GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 02:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My ESR (Q 50/V 32) - Analysis Please

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
My ESR (Q 50/V 32) - Analysis Please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2017, 06:04
I was surprised to see how poorly I performed on the SC and CR. I always felt SC was my strong point and CR was my weak point (but not 44th percentile weak). I'm retaking the test in about a month.

I had taken 6 Manhattan Prep CATs and 2 GMAT prep software CATs and scored between 34 and 40 on Verbal.

My prep (for Verbal) included all of the Magoosh content, reading the Economist/WSJ/Washington Post every day for at least 30 minutes, and completing all OG 2017 and OG 2017 Verbal Supplement questions (with thorough review of incorrect answers). I think I need to focus more on meaning and less on grammar for SC. For CR, I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciative.

Some notes on my ESR:

I never ran out of time and did not feel I ever had to "guess" on anything (even the last few questions).

Time management for my 2nd quarter of questions in Verbal states I spent 3:20 on incorrect questions, but I only got 2 wrong and it could very well have been the first RC question of a passage (I got two RCs in that question period). So I don't consider that to be an issue especially since my "incorrect" timing was in line with my correct timing for the other 3 quarters.
Attachments

Stephen Hall_307164717_ESR.pdf [421.88 KiB]
Downloaded 37 times

To download please login or register as a user

Economist GMAT Tutor Discount Codese-GMAT Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: My ESR (Q 50/V 32) - Analysis Please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2017, 16:36
Often people overestimate their ability in a certain section but in reality they're actually not as good as they might estimate. You have to put in the work, you might already have a good baseline for CR & SC but you will need to know what the test is asking for and what each type of question is asking for.

Best of luck! Kudos if it helps

Winners dont make excuses.

350--> 700

https://gmatclub.com/forum/700-q47-v39-ir-7-awa-246682.html

Re: My ESR (Q 50/V 32) - Analysis Please   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2017, 16:36

My ESR (Q 50/V 32) - Analysis Please

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap