It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 05:24

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2014, 00:48
noboru wrote:
Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination within two business days of being sent. In fact, correctly addressed mail takes longer than this only when it is damaged in transit. Overall, however, most mail arrives three business days or more after being sent.
If the statements above are true, which one of the following must be true?
(A) A large proportion of the mail that is correctly addressed is damaged in transit.
(B) No incorrectly addressed mail arrives within two business days of being sent.
(C) Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed.
(D) A large proportion of mail is incorrectly addressed.
(E) More mail arrives within two business days of being sent than arrives between two and three business days after being sent.

For me, both A and D are correct.
Could anybody clarify?
Thanks,

My reasoning is as follows:

Pre-think - It is possible that a large proportion of the mails are either incorrectly addressed or correctly addressed and damaged in transit.

(A) A large proportion of the mail that is correctly addressed is damaged in transit. - It may be possible but not must be true.
(B) No incorrectly addressed mail arrives within two business days of being sent. - It is no where mentioned that no incorrectly addressed mails will reach within two business days. However, this may be true but not must be true.
(C) Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed. - I think this is the answer. As the stimulus says that "Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination within two business days of being sent" and this implies that a large proportion of the mails that arrive within two business days are correctly addressed.
(D) A large proportion of mail is incorrectly addressed. - Same as A.
(E) More mail arrives within two business days of being sent than arrives between two and three business days after being sent. - This is definitely false according to the last line of the stimulus.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Anuj

Preparing for the next shot!!!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 18055 [2], given: 1990

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2014, 12:02
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
New Project - Reviving the hardest questions on GMAT Club. Kudos for every reply with an explanation in the first 24 hours!

Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination within two business days of being sent. In fact, correctly addressed mail takes longer than this only when it is damaged in transit. Overall, however, most mail arrives three business days or more after being sent.

(A) A large proportion of the mail that is correctly addressed is damaged in transit.

(B) No incorrectly addressed mail arrives within two business days of being sent.

(C) Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed.

(E) More mail arrives within two business days of being sent than arrives between two and three business days after being sent.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 293 [0], given: 61

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2014, 22:39
i find this question flawed because none of the option seems viable
please NOTE that this question is must be true question

ALL options can be negated with the given premise

Kudos [?]: 293 [0], given: 61

2 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 293 [2], given: 61

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2014, 22:47
This post received
KUDOS
i just checked and found that the proclaimed answer to this question is D

why D cannot be answer?
reasoning: D says:A large proportion of mail is incorrectly addressed.

we know that "most mail arrives three business days or more after being sent" ------->there can be a situation where in a CORRECTLY ADDRESSED mail is DAMAGED and is arriving LATE and that SUCH TYPES of mails are constituting a large proportion (say 90%) hence D is negated !!

Kudos [?]: 293 [2], given: 61

2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1089 [2], given: 548

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2014, 23:09
This post received
KUDOS

Almost all the correctly addressed mail -> Arrives within 2 days
Correctly addressed -> If it takes longer -> the mail is damaged in transit
Most mails arrive > 3 business days.

Negation: 90% of the mail is incorrectly addressed -> So they arrive late.
10% are correctly addressed -> So they arrive in 2 days. If zero % of the correctly addressed mails are damaged, still the condition is satisfied.
So incorrect

(B) No incorrectly addressed mail arrives within two business days of being sent. -> Cannot be inferred.

(C) Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed. -> looks ok.
-> Damaged in Transit for correctly addressed mails will take > 2 days
-> Incorrectly addressed mails will take more than 2 days

-> Incorrectly addressed mail can take > 2 days
-> Damaged mails can take > 2 days.
How can one infer that which part is in majority -> Cannot be inferred.

(E) More mail arrives within two business days of being sent than arrives between two and three business days after being sent. -> Cannot be inferred.

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Kudos [?]: 1089 [2], given: 548

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 293 [1], given: 61

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2014, 23:54
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed. -> looks ok.

why this interpretation is wrong and why C cannot be answer !!

the fact that "Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination within two business days of being sent" DOES NOT MEAN that "Incorrectly addressed mails will take more than 2 days" . if you are saying that "Incorrectly addressed mails will take more than 2 days" then that is something you are assuming . NO WHERE in the passage such statement is written and neither it can be inferred !!

why C is wrong

C says: Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed.------------->there might be a situation where INCORRECTLY ADDRESSED mail are MOST that arrives within 2 days !!

Kudos [?]: 293 [1], given: 61

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1089 [1], given: 548

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2014, 23:59
This post received
KUDOS
aditya8062 wrote:
Quote:
Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed. -> looks ok.

why this interpretation is wrong and why C cannot be answer !!

the fact that "Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination within two business days of being sent" DOES NOT MEAN that "Incorrectly addressed mails will take more than 2 days" . if you are saying that "Incorrectly addressed mails will take more than 2 days" then that is something you are assuming . NO WHERE in the passage such statement is written and neither it can be inferred !!

why C is wrong

C says: Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed.------------->there might be a situation where INCORRECTLY ADDRESSED mail are MOST that arrives within 2 days !!

Yes I agree it is not written but it is from well known outside knowledge as if the correctly addressed mails are able to reach their destination in 2 days, incorrectly addressed mails will take more time to reach because the mails will reach the incorrect address in 2 days.

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Kudos [?]: 1089 [1], given: 548

8 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 62 [8], given: 253

WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2014, 15:48
This post received
KUDOS
souvik101990 wrote:
New Project - Reviving the hardest questions on GMAT Club. Kudos for every reply with an explanation in the first 24 hours!

I think by POE the Answer should be D.Here's why i think so:

A) A large proportion of the mail that is correctly addressed is damaged in transit. Incorrect Since we are not told anything specific about the amount of correct mail that is damaged in transit we cant infer this, if anything we can infer the opposite that this proportion should be small as the argument mentions that nearly all correct mails arrives within 2 days.

B) No incorrectly addressed mail arrives within two business days of being sent. Incorrect since we are just told that nearly all correct mail arrives within 2 days while it is nowhere said whether incorrect can arrive in 2 days or not

C)Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed. Incorrect it might be possible that that sometimes the proprtion of incorrect mail that arrives in 2 days might be more that correct mail.

D) A large proportion of mail is incorrectly addressed.Correct
1)Since we are told that most mail arrives after 3 days so this can mean that either the proportion of incorrect is more or more correct mail is damaged in transit
2)we are also told that nearly all correct mail arrives in 2 days so from this can we infer that proportion of correct mail that is damaged in transit is very small
so now combining statement 1 and 2 we can Infer that a large proportion of mail is infact incorrectly addressed.

E) More mail arrives within two business days of being sent than arrives between two and three business days after being sent.Incorrect there is nothing given to compare the amount between 2 days and 2-3 days, we are just told that most mail arrives after 3 days.

Thanks
AK
Please press Kudos if explanation makes some sense to you :-D

Kudos [?]: 62 [8], given: 253

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2014, 06:50
This post received
KUDOS
simplyanuj wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

1)Since we are told that most mail arrives after 3 days so this can mean that either the proportion of incorrect is more or more correct mail is damaged in transit
2)we are also told that nearly all correct mail arrives in 2 days so from this can we infer that proportion of correct mail that is damaged in transit is very small
so now combining statement 1 and 2 we can Infer that a large proportion of mail is infact incorrectly addressed.

Here is why I am not sure about either C or D and believe this is a poorly written question.

[Reason] C < 2 days
C + D > 2days
I > 2days
T > 2days

C's logic is saying that most correct mail is received under 2 days. [C < 2days]>[C + D >2days] and the only thing we know is T > 2 days. I dont know anything about the subgroup of C

D's saying that large portion is I. so T = [I > 2]>[C<2]+[C+D >2] ... all we know is Most of T is > 2 days. [I>2] and [C+D >2], so couldn't the larger portion be [C+D>2]?

The question is asking for "what must also be true"

BTW i chose C but I am not so sure about my answer after looking at it for 5+ min :lol:

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 62 [1], given: 253

WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2014, 07:54
This post received
KUDOS
lwang85 wrote:
simplyanuj wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Here is why I am not sure about either C or D and believe this is a poorly written question.

[Reason] C < 2 days
C + D > 2days
I > 2days
T > 2days

C's logic is saying that most correct mail is received under 2 days. [C < 2days]>[C + D >2days] and the only thing we know is T > 2 days. I dont know anything about the subgroup of C

D's saying that large portion is I. so T = [I > 2]>[C<2]+[C+D >2] ... all we know is Most of T is > 2 days. [I>2] and [C+D >2], so couldn't the larger portion be [C+D>2]?

The question is asking for "what must also be true"

BTW i chose C but I am not so sure about my answer after looking at it for 5+ min :lol:

Here's why I think C+D>2(Not sure what you mean by this I am assuming it refers to correct addressed mail that is defferred :-D ) cant be larger proportion , the first line of the argument reads Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination within two business days of being sent. so from this we can safely assume this proportion has to be very small as compared to the correctly addressed mail.

Thanks
AK
Please press Kudos if explanation makes sense :-D

Kudos [?]: 62 [1], given: 253

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2014, 11:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Quote:
Here are the corresponding elements in the analogy:

Mail correctly addressed = girls in a club
Mail incorrectly addressed = boys in a club
Arrives at destination in 2 days = loves steak
Arrives after 2 days = doesn't love steak
Damaged in transit = has vegetarian parents

"Nearly all girls in a certain club love steak. In fact, the only ones that don't have vegetarian parents. However, most people in the club don't love steak."

The question asks what MUST BE TRUE based on the information we are given.

Take a minute to think about what must be true. How can the minority of women, but the majority of people overall, not love steak? The only way is to have a greater difference among the men, but in the other direction (that is, a bigger difference in terms of the number of men who don't like steak being higher than the number of men who do like steak).

Let's examine some analogous answer choices:

(A) A large portion of girls must have parents who are vegetarians.

Does this have to be true? No. It could be that there is just one girl who's parents are vegetarians, or it could be more. We actually have very little information about this based on the facts we've been given.

(B) No boys love steak.

I think it's pretty easy to see why this is not provable based on the text.

(C) Most people who love steak are girls.

This is tempting, but this is not probable based on what we've been told.

Based on what we've been told, it could be true that...

Of 10 girls, 8 love steak and 2 don't, and, of the 10 guys (# of guys and girls doesn't have to be equal) 1 loves steak and 9 don't. Then we could say # of girls that like steak is greater than # of boys that like steak.

However, let's imagine we have 10 girls 1000 guys in the club. More guys than girls could love steak, even if the majority of guys don't love steak.

(D) Guys make up a large portion of the club

Does this have to be true?

Let's think about the facts we know:

Of the girls in the group, most love steak.
Of all the people in the group, most don't love steak.

Can the subset of girls who don't like steak in and of themselves make up the majority of all people who don't love steak? Absolutely not -- they are not even a majority in the subgroup of girls!

Knowing just about girls, we know that the category that loves steak has higher #'s (much higher, per the wording "nearly all") than the category that doesn't love steak. How do we make up for that and get to our overall tally? We need a significant portion of men that don't love steak.

This is essentially what we knew based on the facts, and this is the correct answer.

(E) doesn't have a great analogous equivalent, but I think it's an answer that is fairly easy to eliminate.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 28

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2014, 07:42
This post received
KUDOS
The key to this Qs is the first sentence: "Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination within two business days". It can be inferred that the portion of 'correctly addressed mail that gets delayed is smaller'. Options A & Option D scenarios are therefore not equally feasible.

Besides, this is an LSAT question :)

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 28

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 48

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Haas EWMBA '21
GPA: 3.9
WE: Research (Consumer Electronics)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2014, 09:17
souvik101990 wrote:
Quote:
Here are the corresponding elements in the analogy:

Mail correctly addressed = girls in a club
Mail incorrectly addressed = boys in a club
Arrives at destination in 2 days = loves steak
Arrives after 2 days = doesn't love steak
Damaged in transit = has vegetarian parents

"Nearly all girls in a certain club love steak. In fact, the only ones that don't have vegetarian parents. However, most people in the club don't love steak."

The question asks what MUST BE TRUE based on the information we are given.

Take a minute to think about what must be true. How can the minority of women, but the majority of people overall, not love steak? The only way is to have a greater difference among the men, but in the other direction (that is, a bigger difference in terms of the number of men who don't like steak being higher than the number of men who do like steak).

Let's examine some analogous answer choices:

(A) A large portion of girls must have parents who are vegetarians.

Does this have to be true? No. It could be that there is just one girl who's parents are vegetarians, or it could be more. We actually have very little information about this based on the facts we've been given.

(B) No boys love steak.

I think it's pretty easy to see why this is not provable based on the text.

(C) Most people who love steak are girls.

This is tempting, but this is not probable based on what we've been told.

Based on what we've been told, it could be true that...

Of 10 girls, 8 love steak and 2 don't, and, of the 10 guys (# of guys and girls doesn't have to be equal) 1 loves steak and 9 don't. Then we could say # of girls that like steak is greater than # of boys that like steak.

However, let's imagine we have 10 girls 1000 guys in the club. More guys than girls could love steak, even if the majority of guys don't love steak.

(D) Guys make up a large portion of the club

Does this have to be true?

Let's think about the facts we know:

Of the girls in the group, most love steak.
Of all the people in the group, most don't love steak.

Can the subset of girls who don't like steak in and of themselves make up the majority of all people who don't love steak? Absolutely not -- they are not even a majority in the subgroup of girls!

Knowing just about girls, we know that the category that loves steak has higher #'s (much higher, per the wording "nearly all") than the category that doesn't love steak. How do we make up for that and get to our overall tally? We need a significant portion of men that don't love steak.

This is essentially what we knew based on the facts, and this is the correct answer.

(E) doesn't have a great analogous equivalent, but I think it's an answer that is fairly easy to eliminate.

You just changed the mindset of the whole question with all these girls and love steaks....

However, when you look at Option D, we can say that Most of the mail gets damaged in Transit and arrive later than 3 days. It need not be Incorrectly Addressed.
Moreover, nowhere is it ever mentioned that Incorrectly mail cannot be delivered in 2 days.
All that we know is that the Correctly Addressed mail reaches in 2 days.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 48

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 18055 [0], given: 1990

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2014, 09:25
Quote:
You just changed the mindset of the whole question with all these girls and love steaks....

However, when you look at Option D, we can say that Most of the mail gets damaged in Transit and arrive later than 3 days. It need not be Incorrectly Addressed.
Moreover, nowhere is it ever mentioned that Incorrectly mail cannot be delivered in 2 days.
All that we know is that the Correctly Addressed mail reaches in 2 days.

This is an LSAT question, and that response was from a Manhattan Prep LSAT user. I thought the comment was very insightful. You may like this one more.

Quote:
if we need most mail to arrive in 3 days or more, how do we get that? We're not getting it from the correctly addressed mail, since nearly all of that is arriving within 2 days. So, that most must be coming from the other category, namely incorrectly addressed mail. This is what (D) gives us.

(A) is tricky but essentially unsupported. We know most correctly addressed mail arrives within 2 days. As for the part of that which is damaged, we have no clue - it might be a large part. Just because the correctly-addressed mail that takes longer is damaged doesn't mean that which is damaged will definitely take longer.

(B) is possible, but not assured. It might be that one incorrectly addressed letter arrives within two days!

(C) is tempting, since we need a lot of incorrectly-addressed mail to arrive late, however there could be A LOT of incorrectly-addressed mail, let's say 80% of all mail, and even if only 30% of it was squeaking in within two days, that would be 24% of all mail, more than the 20% of correctly-addressed mail.

(E) is unsupported - we don't know a thing about the relative amounts of mail that takes 3 days, 4 days, etc.

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2014, 09:27
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Or this one

Quote:
1. " nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination within two business days of being sent."

***so lets say of the 100 correctly addressed mail, nearly all arrive within 2 business days. = 99 out of 100***

2." in fact, correctly addressed mail takes longer than this only when it is damaged in transit"

***then there is only 1 out of 100 that is correctly addressed but arrives after 2 days because it was damaged in transit***

3. " overall, however most mail arrives three business days or more after being sent."

*** then the sent mail has to be at least more than 200, lets say 250. if it were less than 200 the correctly addressed and incorrectly addressed would be even (100 and 100). But since most mail arrives after 3 days this cannot be. So the correctly addressed is 100/250 and incorrectly addressed is 150/250.

150>100 and (D) is the correct answer. " A large portion of the mail is incorrectly addressed.

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 49

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 05:08
souvik101990 wrote:

Narrowed to C and D.
Chosen D.
I discarded C because
A(correctly addressed)----------->b(TWO business days)
BUT in c,
b(arrived in two business days)------------->(correctly addressed)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 49

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 76

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2015, 09:55
BM wrote:
I chose the wrong answer on this one. But I now see why the answer is D.

CA mail consists of two groups: (1) damaged and (2) not damaged mail. At any rate, nearly all of the CA mail arrives at its destination within 2 days. However, Since most of the mail takes longer, it must be the case that the it is not addressed correctly.

So, is it the case that 'All mails' is the Super-set here and the 'correctly addressed mails' is a subset of it? And, the Must be true part focuses on the super-set related premise, i.e.
Overall, however, most mail arrives three business days or more after being sent.
making

A large proportion of mail is incorrectly addressed

the correct answer.

Since most mails arrive in 3 business days or more, we can conclude that they are incorrectly addressed (based on the earlier premise.)

Please correct me if there is any gap in my understanding.

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 76

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2015, 23:22
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

A. A large proportion of the mail that is correctly addressed is damaged in transit.

B. No incorrectly addressed mail arrives within two business days of being sent.

C. Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed.

D. A large proportion of mail is incorrectly addressed.

E. More mail arrives within two business days of being sent than arrives between two and three business days after being sent.

My GMAT Resources

My MBA Resources

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Retired Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 905 [0], given: 75

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2015, 22:01
Here is my analysis

A. A large proportion of the mail that is correctly addressed is damaged in transit.........may or may not be. cannot be inferred.

B. No incorrectly addressed mail arrives within two business days of being sent......we have no info regarding incorrectly addressed mails arrival.

E. More mail arrives within two business days of being sent than arrives between two and three business days after being sent........cannot be inferred. new info

Now between options C and D

C. Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed...........this must be true as there is no other way it can be false.

D. A large proportion of mail is incorrectly addressed........since most mail arrive late the reasons may vary. A large portion of mail can be either incorrectly addressed or damages during transit. I feel we cannot infer the this statement as this is must be true question.

can someone please explain?

The only time you can lose is when you give up. Try hard and you will suceed.
Thanks = Kudos. Kudos are appreciated

http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-in-verbal-gmat-forum-134642.html
When you post a question Pls. Provide its source & TAG your questions
Avoid posting from unreliable sources.

My posts
http://gmatclub.com/forum/beauty-of-coordinate-geometry-213760.html#p1649924
http://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-march-april-gmat-takers-who-want-to-cross-213154.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/possessive-pronouns-200496.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/double-negatives-206717.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-greatest-integer-function-223595.html#p1721773
https://gmatclub.com/forum/improve-reading-habit-233410.html#p1802265

Kudos [?]: 905 [0], given: 75

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 349

Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 11:35
souvik101990 wrote:

A. A large proportion of the mail that is correctly addressed is damaged in transit.

B. No incorrectly addressed mail arrives within two business days of being sent.

C. Most mail that arrives within two business days of being sent is correctly addressed.

D. A large proportion of mail is incorrectly addressed.

E. More mail arrives within two business days of being sent than arrives between two and three business days after being sent.

A. We don't know anything about proportions. May it is incorrect mail that is damaged
B.No. If mail is damaged it takes more than two days to arrive. But we don't know how long does it take for incorrectly addressed mail to reach destination
C. Since we don't know how long does it take for incorrectly addressed mail to reach we can't say anything about most mail
D.Correct.
E. We don't know anything about numbers.

"Are you gangsters?" - "No we are Russians!"

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 349

Re: Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2016, 11:35

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 52 posts ] 

Nearly all mail that is correctly addressed arrives at its destination

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap