GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Mar 2019, 20:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need some inputs on CV

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.6
Need some inputs on CV  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2019, 05:00
Hi All,
What’s the best format for CV writing. My CV is 4 pages now.
Is one page CV best for the admissions. If yes, let me know if there are any templates.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests
Re: Need some inputs on CV  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 04:24
mbapharma wrote:
Hi All,
Is one page CV best for the admissions. If yes, let me know if there are any templates.

Thanks

Yes you should keep as short as possible. 1-2 pages are good. Don't exaggerate. For the format, you need to create it yourself. Don't go for any random website to get a computerised CV/Resumé, these resumé look good but are difficult to skim through the information. Mention everything that display your strength at top, and least important information at the bottom.

Do not forget to mention your contact info, address and signature with date.
Intern
Intern
B
Need some inputs on CV  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 00:12
UdayPratapSingh99 wrote:
mbapharma wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks

Yes you should keep as short as possible. 1-2 pages are good. Don't exaggerate. For the format, you need to create it yourself. Don't go for any random website to get a computerised CV/Resumé, these resumé look good but are difficult to skim through the information. Mention everything that display your strength at top, and least important information at the bottom.

Do not forget to mention your contact info, address and signature with date.

The rule is usually 1 page for every 10 years of work experience. I would recommend going to a consulting prep company website (e.g. management consulted) for a template. There should be plenty free resources available, including guides of how to layout the information and structure the details for every item.
Intern
Intern
Re: Need some inputs on CV  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 23:47
Writing a good curriculum vitae is the entry point for an interview. It is through an inspiring CV that people convince latent employers that they are the right fit for the company or to the advertised post. Many people write general resumes that do not show up their skills. Creating an imposing CV is not a hard task. But one needs to be well aware of one’s strengths to be able to do that. CV must be written so well that employers should come to know about the candidates’ merits and strengths and they should feel like hiring them. Let us take a look at the best five tips of making a best CV for an interview.
Begin with name and contact details: Your name and contact details should be available in the beginning of the CV. It should contain your postal address in full along with the PIN code, email address and phone number which should preferably be your mobile phone number. If a company wants to talk with you about vacancies or any such info these details are needed. If this info is hidden somewhere inside the CV your chances of getting a call letter for interview are very few. It will also put the employers off.
Write an appealing career summary: This section is a vital part of any CV since this is what draws a latent employer’s attention towards a candidate. Everything else written in a CV should be kind of the career details. If there is anything in a CV which does not support career details. The applicant should give it a second thought as in whether to include it in the CV or not. This section in the CV should include your skills, outlook, knowledge and practice. It can be written in a paragraph of 30 to 40 words or in points. The method is left to the applicants’ discretion. But this most vital part of the CV should be written well. Whatever a candidate wants to sell to the future employer should figure in this section. But it should not upset the employers.
Re: Need some inputs on CV   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2019, 23:47

Need some inputs on CV

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap