It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 15:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice on whether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 [b](IR 3)[/b]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Need advice on whether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 [b](IR 3)[/b] [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 05:17
Hi Folks,

This is my GMAT score report (19/09/2017):

Q48 (69 percentile)
V35 (76 percentile)
IR3 (26 percentile)

I have decided to give the GMAT again, because I think I can get a 700+ score.
I need advice on whether to cancel my current score. I am afraid that my quant and IR percentile will look bad on my profile.
I am aware that a score of >4 is a must on IR when you are aiming for the top 25 universities.
I am confident that I will get a score more than 3 on the IR (I have been scoring 8 in all mocks), but I am not confident whether I will be able to explain my score of 3 to the adcoms :? .
So should I cancel my current score? If not then how bad will my current score look on my profile?
Also I have 72 hours to cancel my score :roll:
Your advice will be much appreciated.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28476 [2], given: 5105

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need advice on whether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 [b](IR 3)[/b] [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 05:53
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
There is no harm in canceling since you can always resurrect your score for an extra $$
I would not even clog your mind with this question. If you do worse in the next attempt, you can cancel next score and reinstate this one.

BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28476 [2], given: 5105

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 418

GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.48
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Need advice on whether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 [b](IR 3)[/b] [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 16:13
I think without knowing more about your candidacy profile, cancelling a score as good as 690 is not a logical decision.
Keeping the score i think will be helpful and shows that you are a high achieving person. Even though you got a 690 in your first try, you didn't accept it is your level and therefore aimed for higher.
At the end of the day, it is your decision.

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 418

Re: Need advice on whether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 [b](IR 3)[/b]   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2017, 16:13

Need advice on whether to cancel my GMAT score of 690 [b](IR 3)[/b]

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap