GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 21:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V37
GPA: 3.21
WE: Management Consulting (Investment Banking)
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 15:14
What's up everyone.

I submitted my app on February 4th, right before the Superbowl.

Stats: GMAT 640, GPA 3.2, 8 years total exp (Top 3 BB, Big 4 Consulting, Private Equity (Current)

Haven't heard back yet, application is under review per website.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 16:51
bmierz86 wrote:
What's up everyone.

Stats: GMAT 640, GPA 3.2, 8 years total exp (Top 3 BB, Big 4 Consulting, Private Equity (Current)

Good luck to everyone!

Just out of curiosity, what site are you looking at? I submitted on the same day, but I only see anything that says submitted, not under review. I wonder if there's a difference.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 19:25
grandturismo181 wrote:
bmierz86 wrote:
What's up everyone.

Good luck to everyone!

Just out of curiosity, what site are you looking at? I submitted on the same day, but I only see anything that says submitted, not under review. I wonder if there's a difference.

Posted from my mobile device

When you click on your submission, its the same page that has your application checklist, and allows you to upload more documents.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 08:01
bmierz86 wrote:
When you click on your submission, its the same page that has your application checklist, and allows you to upload more documents.

Mine still just says submitted, strange. I wonder if there's a function difference or if they just make random statuses until they have a decision for you.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 08:18
grandturismo181 wrote:
bmierz86 wrote:

Mine still just says submitted, strange. I wonder if there's a function difference or if they just make random statuses until they have a decision for you.

Mine said submitted to but last week it changed to under review. I assuming we will start hearing answers in the next 1-2 weeks.
Intern
Intern
B
NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 08:25
bmierz86 wrote:

Mine said submitted to but last week it changed to under review. I assuming we will start hearing answers in the next 1-2 weeks.

I'm disappointed to hear that, as it suggests they haven't begun looking at my app even with me applying 2 weeks prior to the deadline. I hope that's not the case.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 08:27
grandturismo181 wrote:
bmierz86 wrote:

I'm disappointed to hear that, as it suggests they haven't begun looking at my app even with me applying 2 weeks prior to the deadline. I hope that's not the case.

Too early to worry about this. They have until May 1 to give us replies, the wait sucks.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 08:30
bmierz86 wrote:

Too early to worry about this. They have until May 1 to give us replies, the wait sucks.

I know it seems early to worry, but some digging into last year's apps suggested the first acceptances came 3/21. However the deadline was 3/1 vs. the 2/15 deadline from this year. Based on those dates, we could potentially start seeing responses this week or next. That's where most of my concern/curiosity comes from.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 08:39
grandturismo181 wrote:
bmierz86 wrote:

I know it seems early to worry, but some digging into last year's apps suggested the first acceptances came 3/21. However the deadline was 3/1 vs. the 2/15 deadline from this year. Based on those dates, we could potentially start seeing responses this week or next. That's where most of my concern/curiosity comes from.

I would love to hear positive news before the weekend...*crossing fingers*
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: PT Fall"21 (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 12:54
grandturismo181 wrote:
bmierz86 wrote:

I digged into last year's apps too hahah. It took 3 weeks to hear back last year. but I have a feeling this year will take longer somehow.....btw my app turned to "under review" very early.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 14:41
joelee1991 wrote:
grandturismo181 wrote:
bmierz86 wrote:

I digged into last year's apps too hahah. It took 3 weeks to hear back last year. but I have a feeling this year will take longer somehow.....btw my app turned to "under review" very early.

So strange...I wonder why mine still says submitted.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 14:44
I digged into last year's apps too hahah. It took 3 weeks to hear back last year. but I have a feeling this year will take longer somehow.....btw my app turned to "under review" very early.[/quote]

So strange...I wonder why mine still says submitted.[/quote]

Did you submit everything? I have feeling since too many applicants this year they haven't looked ours apps yet.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 14:46
joelee1991 wrote:

Did you submit everything? I have feeling since too many applicants this year they haven't looked ours apps yet.

Definitely submitted everything. I don't see a reason why they'd suddenly see such a large uptick in applicants.

For the record, this can just all be irrational. But I'd rather triple check that everything's going smoothly than have an issue and not know what's going on.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 15:15
Hi,

Can I ask some of the posters why they chose NYU over Columbia to apply to? Was there anything specific you liked at NYU that made you choose it over Columbia?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 15:18
Jazzy3113 wrote:
Hi,

Can I ask some of the posters why they chose NYU over Columbia to apply to? Was there anything specific you liked at NYU that made you choose it over Columbia?

Hmmmmm because NYU has part time program while Columbia doesn't lol
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 15:23
joelee1991 wrote:
Jazzy3113 wrote:
Hi,

False. I applied to Columbia's executive MBA program, which is a part time program on the weekends. It's a bit more intense though.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 06:46
bmierz86 wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:
Jazzy3113 wrote:
Hi,

False. I applied to Columbia's executive MBA program, which is a part time program on the weekends. It's a bit more intense though.

Yes, both Columbia and Cornell have part-time or EMBA programs. I am unsure what the poster above you is referring to or talking about.

Thanks for the feedback. I really thought hard about NYU vs Columbia, but have decided to go to Columbia and was very curious to see how like minded people made their decision. Ultimately, the flexibility of being able to choose a program that was only Saturdays was important to me as my boss was not in favor of allowing me to miss actual work days (Friday).
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 06:53
[quote="Jazzy3113"

Yes, both Columbia and Cornell have part-time or EMBA programs. I am unsure what the poster above you is referring to or talking about.

Thanks for the feedback. I really thought hard about NYU vs Columbia, but have decided to go to Columbia and was very curious to see how like minded people made their decision. Ultimately, the flexibility of being able to choose a program that was only Saturdays was important to me as my boss was not in favor of allowing me to miss actual work days (Friday).[/quote]

Did you get into Columbia Saturday EMBA? That's the program I got waitlisted on, have a follow call later this week regarding my status/progress etc..
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 07:03
bmierz86 wrote:
[quote="Jazzy3113"

Thanks for the feedback. I really thought hard about NYU vs Columbia, but have decided to go to Columbia and was very curious to see how like minded people made their decision. Ultimately, the flexibility of being able to choose a program that was only Saturdays was important to me as my boss was not in favor of allowing me to miss actual work days (Friday).

Did you get into Columbia Saturday EMBA? That's the program I got waitlisted on, have a follow call later this week regarding my status/progress etc..[/quote]

Yes, I chose the Columbia Sat over the Fri/Sat due to the reason I mentioned above.

Did you have an in person interview yet? Can I ask what your high level qualifications were? We can then compare.

I am early thirties / Ivy League undergrad, but mediocre GPA / 8 years in Investment Banking / 164 on the Executive Assesment
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 07:11
Jazzy3113 wrote:
bmierz86 wrote:
[quote="Jazzy3113"

Did you get into Columbia Saturday EMBA? That's the program I got waitlisted on, have a follow call later this week regarding my status/progress etc..

Yes, I chose the Columbia Sat over the Fri/Sat due to the reason I mentioned above.

Did you have an in person interview yet? Can I ask what your high level qualifications were? We can then compare.

I am early thirties / Ivy League undergrad, but mediocre GPA / 8 years in Investment Banking / 164 on the Executive Assesment[/quote]

Early 30s, non-target CUNY school ug, rest of info in my profile. What is the 164 on EA equal to on the gmat? I went to a few Info Session they were consistent on telling me aim for 600, I got a 640. I haven't studied for the test since I took it 4 months ago, theres no way I am retaking it again, if that's what it is.

I did 3 years BB, 3.5 Years consulting, and 1.5 PE

Yes I was waitlisted on 2/15 , Interviewed on 1/31.
NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) &nbs [#permalink] 12 Mar 2018, 07:11

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 142 posts ] 

NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap