Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 2.84
WE:Supply Chain Management (Other)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 2.84
WE:Supply Chain Management (Other)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Need help with profile evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Vignicius wrote:
Dear Jon Frank,

First of all, thanks a lot for the reply and all the tips that you gave me. About the GMAT, I am really working hard at this time to get a pretty nice score. As you said I hope for the best-case scenario. Talking about the military training, I had to drop the school on the second year (4 year train.) because I got admitted by one of the best mechanical engineering schools in Brazil. Although I decided to drop it, I was still classified as a third sergeant of the Brazilian Military Air Force. I have to admit that it was a tough decision to take with only 19 years old, but at that time It looked like the right thing to do. Nowadays, I am pretty sure that I made the right decision.

Thinking about the worst case scenario, I mean, if I don’t improve my GMAT score do I have any chance at one of the schools that I mentioned? Should I try or is it better to retake the GMAT and start thinking about next year? I am a little bit worried about the age limit.

Best regards,

Vignicius.

Dear Vignicius,
Well, it all depends on how much you CAN get. My thought is that you will only do this ONCE, so you'd better do it the best you can. And here patience pays off. Don't apply to Bschool with anything less than your best possible GMAT. Anything less, and you sell yourself short. One more year or not will make less of a difference than WHICH school you get into. And THAT will happen in function of your GMAT (As well as everything else of course).

So right now, this is your number 1 priority, even if you have to retake the test three more times. As for "Worst-case scenario" it would be you applying with the score you have now, because you feel rushed.

So don't fall into temptation! :)

And best of luck on your retake!

Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts