Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 02:47 It is currently 14 May 2024, 02:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1311 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 590 Q42 V29
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5149 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Re: My Reading Comprehension score dropped from 76th percentile to 6th [#permalink]
Expert Reply
It's possible for sure that something was miscalculated.

I've seen a miscalculation on at least one occassion in which someone got every verbal question correct but didn't get 51 in verbal. He took the issue up with GMAC and got his score changed.

So, it's not as if miscalculations never happen.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Re: My Reading Comprehension score dropped from 76th percentile to 6th [#permalink]
Kudos
Thank you GmatTutorKnight Karimabouelias and MartyTargetTestPrep

It's good to know that miscalculations have happened before.

I just opened a case on the official GMAT website. Let's see what their answer will be.

All the best,
Chux
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11681 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Chux,

From what you described in one of your other posts, you received a V35 on both of your Official GMATs - meaning that your overall Verbal Scaled Score on your 2nd attempt wasn't necessarily "miscalculated" (it might just be that the RC data in your ESR was not properly presented). While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). Since you have the ESRs for both of your attempts, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you. Before you can include attachments with your posts/PMs, you need to have at least 5 posts in the forums (right now, you have just 4 posts). If you post just once more, then you should be able to include your ESR (and you can feel free to PM or email your ESRs directly to me if you would rather not post them publicly).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot