Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [4]
Given Kudos: 120
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 327 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [4]
Send PM
Re: My story. From 520 to 700 two weeks before the test. 600 real score ;( [#permalink]
Kudos
I finally got 700!!
happy but after so much work I even think i could have done better.
I will post more details soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Re: My story. From 520 to 700 two weeks before the test. 600 real score ;( [#permalink]
Congrats man! Great accomplishment. Best of luck for the admissions
Will look forward to the details to see what you changed in your studies to get a 700. I am planning to take my GMAT soon too.

Thanks,
Andy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
sorry to answer so late.
I completely changed my technique. For the first test I studied exclusively with books, and for the retake I studied exclusively with videos. I didn't think I could studied the same books again (i used Manhattan gmat books, btw i really think they are great, it is not for the books that I screwed up the first time).
I watched a lot of ron videos ("Thursday with Ron"), I also bought the Veritas complete course. What I think : it helped me a lot the motivate me after my failure (hard to re-study everything when you just got a 600, my only desire was to finally give up that crazy gmat, take time and enjoy life) because you have to be there to follow the lessons given by the instructor. And considering the money you pay, trust me you'll be on time :)
So it helped me a lot to motivate myself but if I have to be completely honest I don't think i made great progress concerning my gmat level with that course (hard to tell, actually). The great thing with Veritas are the mock tests, they are numerous and you can get used to the pace of the test (you can do one of them every week end for example, that's what i did).
A great resource : the gmatprep software, do the tests, train with their questions! official questions are priceless, as you can see in a lot of comments on this forum.

I did not make the same error a second time : i took some time to see friends, to change my ideas the saturday night or the sunday afternoon. It is certainly obvious for a lot of people but it wasn't for me for my first attempt. For my attempt try i rarely went out, i spent evenings in front of my gmat books but at the end I was not efficient, my brain was burnt out but i did not even realize it. I thought I was doing it the right way.. If you read a little the other stories of gmat takers, the majority will advise you to spend to time and relax, and they are right!

I got 700, a score I would never had hoped when I began to study. However when I saw my score at second attempt I felt a little bit of disappointment! At the end, at every mock test I scored 700+! With gmat prep, I got 710 and 740 !! I only want to tell you that it is possible to get a 700 or more, even you don't think to be able to di it . This is a sentence said a million times but : hard work pays, and especially with the gmat. The more you work on the test, the more you will get used to the tricks, to the formulas to know, to the time you have to try before giving up a question, to the square and the cubes to know by heart, etc.

In conclusion, i kind of enjoyed the gmat. You really have to find a way to study that pleases you, it does not have to be a punishment. For me, watching videos kept my attention and I was more concentrated than with books. And dont forget to grab a beer sometimes with your friends, it really helps, you will feel better and more motivated the next day ! :)

Good luck for everybody,
If you have any question, feel free to ask ! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
Send PM
Hi,

I have the same issue,my mgmat mocks were above 670 and I got 600 in the real thing. What did you do? Did you take the gmat again?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi disharupani,

You will likely receive more of a response if you start your own post thread (instead of piggy-backing on this one; most of the posts in this thread are at least 3 years old). You should provide as much detail as you can about your studies, the materials you used and your Score(s) on the Official GMAT. I'll be happy to answer any questions that you have and help you plan out the next phase of your studies.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Send PM
disharupani wrote:
Hi,

I have the same issue,my mgmat mocks were above 670 and I got 600 in the real thing. What did you do? Did you take the gmat again?

Posted from my mobile device

Sorry I did not see your question.
Yes I took the gmat again and I got 700.
Don't hesitate to PM me if you still consider retaking the gmat
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37306 posts