Last visit was: 01 Jun 2024, 00:47 It is currently 01 Jun 2024, 00:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 34483 [0]
Given Kudos: 5807
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1115 [0]
Given Kudos: 1761
GPA: 4
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Re: Nov 7 Chat with ARINGO: Should I apply to MBA during R2 or wait for R1 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you ARINGO for joining, Let’s start the session

Welcome Everyone! To the live chat

You can start asking your questions
Send PM
Re: Nov 7 Chat with ARINGO: Should I apply to MBA during R2 or wait for R1 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Ask me anything :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 122
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37 (Online)
GPA: 3.69
WE:Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hi ..Thank you for having this session.. would really like to get your opinion on should I apply in R2 or should wait for next year.

I am unsure because I have been scoring around 650 to 680 on official GMAT mock and have yet to start on drafting the essays.

Following are my profile details :
Nationality : Indian
GPA : 6.4 (Scale of 7)/ Business Graduate
Work Ex : 6 years in Ersnt and Young, Business Consulting (Tech Sector)
Target School : Haas , UCLA , McCombs , Fosters and Tepper
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V33 (Online)
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Is there any issue if I apply in Round 3?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Applicant4991 wrote:
Hi ..Thank you for having this session.. would really like to get your opinion on should I apply in R2 or should wait for next year.

I am unsure because I have been scoring around 650 to 680 on official GMAT mock and have yet to start on drafting the essays.

Hi, I still dont know enough about you, but the time is very short for a GMAT, TOEFL (Indian applicants need one for UCLA!), and writing amazing apps. addtionally, your chances are quite low in these schoos, with a lower than 700 GMAT... so, I think you should spend your time on this, take the exam a few times, and maximize your score here (even if you take it 5 times)
and apply in R1 next year...
sorry of this is bad news...

Once you complete your GMAT, feel free to share your CV, GMAT score, school wish list and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com and I will try and assess yoru chances there, deal?
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Question ......... Is it possible to apply using cat scores for mba online?
Send PM
Expert Reply
CAUS wrote:
Is there any issue if I apply in Round 3?

Hi, I don’t know if you are a domestic or international candidate? In general, for domestic candidates, the chances in R3 are lower than in R1 and R2. but for international candidates, the chances are MUCH lower in R3 than in R1 or R2.

The above is only for US schools. for EU schools, where there are more rounds than 3, R3 is usually fine... as long as it is not the last round ... (so R3 at INSEAD or Cambridge or HEC are fine)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
Applicant4991 wrote:

Hi, I still dont know enough about you, but the time is very short for a GMAT, TOEFL (Indian applicants need one for UCLA!), and writing amazing apps. addtionally, your chances are quite low in these schoos, with a lower than 700 GMAT... so, I think you should spend your time on this, take the exam a few times, and maximize your score here (even if you take it 5 times)
and apply in R1 next year...
sorry of this is bad news...

Once you complete your GMAT, feel free to share your CV, GMAT score, school wish list and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com and I will try and assess yoru chances there, deal?
Thank you so much for the advice... will defiantly get in touch with you once I have my official score (hopefully above 700) !!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question ......... Is it possible to apply using cat scores for mba online?

no. you will need a GMAT or GRE (or EA) for most universities and MBA programs. naturally, I don’t have info on every single MBA, but most do not accept CAT scores... some offer GMAT-Waivers this year (due to COVID) and some of those may accept CAT scores... but not many
you can see the list of top MBAs that offer GMAT-waivers here:https://www.aringo.com/more-top-mba-programs-are-offering-gmat-waivers/
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Question ............ For MIM and MBA courses in Canadian universities, What is the selection rate?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 238
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
R1 applications deadline for major US universities falls in which month (approx)? I know for ISB it is mid of September. (Pardon me for a noob question)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question ............ For MIM and MBA courses in Canadian universities, What is the selection rate?
Top Canadian schools are picky they get many candidates, so for MIM, you will have to have great academics nice extra-curricular, some business experience, and a high GMAT...

Roy867 wrote:
R1 applications deadline for major US universities falls in which month (approx)? I know for ISB it is mid of September. (Pardon me for a noob question)

For US schools R1 = ~Sep, R2=Jan, R3=~Apr

Originally posted by ARINGO on 07 Nov 2021, 09:40.
Last edited by ARINGO on 07 Nov 2021, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
which is the best source to see b-schools rankings? (i am talking about all schools in USA and Europe)
Can anyone assess my profile:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Would really appreciate some guidance on what things I can do till next year (apart from getting a great GMAT score) to improve admission chances in Top 20 US MBA schools
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT-760, Work in Social nonprofit organization for 2 years, Now CO FOUNDER AGRITECH, Non branded state level university Undergrad, in 2010 and Again second undergrad Business analytics(2021), GPA in second undergrad 85% , Experience 7 year , Age 28 … I want to apply in next year round 1 . Problems- Age will be 29 and first undergrad completed in 2010
.( I completed my secondary education in 8 year through forward education system,) Kindly guide for next year R1 relevant in the term of age and first undergrad year..
Send PM
Expert Reply
howdoesitmatter wrote:
which is the best source to see b-schools rankings? (i am talking about all schools in USA and Europe)
you can see the MBA and business schools rankings on the ARINGO website, here:https://www.aringo.com/top-mba-program-rankings/
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4