It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 15:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT books

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 25

MGMAT books [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 04:18
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Quick question to those who have used these guides--

I am self studying using the MGMAT Quant Guides. The end of the basic and advanced sections refer to the OG for more practice. In your preparation, did you find it best to do these questions alongside the Quant Guides or save them for the end? I am interested in hearing what people did and what worked for them.

I still have not decided what to do but I am leaning towards saving them for the end. Here is why: I always have trouble identifying the approach to a question. If I do the questions alongside the Quant Guides then I know exactly what topic or subtopic is being tested. If I save them for the end and do the questions in the order they appear in the OG, then I am forcing myself to be more alert and really grasp the question early on as I would be expected to do on the actual exam.

The first approach, however, seems that one can really understand the subtleties in each question by doing them in bulk...

Please respond with your thoughts on this and any advice you have for me.

Thanks
Parth

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 25

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 12

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Premium Member
Re: MGMAT books [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 04:48
This post was
BOOKMARKED
There are enough practice questions in the end of each topic in MGMAT guides. These questions are more than enough for you to understand concepts. Later, you can do timed practice from OG. Also, maintain error logs so that you can go back to the topics you didn't do well in.

Sent from my CPH1715 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 12

D

Kudos [?]: 488 [0], given: 113

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests
MGMAT books [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 10:48
parthjain68 wrote:
Quick question to those who have used these guides--

I am self studying using the MGMAT Quant Guides. The end of the basic and advanced sections refer to the OG for more practice. In your preparation, did you find it best to do these questions alongside the Quant Guides or save them for the end? I am interested in hearing what people did and what worked for them.

I still have not decided what to do but I am leaning towards saving them for the end. Here is why: I always have trouble identifying the approach to a question. If I do the questions alongside the Quant Guides then I know exactly what topic or subtopic is being tested. If I save them for the end and do the questions in the order they appear in the OG, then I am forcing myself to be more alert and really grasp the question early on as I would be expected to do on the actual exam.

The first approach, however, seems that one can really understand the subtleties in each question by doing them in bulk...

Please respond with your thoughts on this and any advice you have for me.

Thanks
Parth

Hi parthjain68,

First of all it does not matter you do the official question right after learning or do them after you have learnt the concepts and then do them at the end. The real purpose to learn a concept or do a question is to LEARN EVERYTHING FROM EVERY AVAILABLE OFFICIAL QUESTION, I REPEAT - EVERYTHING FROM OFFICIAL QUESTION.
You get an official question wrong - Awesome! Revise that question so many times that NOT THE QUESTION IS LEARNT TO YOU BUT THE CONCEPT TESTED IN THAT QUESTION STAYS IN FRONT LOBE OF YOUR BRAIN AND ALSO HOW THAT CONCEPT WAS PLACED/TESTED IN THAT QUESTION.

Now here is to clarify. for quant here is all that you have at hand, so do not worry about quality of questions:
1. GmatClub tests 1000 of questions - brilliant quality (use them as a CAT or quizz)
2. All the questions from MGMAT guides
3. all the questions from 6 CATs available from MGMAT
4. all the questions available in their online questions bank.
5. All OGs- 10/12/13/15/16/17/18
6. GMATPrep Questions collection
7. Question Pack
8. Exam Pack-1 & 2

What you can do is learn a concept, do the questions at the end of the chapter in the guide and then practice from many other soucrces available. After you're done learning & practicing all the concepts:
1. Take MGMAT CATs
2. Take GmatClub CATs
3. Make SETS from OG questions available from - online wiley access
4. take GMATPrep CATs
5. Make SETS from Question Pack
6. Take Exam Pack-1 & 2

Notice that - you need to spread out the official CATs and official questions from OG and review guides all through the study time, filling the remaining time with other material.
so you take couple of MGMAT CATs and take a official CAT. Because Official CATs will tell you the score that can be relied upon more than other CATs available.

Please ask me any followup question you have. Happy to help :)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Kudos [?]: 488 [0], given: 113

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 97

Reviews Badge
Re: MGMAT books [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 08:06
Hi parthjain68,

There are no too many of official questions. Anyway, if you're out of OG questions and you're done with both GMATprep CATs, you can always download ALL the gmatprep questions here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-gmatprep ... 87679.html

You can also buy exam packs 1 and 2 and question bank - you'll find lots of official problems.

+1 Kudos is the best way to say "Thank you!"

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 97

Re: MGMAT books   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2017, 08:06

MGMAT books

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap