It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 03:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice on wether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 (IR 3)

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Need advice on wether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 (IR 3) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 04:58
Hi Folks,

This is my GMAT score report (19/09/2017):

Q48 (69 percentile)
V35 (76 percentile)
IR3 (26 percentile)

I have decided to give the GMAT again, because I think I can get a 700+ score.
I need advice on whether to cancel my current score. I am afraid that my quant and IR percentile will look bad on my profile.
I am aware that a score of >4 is a must on IR when you are aiming for the top 25 universities.
I am confident that I will get a score more than 3 on the IR (I have been scoring 8 in all mocks), but I am not confident whether I will be able to explain my score of 3 to the adcoms :? .
So should I cancel my current score? If not then how bad will my current score look on my profile?
Also I have 72 hours to cancel my score :roll:
Your advice will be much appreciated.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 29 Jun 2017
Posts: 347

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 64

WE: Engineering (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Need advice on wether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 (IR 3) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 12:59
masu4 wrote:
Hi Folks,

This is my GMAT score report (19/09/2017):

Q48 (69 percentile)
V35 (76 percentile)
IR3 (26 percentile)

I have decided to give the GMAT again, because I think I can get a 700+ score.
I need advice on whether to cancel my current score. I am afraid that my quant and IR percentile will look bad on my profile.
I am aware that a score of >4 is a must on IR when you are aiming for the top 25 universities.
I am confident that I will get a score more than 3 on the IR (I have been scoring 8 in all mocks), but I am not confident whether I will be able to explain my score of 3 to the adcoms :? .
So should I cancel my current score? If not then how bad will my current score look on my profile?
Also I have 72 hours to cancel my score :roll:
Your advice will be much appreciated.



Dont cancel the score -> If you get for eg: 740 or 750 whatever may be -> this 690 to what ever you improve say 740 so you can show 50 point improvement to colleges.
This is what i feel.
Rest depends on person to person.
_________________

Give Kudos for correct answer and/or if you like the solution.

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 64

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15599

Kudos [?]: 28558 [0], given: 5115

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need advice on wether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 (IR 3) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 13:12
masu4 wrote:
Hi Folks,

This is my GMAT score report (19/09/2017):

Q48 (69 percentile)
V35 (76 percentile)
IR3 (26 percentile)

I have decided to give the GMAT again, because I think I can get a 700+ score.
I need advice on whether to cancel my current score. I am afraid that my quant and IR percentile will look bad on my profile.
I am aware that a score of >4 is a must on IR when you are aiming for the top 25 universities.
I am confident that I will get a score more than 3 on the IR (I have been scoring 8 in all mocks), but I am not confident whether I will be able to explain my score of 3 to the adcoms :? .
So should I cancel my current score? If not then how bad will my current score look on my profile?
Also I have 72 hours to cancel my score :roll:
Your advice will be much appreciated.


Please do not double-post. It is not nice and it is against our rules....
https://gmatclub.com/forum/need-advice- ... l#p1928485
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28558 [0], given: 5115

Re: Need advice on wether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 (IR 3)   [#permalink] 20 Sep 2017, 13:12
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Need advice on wether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 (IR 3)

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.