're willing to hustle to get in the door. My 2 cents.
Intern
Intern
Re: McCombs Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 10:59
Accepted off McCombs WL and paid deposit! McCombs was always my top choice to it's a no brainer to accept and matriculate to UT. Looks like others are starting to receive their notifications as well (via ClearAdmit) so good luck to everyone else on the waitlist. Don't be discouraged if you see notifications on ClearAdmit, or on this blog, before you hear back. It's a rolling process so they'll notify in waves as they identify areas of need. Admissions told me there have been times where WL candidate was accepted as late as July because a previous "Accept" left for their top choice, creating a space in the McCombs class.

The post above is very helpful for those who want more clarity on the WL admissions process. My info below, if it means anything to anyone...

WL Notification date: 4/21
Notified: via Phone first then email/portal update
GMAT: 690 (V:44, Q: 39)
WE: 49 months by enrollment date
Pre-MBA career: Financial consulting
Re: McCombs Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Students!! &nbs [#permalink] 01 May 2017, 10:59

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 22 posts ] 

McCombs Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap