GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 02:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MSU or ASU?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
CrackVerbal Representative
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q51 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
MSU or ASU?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 07:24
Hello everyone,

After around 6 months, finally, I'm done with the MBA applications. At present, I have admit from

1) Michigan State University (MSU) - 80% Scholarship
2) Arizona State University (ASU) 100% Scholarship

Both of the Universities are very good and I'm a bit confused between the two. Though I've more inclination towards ASU because of 100% scholarship, I'm also concerned about the post-MBA job opportunities for International applicants available at these universities. I've gone through the employment statistics and its roughly the same for both MSU and ASU.

I'm just wondering that from the post-MBA job point of view, which one would be better between ASU and MSU?

Please feel free to share your opinion. It would help me a lot in making an informed choice. Thanks a lot for your time and concern.
B
Re: MSU or ASU?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2019, 04:19
bb Mo2men It would be great to have your viewpoint. Thanks :)
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2019, 11:56
ayushman1103 wrote:
Both of the Universities are very good and I'm a bit confused between the two. Though I've more inclination towards ASU because of 100% scholarship, I'm also concerned about the post-MBA job opportunities for International applicants available at these universities. I've gone through the employment statistics and its roughly the same for both MSU and ASU.

Hi ayushman1103

I'm happy to help :) and congrats for both schools.

Your concern is legitimate but it applies to any school, more likely after 10-15 schools. However, you can go on. So I will omit this from my view.

Actually, I find both schools are great in the field of supply chain and operation (I assume it as your goal). In many other ranking of supply chain, Broad is considered higher than Carey. If location is a preference (sunny, ending in South west(, then Carey will be your place. Or you can live in mid west close to more manufacturing states so Broad is your place. You can check too if you want to work in certain firms such as Starbucks that recruit from Carey( but I do not know if change policy of sponsoring internationals).

From my view, curriculum is another point. While I prefer Broad over Carey, I find it now somehow puzzling as Broad has better management courses that complement the supply chain but Carey has data analytics that talks to the modern langue which is really essential (I do not find data courses in Broad's electives). So you need to search deep and may ask current students for more info.

Good luck
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 03:27
Mo2men wrote:
ayushman1103 wrote:

Hi ayushman1103

I'm happy to help :) and congrats for both schools.

Your concern is legitimate but it applies to any school, more likely after 10-15 schools. However, you can go on. So I will omit this from my view.

Actually, I find both schools are great in the field of supply chain and operation (I assume it as your goal). In many other ranking of supply chain, Broad is considered higher than Carey. If location is a preference (sunny, ending in South west(, then Carey will be your place. Or you can live in mid west close to more manufacturing states so Broad is your place. You can check too if you want to work in certain firms such as Starbucks that recruit from Carey( but I do not know if change policy of sponsoring internationals).

From my view, curriculum is another point. While I prefer Broad over Carey, I find it now somehow puzzling as Broad has better management courses that complement the supply chain but Carey has data analytics that talks to the modern langue which is really essential (I do not find data courses in Broad's electives). So you need to search deep and may ask current students for more info.

Good luck

Thank you very much Mo2men for sharing your opinion. I'm glad that you have given an unbiased view of both the universities.

It has boiled down to personal preferences: Location, Course Curriculum, Choice of Recruiters, Finances involved.

You mentioned about data analytics courses and this was one of the reasons I have a strong inclination towards ASU. There is an option to do MSBA concurrent with an MBA. Since MSBA is STEM designated, it'll be an advantageous point from visa point of view as well. I'm trying to gather as many points as possible for both the universities and post that I'll be better equipped to make an informed choice.
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 04:32
ayushman1103 wrote:

Thank you very much Mo2men for sharing your opinion. I'm glad that you have given an unbiased view of both the universities.

It has boiled down to personal preferences: Location, Course Curriculum, Choice of Recruiters, Finances involved.

You mentioned about data analytics courses and this was one of the reasons I have a strong inclination towards ASU. There is an option to do MSBA concurrent with an MBA. Since MSBA is STEM designated, it'll be an advantageous point from visa point of view as well. I'm trying to gather as many points as possible for both the universities and post that I'll be better equipped to make an informed choice.

Hi ayushman1103

If you have the opportunity to do so in Carey, so I encourage you to reap the benefits of both programs. It will be a great learning experience for future career growth.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MSU or ASU?   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2019, 04:32

MSU or ASU?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste, Wilch