It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 15:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
16 KUDOS received
G

Kudos [?]: 8321 [16] , given: 1131

MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2015, 11:37
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi Guys,

here I am once again with, maybe, my ambitious project since I am here around on GMATClub. Whenever I drive, work or read news, there is a corner in my mind that thinks: what can I do for the board ?' what could help the students in their GMAT journey ??

most of the students study alone, and here they have tons of outstanding material, both quant and verbal. But after all they are alone. Other can not effort a course by companies due to money or their schedule. That say, I reflected on this and as a consequence, I went to comb into my database. What I notice is that I have ALL the quant and verbal videos create by Ron Purewal Thursdays With Ron

You do know, or should know, that Ron is one of the best GMAT tutor out there, especially in SC. Which is the big deal of my quant collection ?? downloading it you can have ALL the video explanations provided by Ron since 2009, year of the study hall's inception, today. Several videos can not longer downloaded due to: 404 internal error, or they are deleted, or else. As such, the students now have a guidance in their GMAT journey.

Each video has a length of circa 90 minutes and the videos are 62, until now. Because Ron in the same video tackle several concepts from a broad GMAT area of content, i.e. in the same video he explains questions that cover number properties and geometry the videos are not categorized per area of study.

They are ordered chronologically. If you have some feedback in this regard, do not esitate to send me a PVT.

Done. You can enjoy amazing explanations by Ron.

DISCLAIMER: this is copyrighted material owned by MGMAT. The video are free to download. I have collected them with the only purpose to help the students

Here You can find the Quant part MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos

The download speed depends on your internet connection. OneDrive does not have any limitation in terms of download bandwidth

UPDATE: from now ongoing, inside the verbal folder, you do have subfolders from 2009 to 2016. I think there is no need further explanations. Enjoy

Regards

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Last edited by carcass on 12 Oct 2016, 06:57, edited 3 times in total.
Edited by Carcass

Kudos [?]: 8321 [16] , given: 1131

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
G

Kudos [?]: 15355 [1] , given: 1942

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Re: MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2015, 02:06
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

GPA: 2.97
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 10:12
This is awesome But the download is too slow, after sometime it does not get download and displays "Time out by hubic" :(

Try to upload in Dropbox or Google Drive..!!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

G

Kudos [?]: 8321 [0], given: 1131

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2015, 11:52
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I have overhauled the entire collection and reuploaded it on my one drive. Now is really fast to download.

Considering that one drive by Microsoft and Gdrive by Google are the best cloud in terms of options and bandwidth, I really hope now is fine for you to get it in the fastest way possible.

As usual, send me a PVT in case.

Regards

Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

G

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2015, 08:55

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G

Kudos [?]: 15355 [0], given: 1942

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2015, 02:16

G

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 03:32
souvik101990 wrote:
Sure Carcass. I was downloading, and had finished parts of the Zips. Let me know when you have finished and I will download the rest of them :-)

Done. Everything should be ok now. Let me know :wink:

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: -23 [0], given: 61

GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2016, 21:57
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Is any video for Subject/Verb inversion available?

Intern
Intern

GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2016, 22:56
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I downloaded one of the videos. The format is .z11
How do I open the videos?

1 KUDOS received
G

Kudos [?]: 8321 [1] , given: 1131

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2016, 01:54
This post received
KUDOS

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 04:20

G

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 08:39

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 27

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2016, 00:36
carcass wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Hi carcass

The z11 file is not downloading. Could you check please?

I did as normal user and not as the owner of the account (just to be sure)

No problem to get it

Hi I am unable to download it.It gets stuck after some time.I gets download failure

G

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2016, 01:27

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2016, 23:23
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I guess what my gripe with this upload is that it's not necessary to have all the videos zipped together. It creates a lot of CRC errors while downloading and I archiving. A much better way would be just to upload the videos and have people download whatever they want to. Or group them together (as you have done) with subtopics. That would reduce the volume of the downloads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

1 KUDOS received
G

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 03:09
This post received
KUDOS
I agree with you dude partially though.

The problem is, mainly, that Ron in one video talks of CR SC strategy or quant applied to CR and so on. So is cumbersome a classification. You can not simply put them in an SC or CR subfolder.

Yet, uploading 150 videos one by one is toooooooo long, considering that all cloud drives, if you simply drag and drop all such videos at once, give you an error in upload. You should stay there and select them one or two at most at time

Moreover, I really do not know why you or students get such errors. If you download a zip one at a time and join together, then you do not have any such problem. As my screenshot explains.

As a matter of fact, if you notice the videos zipped go from 2009/2015 BUT then there is the folder 2016 where the videos are uploaded as you say, singularly.

Your feedback are always appreciated. :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2016, 06:48
carcass wrote:
One drive is ok. Try a different browser or check your internet connection. Moreover, try to clean your browser data such as cookies or chronology.

Regards

Hi I am able to download last Zip folder now.Thanks!

are these Z01-Z11 files different than one in Zip folder?As I tried to download Z01 ,When I tried extracting it-gives err as broken file

G

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2016, 07:54
vaidhaichaturvedi wrote:
carcass wrote:
One drive is ok. Try a different browser or check your internet connection. Moreover, try to clean your browser data such as cookies or chronology.

Regards

Hi I am able to download last Zip folder now.Thanks!

are these Z01-Z11 files different than one in Zip folder?As I tried to download Z01 ,When I tried extracting it-gives err as broken file

Please follow the instruction in the first post and related screenshot.

Be patient because I am having an overhaul of the entire project :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2016, 01:22
@carcass- i really appreciate your effort, but i am still not sure about which way to go about, about downloading(may be because it's too much data- 23.57 GB to be precise).
And that's why i want to be sure about the end result and the process before proceeding. :shock:
So let me just put it straight- do we have to download each one of 11 files(i.e. .z01- .z11), each 2 GB+ the .zip file(1.57 GB), after downloading all the 12 files, double click on the zip folder, n everything will fall into place( now here is the confusing part for me, i mean after downloading all the 12 files, do we have to add the 11 files first, then extract or first extract, then add all the files).I hope i am not further confusing the matter but the thing is i am still confused(and i think a lot of people are like me still), that's why i am raking the issue! :roll: :roll:
So, let me put in one sentence- is it like this thing's only gonna work if we download all the 12 files, even if one file is missing, this is not gonna work?
Now, i will tell u what i have done till now- first i downloaded one file- .z05, tried to open it- but to no avail as the extension is .z05, not opening in any player.
Then i downloaded the .zip folder, double clicked it, some extraction took place, but still unable to open .z05, so i reiterate my point, will i be able to open them if i download the rest of the 10 files(.z01-.z04 and .z06-.z11).
You know i am deliberating and going so deep because i am tentative/apprehensive what if after downloading 23.57 GB of sheer data, i come out with nothing because i didn't followed the required/stated procedure.
BTW, i am proceeding ahead with the remaining downloads, but plz guide me carcass in the meanwhile!!

Thanks and regards,
Rashid Hussain

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2016, 02:56
This post received
KUDOS
koolrash2002 wrote:
@carcass- i really appreciate your effort, but i am still not sure about which way to go about, about downloading(may be because it's too much data- 23.57 GB to be precise).
And that's why i want to be sure about the end result and the process before proceeding. :shock:
So let me just put it straight- do we have to download each one of 11 files(i.e. .z01- .z11), each 2 GB+ the .zip file(1.57 GB), after downloading all the 12 files, double click on the zip folder, n everything will fall into place( now here is the confusing part for me, i mean after downloading all the 12 files, do we have to add the 11 files first, then extract or first extract, then add all the files).I hope i am not further confusing the matter but the thing is i am still confused(and i think a lot of people are like me still), that's why i am raking the issue! :roll: :roll:
So, let me put in one sentence- is it like this thing's only gonna work if we download all the 12 files, even if one file is missing, this is not gonna work?
Now, i will tell u what i have done till now- first i downloaded one file- .z05, tried to open it- but to no avail as the extension is .z05, not opening in any player.
Then i downloaded the .zip folder, double clicked it, some extraction took place, but still unable to open .z05, so i reiterate my point, will i be able to open them if i download the rest of the 10 files(.z01-.z04 and .z06-.z11).
You know i am deliberating and going so deep because i am tentative/apprehensive what if after downloading 23.57 GB of sheer data, i come out with nothing because i didn't followed the required/stated procedure.
BTW, i am proceeding ahead with the remaining downloads, but plz guide me carcass in the meanwhile!!

Thanks and regards,
Rashid Hussain

I would not be smatterer but one one hand people meet a lot of problems with these files, one the other hand I really do not know why. I mean: guys these are basic computer skills.

Whenever you have a folder (it does not matter how much it is large: 10 mb or 200 GB) and you compress it and split into two files, you must click or the root folder to rejoin and have the starting folder. if you download one part and try to extract, then is normal you get an error, because they are concatenated togheter. It is a dangling zip part.

That say, in my first post there is a screeshot in which is well explained how to do, and it is simple like drinking a glass of water.

Download ALL 12 parts, we say on your desktop folder or whenever you wanna. Then click on the the last one: that of 1.57 GB; this one is the ROOT folder and has not the extention z01, z02 and so on. In this way you have ALL videos. BTW: this is the way how is conceive and work the ZIP protocol.

But do not worry: I am restructuring the entir archive, dividing it in to folder such as 2012,2013 and so on with all videos inside, so you can download only the video of interest.

Regards

Re: MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2016, 02:56

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 34 posts ]