Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:43 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 430 [0]
Given Kudos: 1196
Concentration: General Management, Economics
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Profile Review Request [#permalink]
Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your time and for providing me with such valuable feedback. As you had asked about my GPA which was not mentioned in my profile. Here are a few things I want to mention about my educational background:

Post-Graduation: PGDHRM in Human Resources from Symbiosis Pune University in 2007- GPA : 3

Graduation: B.Com (Pass) from Delhi University, Maitreyi College in 2000 - GPA: 2

I know that my under graduation GPA is not so competitive enough. So, to offset this I should aim for a higher Gmat score of at least 760. As I am preparing for this test since 2019 and will appear before Round 1.

As suggested by you I will definitely opt for one year MBA program which is supposed to be good for me.
Besides, this I will also enroll in some short-term quant courses to demonstrate my quant skills.

Once more thank you so much for your insightful feedback.
Thanks!
Director
Director
Send PM
poojaarora1818 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian female with a non-technical background and 10 years of work experience in the HR domain. I want to pursue a two-year MBA Program in the US. Would my application be considered for the same? Also, is age a constraint while applying to any regular program especially if you are on the higher side of it?

Please advise.

Professional Experience:

Student at
Target Test Prep
Sep 2021 - Present
Preparing for Gmat Exam in 2019

Career Break
Jul 2015 - Jul 2019
Due to some personal reasons and Medical Problems, I had to quit my last full-time job with Emaar MGF. Right now, I am preparing for a competition exam to develop my Managerial and Soft skills and get my career path in place.

1 Worked with Surya Divine Homes as a Freelancer in recruitment from Feb 2018-March 2018

Key Responsibilities Area

 Responsible for hiring the front Direct Sales Candidates through the Naukri.com portal and other social media.

2 Worked with EMAAR MGF LAND PVT LTD as HR Advisor from July 2014 – June 2015

Key Responsibilities Areas

 Involved in Talent Acquisition process by maintaining 100% sourcing through various job portals, and references and ensuring that reference check is to be done and parity sheet to be made before issuing offer letter.
 Responsible for Employee Engagement activities as per the engagement calendar. Was engaged in Blood Donation Activity and had organized birthday parties and other activities like Yoga, dancing, and music classes considering both organizational needs and interests of employees.
 Had supported the payroll and compensation process like submission of challans and returns on time.
 Engaged in Talent Retention Process too.
 Had the experience of preparing SOPs and had worked on JDs for different levels and departments.

Achievements

 Had initiated the Full & Final process which had been pending since the year 2008 by preparing the analysis report by coordinating with different departments.

3 Worked with RELIANCE COMMUNICATION in MIS Operations cum HR from August 2009 to Sept 2012

 Scheduling roistering and generating performance reports for the sales team.
 Also involved in scheduling interviews and conducting tests for the short-listed candidates which includes sales and services profile.
 Responsible for organizing the training program for the shortlisted candidates through virtual classroom teachings.
 Holding experience in handling various software portals like I Care, Verify, and Simplify which were being used by the operations team in doing sales and providing services to the customers.
 Ability to support and facilitate MIS/HR activities.
 Also, know the 5 S’s.

Achievements

 Had created 48 IDs for various retail stores to facilitate the sales and services process.

4 Worked with OLD WORLD HOSPITALITY PVT. LTD. From February 2008 to Dec 2008 as Assistant Manager in HR

 Responsible for handling recruitments of various departments with more than 1000 employees through various job portals and consultants.
 Coordinating with different departments and conducting interviews and responsible for issuing Offer letters, Appointment letters, and doing other joining formalities too.
 Besides these responsibilities also responsible for taking Induction sessions.
 Responsible for designing Induction schedules for new joiners and thereafter preparing Orientation schedules too.
 Responsible for the preparation of the Training Calendar and Monthly Presentation about the Training Department.
 Besides above all, was involved in doing various Welfare Activities like taking employees to picnic spots, organizing movies, etc.
 Involved in conducting Exit Interviews of the employees and preparing the analysis report at the end. This was done to stream lined the things thereafter.

Achievements

 Able to recruit 20-25 candidates daily for various departments.as per their requirement.
 Ability to conduct Induction Sessions which include 20-30 new joiners.

5 Worked in Shyam Telecom Ltd. as HR Executive from March 2005 to February 2008

 Involved in Recruitment.
 Handled the computation & release of Wages & Salaries of employees. Ensured compliance with statutory regulations like PF, ESI, and medical cover for the employees.
 Involved in the calculation of Bonus and leave encashment of employees.
 Coordinating in the formulation and implementation of increment, incentive, and other remuneration policies.
 Supervising activities of the Time Office and maintenance of attendance and leave records, necessary for processing payrolls of employees.

Achievements

Involved in Salary Process, Bonus Calculation, Leave Encashment and Statutory Compliances of various regions.

6 Worked with THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA in Back Office Operations from Sept 2003 to Dec. 2004

 Responsible for HR-related formalities which include maintaining Employee’s Personal Files, Leave Records, completing HR formalities on joining of a new employee, and attending to other requirements such as updating Turnaround Documents.
 Responsible for other data entries like FA entries, entries related to Lending, and other accounting functions.
 Responsible for maintaining various MIS Reports.
 Preparation of F/T Reconciliation of all branches.
 Had handled Customer complaints and other formalities like issuing NOCs and other documents like account statements etc.
 Was responsible for monitoring day-to-day administration tasks.

Achievements

 Able to capture various data entries in Finnacle software.
 Also responsible for sending various MIS reports to the Mumbai branch weekly.

7 Worked with Scotia Mocatta (a subsidiary of Bank of Nova Scotia) in Back Office Operations from April 2003 to June 2003

 Involved daily transactions related to the buying and selling of gold and silver to the buyers.
 Preparing MIS reports and Balance sheets daily and reporting to the Mumbai branch.
 Also involved in the Bond cancellation process of both Gold and Silver.

Educational Qualifications

Post-Graduation: PGDHRM in Human Resources from Symbiosis Pune University in 2007

Graduation: B.Com (Pass) from Delhi University, Maitreyi College in 2000

Senior Secondary: CBSE from Cambridge, Delhi in 1997

Secondary: CBSE from Cambridge, Delhi in 1995

Professional Qualifications

 Completed E-commerce from Big Leap Academy (Formally Known as EL-Net 3L Academy) in 2001.

Target Gmat Score 760

Schools want to apply

1 Foster Business School for 2 years Regular MBA Program
2 UNC Kenan Flagler for two years MBA Program
3 Haas School of Business UC Berkley For two year MBA Program
4 UCLA Anderson for two years MBA Program
5 NYU for two years MBA Program
6  Kelly School of Business (Indiana University) two-year MBA Program

Post-MBA goal- To get into non-profit organizations like the World Bank.

Thanks in Advance!­

­Based upon the above professional information I have made a few changes regarding the selection of the universities. I have opted for Public universities over Private universities in the US. I would appreciate it if you could pls guide me on whether the selection of my universities based on the funding constraints is correct.

Please advise accordingly.

Thank you,
Pooja
Director
Director
Send PM
Profile Review Request [#permalink]
mbaMissionMichael, Please take your precious time and address my doubts about the University selection process. Besides, all this I have a serious concern about my non-maths background. As you had advised me earlier I should opt for short-term courses in maths like Calculus and Statistics. Should I go for the courses from the MBA Maths website or does GMAC also offer a few such short-term courses? Which one should I go for?  Lastly, I want to understand whether students who are in touch with Adcoms and Alumni receive interview invites. Is it true? I know your time is precious, I urge you to provide some feedback on this.

Thank you,
Pooja­
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Pooja,

I feel that your school selection looks good, given that you have a range of schools, from top 10 to top 25. They are all competitive, but at least some are more competitive than others. (Whether they are public or private is not very relevant and should not factor into your decision to apply.)
As for a supplemental course, I would not advise MBA Math, and instead suggest a course where you can earn a letter grade (as opposed to pass/fail), such as Stats or Calculus, or even Accounting or Economics.
Lastly, as part of your application, if you can illustrate that you have done your research and spoken to AdCom and students/alumni, then that will show the school that you truly are interested in going there specifically. This school engagement will be a plus on your application, and it can make a slight difference.

Good luck to you!­
Director
Director
Send PM
­mbaMissionMichael Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I would look into every aspect that is essential for my application process.
Thanks again for your good wishes. But in the future, if I require further guidance I will reach out to you soon.

Thank you,
Pooja
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Seeking feedback on my profile. Would appreciate your insights to enhance it. Ready to refine and stand out. Your constructive critique is invaluable. Thank you!
Moderator:
1452 posts