GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 20:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

NUS vs UNC

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.84
Premium Member
NUS vs UNC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 05:31
Hi.

I did my engineering from University of Delhi and have been working with KPMG India in Management Consulting for a lil over 2.5 years.

Post MBA, I am looking forward to continue in Consulting and would want to work with a Top Tier consulting firm.

In the long term, I am flexible about geographies. But am inclined towards settling around India.

I have received 75% scholarship from UNC. On the cost front, NUS will be a little more expensive than UNC. However, the difference isn't significant.

I want to know how you think my experience will be different at the schools. Particularly, while keeping the job market in view.

Look forward to your opinions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Director
Director
G
Re: NUS vs UNC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 07:00
aditya1122 wrote:
Hi.

I did my engineering from University of Delhi and have been working with KPMG India in Management Consulting for a lil over 2.5 years.

Post MBA, I am looking forward to continue in Consulting and would want to work with a Top Tier consulting firm.

In the long term, I am flexible about geographies. But am inclined towards settling around India.

I have received 75% scholarship from UNC. On the cost front, NUS will be a little more expensive than UNC. However, the difference isn't significant.

I want to know how you think my experience will be different at the schools. Particularly, while keeping the job market in view.

I would go with NUS given you are inclined to come back and settle down in India. NUS is strong in consulting and will keep you in the same geography i.e within Asia.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.84
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 08:13
KS15 wrote:
aditya1122 wrote:
Hi.

I would go with NUS given you are inclined to come back and settle down in India. NUS is strong in consulting and will keep you in the same geography i.e within Asia.

Thank you for your response.

I wanted to know more about why you think NUS is strong in Consulting.
From the current students, I have got the feedback that finding an internship and job is really hard, unless I pick up a third language.
On the contrary, I have heard from students at UNC that finding a job is relatively easier. I understand that UNC has a different set of challenges for internationals now (including H1b)

This is perhaps the only key difference that is stopping me from making the decision. Your views on the job market will really help.
Thank you.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 03:06
NUS is a much bigger brand in India than UNC is. If you want to settle down in U.S then go with UNC as it is a top 20 school, else NUS is an easy choice. NUS has a strong alumni base in India and Asia, and a lot of its reputation comes from high ranking in Financial times which is heavily followed in Asia pacific as per GMAC.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: NUS vs UNC &nbs [#permalink] 11 Feb 2018, 03:06

NUS vs UNC

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, swbluedevil

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap