Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 07:11 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [10]
Given Kudos: 179
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22070 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72899 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 775 [0]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
Re: Never lose hope. GMAT done and dusted. Got happily admitted. :) [#permalink]
Well done Prasannathawait . All the best for your future endeavours.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4099 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Never lose hope. GMAT done and dusted. Got happily admitted. :) [#permalink]
Congratulations Prasannathawait :)
wish you all the best for future...
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1813 [0]
Given Kudos: 763
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
4 out of 6. Awesome work Prasannathawait :)
Congratulations..!! :thumbsup:
Where are you joining if you don't mind
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 991 [0]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
Send PM
Prasannathawait

Congratulations man!!

We have interacted a bit on the forum but reading the conclusion to one's journey is always the best part to read.

I am actually interested in knowing which college are you going to? :)
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GRE 1: Q166 V159

GRE 2: Q165 V156

GRE 3: Q166 V159
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Thank You Prassana for the debrief!

Many congratulations on the same and best of luck for all future endeavors!

I also have a background in Power Plant designing with 4 years of experience and I would like to be in touch with you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Dude congrats ,what is your break up score?
Prasannathawait wrote:
"It might seem impossible until it's done."

At the beginning of my journey, when I thought about studying and acing the school admissions process, it felt unattainable for me. I was working at a power plant for the past 6 years, lost touch from studies altogether. I had to go work 6 days a week in three different shifts, which get rotated every 2days. Due to these irregularities in sleep schedules, it was challenging for me to focus on my studies. But then one of my seniors gave me a brilliant piece of advice that " Try and fail but never fail to try." These words sparked the energy in me, and then I pledged to myself that I will work at my full capacity to get into the bschool.

I started by getting the idea about GMAT and the overall process of a bschool application. I read the OG theory, refreshed myself with some basic concepts for a few days, and then attempted to write the first GMAT mock. I got shattered by seeing my first ever score of 340. I told myself that it might seem improbable now, but eventually, I will get better.

Free webinars on youtube really helped me then in this journey. At this point, I needed a strategy to move forward. I watched free videos by CrackVerbal, e-gmat, Veritas Prep, Wizako, Prep Scholar GMAT, Manhattan prep, and few more. Thank you to all the test prep companies. I have to mention GMATNinja videos on youtube. They are gems.

I started with understanding the theory first. I used Manhatten guides for all the verbal prep, and for quant, I used the Gmat club math guide. I started solving questions and was getting used to the pattern of all sections. I used to devote 4 hours of my life daily without fail. Then I gave 3 mock tests to gauge myself, and I got around 550. January came, and I decided to write the actual GMAT exam without the confidence of getting a good score. As expected, the score was 440. I was unhappy, but then I recalled all that happened in those 3 hours. I knew that I had to work on concepts as well as timing both.

I came home, and I took a GMAT official mock but in an UNTIMED way. I paused after every question and then tried to solve it. I got a 740 in that exam. That is an incorrect way to write the exam, but that gave me some confidence that I have to practice more, understand the concepts, and review my answers efficiently. Then I moved away from the self-study mode and subscribed to the Experts Global and took the complete Gmat program. The tutor Mayank was great, and I benefitted from that course. After months of practice and dedication, I wrote the GMAT again in May. By this time I started getting around 620 in the mocks. But again, GMAT thrashed me by giving me a 540.

The applications were about to start, and I was nowhere in the range of my desired score. Then I used the Gmat Club to solve questions, and I reviewed them thoroughly. I revised the manhattan guides and Gmatclub guides again. I used the Gmatclub notes option to write all the mistakes that I make. For verbal, I didn't move forward until I got the crux of the question pattern and made sure I understand completely. For quant, I needed more practice and the ability to think fast to get to the answer in the avg 2min time frame. Came October, and I wrote my GMAT. This time I got a 640, but then as my application deadlines were coming, I decided that I will move with this score only.

I applied to 6 bschools. After going through the application process and many interviews, I got selected to 4 bschools. Yes, I had to reevaluate the choice of schools according to their average GMAT score. Finally, now I am into one of the top bschools in India. My dream of doing an MBA is about to be true. :)

For many people, this post might not be great nor my score, but still, I am happy with my admit, and that is why I want to share my happiness with all of you guys. Thank you, GMAT club. Thank you, bb. Thank you, GmatNinja. :please:

440 to 640: My GMAT journey is over now. :)

Few tips that I would like to point out:
1) Take the help of a prep course if you feel because it can save money that you might lose by multiple attempts. Try various courses and choose whichever you like.
2) Don't leave the strategy part as, along with knowledge, the strategy is also essential.
3) Have faith in yourself, be persistent, and don't lose hope until you get your goal.

Prasanna :)

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 991 [1]
Given Kudos: 421
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V27
Send PM
Kudos
Staphyk wrote:
Dude congrats ,what is your break up score?

Staphyk

https://gmatclub.com/forum/440-to-640-t ... l#p2385859
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts