Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
corky wrote:
Reversemix- So I am guessing you did not apply for Spring 2008? Also you mean to say that NYU does not give a final notification about your application status? So they just leave you hanging in there? Man that would suck!

No, I didn't because I got the notification too late. They did give me a notification but it was really late. Also, a sternie friend of mine said that it's not a good idea to reapply unless you show significant improvement in some area such as being promoted at work or getting a higher GMAT score. On reapps, improvement from the previous app is very important.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For those who have been admitted, you should know that your official schedules have been posted. We've all made assumptions regarding our Core Groups based on earlier insights in this forum but if you go to the "How do I register link" in the New Student Tour now, your schedule is posted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
SternPT wrote:
For those who have been admitted, you should know that your official schedules have been posted. We've all made assumptions regarding our Core Groups based on earlier insights in this forum but if you go to the "How do I register link" in the New Student Tour now, your schedule is posted.

Stats in my first semester, yay! not :P

Anyone going to the PTLF retreat the weekend after Pre Term?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
So I finally received my background check verification email.

I got my acceptance notification on June 18, over two months ago.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
yowas, you and I must be in the same pile. I just received the same thing.
Anyone know which text book to buy?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
corky wrote:
pkmba congrats man. Which program were you accepted into?

thanks. Washington square Weeknights. my second preference.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bkk145 wrote:
yowas, you and I must be in the same pile. I just received the same thing.
Anyone know which text book to buy?

It depends on your core group/instructor. Visit https://w4.stern.nyu.edu/registrar/sched ... llPT1.html. Click on url under 'section' column to see the details.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I also (finally) received my Kroll verification this evening at about 5:30 PM. As others have said before, nice to (finally) feel like the application process is done with. I guess I can relax for 3 weeks or so until classes begin!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
pkmba, thanks for the info.

Question: Anyone attending the Langone Retreat? (I think someone asked this previously)

Moreover, I am a bit frustrated about lack of information from NYU. I found out about pre-pre-term, Langone Retreat, book information, etc. on my own and I am afraid I am missing something. Anyone feel the same? Am I the only one?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
bkk145 wrote:

Question: Anyone attending the Langone Retreat? (I think someone asked this previously)

Moreover, I am a bit frustrated about lack of information from NYU. I found out about pre-pre-term, Langone Retreat, book information, etc. on my own and I am afraid I am missing something. Anyone feel the same? Am I the only one?

I'm getting a ton of emails from NYU about this stuff. I have my NYU email forwarding to my work and personal email.

I bet if you check your NYU inbox, you'll see some of this stuff.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SO… I was Krolled yesterday as well. It only took two months and 2 days.

While I was pretty sure that everything would be OK, the ‘what ifs’ that can run through your mind are pretty terrible. I’m glad it’s done with.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
bkk145 wrote:

I'm getting a ton of emails from NYU about this stuff. I have my NYU email forwarding to my work and personal email.

I bet if you check your NYU inbox, you'll see some of this stuff.

I'm not sure how I can check my NYU inbox. I thought I couldn't until the first day of class as the new student tour says:
"Your Stern Email:
Your NetID will also be your Stern email account. All student email accounts are the NetID followed by @stern.nyu.edu. For example, if your NetID is wqc103, your Stern email account will be wqc103@stern.nyu.edu. Please note that you will not have access to your Stern email account until the first day of class. You will continue to receive all communication via the account that Admissions has on file for you. You will receive information regarding technology at Stern, including the use of your Stern email account, at Pre-Term."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Same here, received Kroll notification yesterday and was accepted on 6/18.

I think some people said to hold off on buying books until the first day of class, despire what the syllabi may say. Thoughts? I really want to get this out of the way and want to start scouring Amazon, etc. for deals b/c most text book resellers are notoriously late with shipping - I may have to suck it up and buy them after class starts (ugh).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:

I think some people said to hold off on buying books until the first day of class, despire what the syllabi may say. Thoughts? I really want to get this out of the way and want to start scouring Amazon, etc. for deals b/c most text book resellers are notoriously late with shipping - I may have to suck it up and buy them after class starts (ugh).

I was going to order this week. Why would we want to hold off?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oh, and congrats about Kroll.. I was wondering if you got yours with the rest of us.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:

FAQ on new student tour acutally suggests to buy books in advance:

When and where can I purchase my textbooks?
You will receive a receipt from the Stern Bursar confirming your course registration in the mail. You can then take this receipt to obtain your NYU ID card at the Card Center on 7 East 12th Street. Once you have your NYU ID card, visit the NYU Professional Bookstore online or in person to determine your required textbooks.

Please note: there will not be sufficient time to purchase books during Pre-Term weekend.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
I was going to order this week. Why would we want to hold off?

You know how it is...when you start class, suddenly professors can say "oh you don't even need that one" etc. And then you're stuck with an expensive book you don't need!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60