Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Mendoza($) vs Kelley($) vs Questrom($) [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi sebo08

I saw your earlier post about Kelley and Rotman. I do not see any difference than what mihir0710 told you. You fix yourself around strategy consulting and no school even Mendoza nor BU will help you in that goal. Mendoza even are famous with its very small size class around 85 students with not high reputation of career service but good reputation of its alumni loyalty. If mendoza is STEM with 3 years (MBA+MSBA) and kelley is STEM for its MBA (2 year), so I believe you will get same result in less years with Kelley.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Mendoza($) vs Kelley($) vs Questrom($) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
You can see some comparison/comments about Rotman here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/fuqua-vs-rot ... l#p2480887 when compared to Fuqua however.

Otherwise, from this list or BU, Mendoz and, Kelley, Kelley would be the strongest choice.... i don't remember what I voted for before :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Mendoza($) vs Kelley($) vs Questrom($) [#permalink]
bb wrote:
You can see some comparison/comments about Rotman here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/fuqua-vs-rot ... l#p2480887 when compared to Fuqua however.

Otherwise, from this list or BU, Mendoz and, Kelley, Kelley would be the strongest choice.... i don't remember what I voted for before :lol:

bb thanks for the thread, was useful! taking the current economic situation into account with the US being a much stronger economy than Canada, I assume going to Kelley seems to be a better choice if I rethink my career path. your opinion was that going to Kelley (compared to Rotman) is suicidal because of the visa complications :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
Hi sebo08

I saw your earlier post about Kelley and Rotman. I do not see any difference than what mihir0710 told you. You fix yourself around strategy consulting and no school even Mendoza nor BU will help you in that goal. Mendoza even are famous with its very small size class around 85 students with not high reputation of career service but good reputation of its alumni loyalty. If mendoza is STEM with 3 years (MBA+MSBA) and kelley is STEM for its MBA (2 year), so I believe you will get same result in less years with Kelley.

Mo2men what career options do you suggest instead of consulting if I go to Kelley?
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Kudos
sebo08 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
Hi sebo08

Mo2men what career options do you suggest instead of consulting if I go to Kelley?

I would focus on operations/supply chain belndded with data analytics. But again this is me. Maybe you can focus on marketing too.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3127 [2]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Kudos
I agree with Mihir here in a sense that NONE of those school (Kelley/BU/ND) has the right pedigree to actually get you into strategy consulting. But I will say this - Work hard enough and I promise you, nothing is impossible.

Side note: You want a comparison ? I have one for you -

Best Business School in Canada vs Schools outside M7 in the US. Sounds like I would have gone with Rotman (unless there is a personal bias that you HAVE to be in the US)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
stonecold wrote:
I agree with Mihir here in a sense that NONE of those school (Kelley/BU/ND) has the right pedigree to actually get you into strategy consulting. But I will say this - Work hard enough and I promise you, nothing is impossible.

Side note: You want a comparison ? I have one for you -

Best Business School in Canada vs Schools outside M7 in the US. Sounds like I would have gone with Rotman (unless there is a personal bias that you HAVE to be in the US)

Thanks. I guess financially and reputation-wise combined, Kelley makes sense the most. costs 25~30k less than Rotman. Due to the fact that I have no loan options either in Canada or USA, finding that extra 30k seems impossible.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3127 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Great!
All the best!

Mihir is an amazing guy and will surely help you with any questions you have before you join Kelley.

Have fun :)

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts