Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: MS Business Analytics in Colorado [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nat724 wrote:
Hi,

Thought this would be a good place to ask about my GMAT score!

I took the GMAT in October and got a 600 (37Q, 35V). Admittedly, I didn't really study for it, as I was applying for UC Denver's MS in Business Analytics and they had range of 510-570. I later realized that was for their MBA program. I got dinged specifically for my quant score, as stated in my rejection email.

I studied this time and, after getting 48Q on the last few GMATPrep practice exams, I ended up with a 43Q on the real exam, overall score 690 (43Q, 41V). I think it may have something to do with the last question, as I selected an answer but didn't hit next. I thought that would still count the submission based on other posts, but am hearing different things now. The main reason I think that is that I also got a 5 on IR and have never scored lower than a 7, even on my previous attempt, and the same thing happened on the last problem.

Anyways, onto my actual question. I'm only applying to local schools, as my GI Bill will pay for just about all of it and then some, and am only looking at Analytics programs. Do you think a 43Q would be considered too low of a score for a program that's not even close to top 10 or 20? A 670+ is a guaranteed $3,000 scholarship for tuition, but I'm paranoid because of being dinged for quant earlier.

My background: I served in the Marines for 5 years, then studied finance at NYU. After that, I worked at PwC and Goldman Sachs, biked across the country to raise money for affordable housing, and have now been a teacher for the last 4 years.

Well, your overall score will likely be enough to be honest. Yet, at the same time, given that you DO have time to study, why not do it? With the aim to boost your Quant score? It'll help lots. And who knows, you may come away with a 750 :) That could change things!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
nat724 wrote:
Hi nat724, thanks for your question- I think having the 690 overall for the programs you are mentioning should be enough. That being said, if you think it is in you to get the Q score up even more, you might be able to reach even higher in this process. However, the MS in Business Analytics is a program that will definitely open up a new range of career options for you so if that is your goal I think you are on track here. If you don't need scholarships because this is already covered for you, then I'm not sure you need to work that strategy. But I do think the higher your GMAT Q- and especially for an analytics program- that could be beneficial in the recruiting part post degree also. Good luck to you!

Thought this would be a good place to ask about my GMAT score!

I took the GMAT in October and got a 600 (37Q, 35V). Admittedly, I didn't really study for it, as I was applying for UC Denver's MS in Business Analytics and they had range of 510-570. I later realized that was for their MBA program. I got dinged specifically for my quant score, as stated in my rejection email.

I studied this time and, after getting 48Q on the last few GMATPrep practice exams, I ended up with a 43Q on the real exam, overall score 690 (43Q, 41V). I think it may have something to do with the last question, as I selected an answer but didn't hit next. I thought that would still count the submission based on other posts, but am hearing different things now. The main reason I think that is that I also got a 5 on IR and have never scored lower than a 7, even on my previous attempt, and the same thing happened on the last problem.

Anyways, onto my actual question. I'm only applying to local schools, as my GI Bill will pay for just about all of it and then some, and am only looking at Analytics programs. Do you think a 43Q would be considered too low of a score for a program that's not even close to top 10 or 20? A 670+ is a guaranteed $3,000 scholarship for tuition, but I'm paranoid because of being dinged for quant earlier.

My background: I served in the Marines for 5 years, then studied finance at NYU. After that, I worked at PwC and Goldman Sachs, biked across the country to raise money for affordable housing, and have now been a teacher for the last 4 years.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
That sounds great! If you get a favorable response and think you may need some guidance on the application, take a look at some of our free resources for help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
Schools: WP Carey" 20
GMAT 1: 540 Q44 V33
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hi, I am Neena and got admitted to MS programme in Business Analytics at the University of Colorado Denver, US for Fall 2018. I submitted the application last year with the help of an agent,who uploaded the documents and filled the application on my behalf. But he made a mistake while entering my Surname. In my passport my surname is written as ‘ Shereen Prathap’ while in the application he entered my Middle name as ‘ Shereen ‘ and Last name as ‘ Prathap’. Will this be a problem for my visa and future dealing with the university?Should I need an affadavit clarifying the name change? I mailed the front page of my passport along with my application to the university. Please respond….
GMAT Club Bot