GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 04:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MIM Program

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
MIM Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 11:01
How is MIM program? I scored 670 in gmat and have 1.5 years of work experience. Shall I go for MIM program or retain my score for 3-4 years and then apply for MBA program?
ROI is a major concern for me. Is the degree valid in India also?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
Reviews Badge
Re: MIM Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 02:41
bhavik1995 wrote:
How is MIM program? I scored 670 in gmat and have 1.5 years of work experience. Shall I go for MIM program or retain my score for 3-4 years and then apply for MBA program?
ROI is a major concern for me. Is the degree valid in India also?

If you're interested in management work only, and looking for learning first , then you should apply it now. MIM is mainly consider to kick start career in management.

And yes, these are valid in India, and all over the world as postgraduate degrees.
Programs at IIMs in India are equivalent to MIM, while IIMs do not offer any degree. So, MIM holds advantage over IIMs' pgpms.
IIT Bombay in Indian is the only collegw that offers MIM, AND You can check its placement, it is same as IIM ABC. So no doubt about the validity of course and job opportunities. In addition you get international exposure, an important experience and a brand name better than any Indian College.

So, if you're really in management, then I'll suggest you to join it now, rather than waiting for 3-4 years. You'll reach there in 3-4 years with increment.
If, in the future, you feel need of attending another better programme, you can join Leadership program of any top college. Press Kudos, if my answer is of any help, so that i can get feedback.

All the best.

Posted from my mobile device
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: MIM Program  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2019, 11:47
Hey Bhavik,

MiM is a great option for anyone with 0-2 years of work experience.
A lot of Tier-1 universities like Duke, Michigan, HEC Paris, Cornell offer this program and the weighed salaries can go as high as 142k per annum depending upon the school and the industry.

Now, here are a few things that you should keep in mind-

Whether you should go for an MiM or MBA is more a question of your career goals than retaining your GMAT Score.
An MBA from a good college would need some quality work experience of 3-5 years. Do you wish to accumulate work experience first and then enter the workforce at Mid-Senior level?
Or do you want to fast-track your career progression with an MiM and enter the market at an associate level?

A lot of applicants face the same dilemma of choosing between an MiM and an MBA.

This is a pretty good resource that highlights the exact differences between the two degrees and helps you decide which one is a better fit for you, check it out: https://www.mim-essay.com/mba-vs-mim/

Also note that although GMAT scores have a validity of 5 years, it is not a good strategy to use the same scores after 2 years.

Regarding the ROI, the weighted salaries from most of the good schools ranges 65k to 114k per annum. An average MiM graduate takes roughly around 1.5-2 years to recoup the investment.
Lastly, by the rule of thumb always study in a country where you want to work in the future. For any Masters degree, be it MiM or MBA, you should aim to work where you have studied for at least 2 years. Your job prospects in your home country would depend a lot of your degree+ your 2 years of work experience.

So yes, you have a lot of new information so I would suggest you to carefully think about the above pointers and decide which degree is better suited to your career goals.

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MIM Program   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2019, 11:47

MIM Program

new topic post reply Update application status