Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 11:44 It is currently 10 May 2024, 11:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 2.8
WE:Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7654 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 390 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Schools: HEC CBS '23 EDHEC
GPA: 2.95
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: Need help improving quant (Q35 - Q34 - Q32) [#permalink]
Go for Target test prep.
It is the best Quant course for GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hi!! thank you all so much for your answers.

Let me quickly reply to CrackVerbalGMAT

(1) How good are you with all the Quants concepts? Have you prepared the concepts with questions corresponding to them? Do you still need to go back to concept videos/notes while stuck at any question?

I feel very confident with the quant concepts. I´ve solved over 200 problems on each topic, to me the most challenging section is work/rate problems because those problems usually take me a long time. Also I´m weak in algebra and i can´t seem to improve.

(2)How much "effective" time of studies do you invest on Quants over weekdays and weekends?

Maybe 1 to 2 hours a day in weekdays and 2 to 3 over weekends

(3)How many questions on an average you solve daily in Quants? How many of them are 700+?

In average 15 to 20 a day. Mostly 500 and 600 lvl. Roughly 10% 700+

(4)Do you invest good time of thinking on the questions that you could not do or do you google them after 5-10min of trying?

Yes, I usually read gmatclub expert explanations on difficult problems

(5)Have you jotted down your strong areas in Quants and do you invest relatively more time on them?

I do a mix of the OG problems, I don´t focus on specific topics

(6)Do you use a timer based practice?

Yes, I use a timer for each problem I solve

(7)How often do you revise? Do you incorporate questions specifically 700+ when you revise?

I do a general revision after every study session. I don´t incorporate 700+ when revising. I just review mistakes and read explanations

(8)Have you done an error analysis of your mocks and OG?

Yes, I keep track of my mistakes in an error log. I have analysed each mistake
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22184 [2]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Dina89,

I'm sorry to hear how things have been going with your GMAT. The good news is that many folks come to us after months of unsuccessful GMAT prep and have been able to turn things around when using TTP. That said, a month is likely going to be a bit tight for you; however, why don't you sign up for the trial to TTP, reach out to us directly, and we can have a very "real" conversation regarding what it may take to reach your GMAT score goal. If you have any additional questions between now and then, feel free to reach out.

Let's do this!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7654 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Top Contributor
Dina89 wrote:
Hi!! thank you all so much for your answers.

Let me quickly reply to CrackVerbalGMAT

(1) How good are you with all the Quants concepts? Have you prepared the concepts with questions corresponding to them? Do you still need to go back to concept videos/notes while stuck at any question?

I feel very confident with the quant concepts. I´ve solved over 200 problems on each topic, to me the most challenging section is work/rate problems because those problems usually take me a long time. Also I´m weak in algebra and i can´t seem to improve.

(2)How much "effective" time of studies do you invest on Quants over weekdays and weekends?

Maybe 1 to 2 hours a day in weekdays and 2 to 3 over weekends

(3)How many questions on an average you solve daily in Quants? How many of them are 700+?

In average 15 to 20 a day. Mostly 500 and 600 lvl. Roughly 10% 700+

(4)Do you invest good time of thinking on the questions that you could not do or do you google them after 5-10min of trying?

Yes, I usually read gmatclub expert explanations on difficult problems

(5)Have you jotted down your strong areas in Quants and do you invest relatively more time on them?

I do a mix of the OG problems, I don´t focus on specific topics

(6)Do you use a timer based practice?

Yes, I use a timer for each problem I solve

(7)How often do you revise? Do you incorporate questions specifically 700+ when you revise?

I do a general revision after every study session. I don´t incorporate 700+ when revising. I just review mistakes and read explanations

(8)Have you done an error analysis of your mocks and OG?

Yes, I keep track of my mistakes in an error log. I have analysed each mistake

Hi Dina89
We appreciate the necessary inputs that you have provided us. We are creating a customised response to your needs here.

(1)According to the inputs provided, you seem to be confident about the concepts and hence the base of the prep is well covered. We strongly suggest that you jot down the different areas of Quants and do so in a descending order of your strength in the topics. Pls make sure that you DO NOT miss any questions from any difficulty level from those areas. (There certainly can be some extremely challenging ones, but you must try to keep the error count extremely low in these STRONG areas)

(2)In the areas, that you are not very comfortable with, reboot, start revisiting the concepts and build them up with questions above 650+ from those areas specifically. Build on this regularly. Start increasing on the difficulty levels as you feel more comfortable.

(3)We suggest you to increase the 700+ questions in your practice to at least a 25-30%.This will help you think with different solving approaches and questions above 600/650 will seem to no longer bother you. For example if you are solving 12 Quant questions, please incorporate 3/4 700+ in the practice.

(4)We also suggest that the process of Revision can be divided in two parts.

(i) Read the notes/flash cards for the week, review mistakes, read explanations.
(ii)Incorporate 650-700+ questions from those areas which you have practiced over a span of 6 days to wrap up on them.

(5)Pls take quizzes and mocks.

(6)Create a study plan for the attempt and stick to it! Do not be distracted and do not procrastinate.

(7)If you find difficulty in any topic, take assistance/guidance and have your doubts cleared earliest.

That said, we know that if you are dedicated enough, you shall make it and we shall be happiest congratulating you!
You may always connect back with us for any assistance/help.

All the very best!
Devmitra Sen (GMAT Quant Expert)
GMAT Club Bot