GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 23 Apr 2018, 22:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021)

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Dec 2017
Posts: 30
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)
NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 Feb 2018, 23:55
Haven't seen any posts about this application cycle yet. Has anyone else applied?

I sent my app in on 2/4.




Originally posted by grandturismo181 on 08 Feb 2018, 14:56.
Last edited by Narenn on 27 Feb 2018, 23:55, edited 2 times in total.
Data tables added
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 20
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 1
Premium Member
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 07:37
I considered Columbia Exec MBA program before choosing Stern. Below are my reasons

1 - Exec MBAs are for a different breed. I did not want to study with a cohort whose avg exp is 10+ years and have significant and direct managerial experience. I felt my learning experience would be better with a relatively younger crowd. I only have 6.5 yrs WE, with no managerial exp.
2 - I felt the Tuition cost is very high. $202K vs $130K
3 - I am looking to take advantage of leadership opportunities during MBA. Stern provides a many opportunities and its part-time cohort is decently active. I don't think the same way about Columbia exec MBA

Kindly let me know if you disagree with me or any info is factually incorrect

Thank you
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Mar 2016
Posts: 26
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V37
GPA: 3.21
WE: Management Consulting (Investment Banking)
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 07:42
Caesar_1987 wrote:
I considered Columbia Exec MBA program before choosing Stern. Below are my reasons

1 - Exec MBAs are for a different breed. I did not want to study with a cohort whose avg exp is 10+ years and have significant and direct managerial experience. I felt my learning experience would be better with a relatively younger crowd. I only have 6.5 yrs WE, with no managerial exp.
2 - I felt the Tuition cost is very high. $202K vs $130K
3 - I am looking to take advantage of leadership opportunities during MBA. Stern provides a many opportunities and its part-time cohort is decently active. I don't think the same way about Columbia exec MBA

Kindly let me know if you disagree with me or any info is factually incorrect

Thank you


You also have to think about brand marketing and networking opportunities. It really depends on the field you're in. It seems like in your case you're junior and a NYU PT MBA might be a better option. Out of all the schools Cornell's EMBA crowd was much older, candidates I met ranged from 29-58 years old.

I wouldn't worry to much about the 70l different in tuition cost because the value and cash earned post MBA will make this number look irrelevant.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 30
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 08:54
bmierz86 -

Yes, for the part-time and EMBA programs they also told me to target around 600 - 650. However, I always felt like I needed a 700+ to make a strong case. Yes, I went to an Ivy League undergraduate school, however, my gpa was not great. I feel that if you did not go to a top undergrad school, this scenario would also apply. Maximize your test score to put to bed any reservations they may have about your undergrad record.

I was preparing for the GMAT but I went to a University info session and they mentioned the EA was a better choice for working professionals. The EA is basically a mini-GMAT, with no geometry and a renewed focus on the IR section. You also can only take it twice and the schools will see both scores, so take it seriously. Because it is a new test there is not much info out there on scores. 150 is a score you should target and anything over 160 at this point is roughly equivalent to 720+.

Caesar_1987 -

I disagree with some of your thoughts. Yes, EMBA are a "different breed", but I am unsure why your learning experience would benefit from a younger crowd. There is a significant percentage of people in EMBA programs under 30. I also have no direct managerial experience, and that is actually one of the motivations to go to B-school.

Are you sure the tuition cost for NYU is only $130k? I just went on their website and the information suggested a final all in price closer to $200k. How did you get to the $130k number?

I understand the desire to take advantage of leadership opportunities and if NYU provides a plethora of choices that is great. I am unsure how you got to the conclusion that Columbia does not also give students leadership opportunities. One of the pillars of a B-school education is to learn to be a better manager and leader, so I have to assume that every B-school, especially a high ranked one, would give its students every opportunities to learn to be a leader. I obviously have not entered the program yet, and expect to have leadership opportunities. If I do not, I will be very surprised and disappointed.

I also agree with bmierz86 - over the course of one's lifetime, $70k is nothing (if that indeed is the price difference). I would advocate that you choose the program that best fits your goals, has the best reputation and provides the best networking opportunities. I also like Columbia for the flexibility of allowing its students to choose Fri/Sat, Sat Only or even weeknight courses once you get accepted.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions. Some of the part-time and EMBA forums are not super active and it is helpful to have discussions with other prospective students.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Feb 2018
Posts: 23
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 09:43
bmierz86 wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:
Jazzy3113 wrote:
Hi,

Can I ask some of the posters why they chose NYU over Columbia to apply to? Was there anything specific you liked at NYU that made you choose it over Columbia?


Hmmmmm because NYU has part time program while Columbia doesn't lol



False. I applied to Columbia's executive MBA program, which is a part time program on the weekends. It's a bit more intense though.


Wow, I didn't even consider EMBA. Hmmmmmm for relative junior level professions, I think PT program fits better.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 20
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 1
Premium Member
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 10:39
Jazzy3113 wrote:
bmierz86 -

Yes, for the part-time and EMBA programs they also told me to target around 600 - 650. However, I always felt like I needed a 700+ to make a strong case. Yes, I went to an Ivy League undergraduate school, however, my gpa was not great. I feel that if you did not go to a top undergrad school, this scenario would also apply. Maximize your test score to put to bed any reservations they may have about your undergrad record.

I was preparing for the GMAT but I went to a University info session and they mentioned the EA was a better choice for working professionals. The EA is basically a mini-GMAT, with no geometry and a renewed focus on the IR section. You also can only take it twice and the schools will see both scores, so take it seriously. Because it is a new test there is not much info out there on scores. 150 is a score you should target and anything over 160 at this point is roughly equivalent to 720+.

Caesar_1987 -

I disagree with some of your thoughts. Yes, EMBA are a "different breed", but I am unsure why your learning experience would benefit from a younger crowd. There is a significant percentage of people in EMBA programs under 30. I also have no direct managerial experience, and that is actually one of the motivations to go to B-school.

Are you sure the tuition cost for NYU is only $130k? I just went on their website and the information suggested a final all in price closer to $200k. How did you get to the $130k number?

I understand the desire to take advantage of leadership opportunities and if NYU provides a plethora of choices that is great. I am unsure how you got to the conclusion that Columbia does not also give students leadership opportunities. One of the pillars of a B-school education is to learn to be a better manager and leader, so I have to assume that every B-school, especially a high ranked one, would give its students every opportunities to learn to be a leader. I obviously have not entered the program yet, and expect to have leadership opportunities. If I do not, I will be very surprised and disappointed.

I also agree with bmierz86 - over the course of one's lifetime, $70k is nothing (if that indeed is the price difference). I would advocate that you choose the program that best fits your goals, has the best reputation and provides the best networking opportunities. I also like Columbia for the flexibility of allowing its students to choose Fri/Sat, Sat Only or even weeknight courses once you get accepted.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions. Some of the part-time and EMBA forums are not super active and it is helpful to have discussions with other prospective students.


Jazzy - This is the rationale behind the reasons I had put forth

1) Don't you think the way Exec program is organized & taught differs from a normal MBA. Exec MBA's have different knowledge requirement because most of the class has 10+ years exp with direct managerial exposure. So the priorities are different. I am relatively young in my career. I felt there is no point in playing catch on topics I do not know or heard about. In a part-time program, I will at least have an opportunity to explore and learn different management aspects with a cohort who are like me and willing to travel with me. For example - Think of partnering a Director of Sales vs a normal fellow student while exploring project work in Marketing class. The former's bread and butter is marketing, so he is an expert in it. He comes to exec MBA to either just fulfill his degree requirement to advance in career or learn something that he does not know. Working with such individuals who have a different expectation from MBA is difficult for me because I am looking to transition to a different career path within my current industry. I need a solid foundation of both basic and advanced levels.

2) Since we are comparing Stern Part-time MBA vs Columbia Exec MBA, I have looked up their respective tuition costs and arrived to those numbers

Stern: Take the tuition fee for 15 credits and multiply for 4. Do not consider living expenses, because they are not tuition
http://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admis ... attendance

Columbia:
https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/programs/ ... ba/tuition

70K to me is a lot of money because there is no significant wage difference graduating from one vs. the other To make up for that difference will take more than 5 years, by then it really doesn't matter to my career whether I am from Columbia or Stern.

3) This brings me back to the same apprehension I have for Exec MBA. I think, one needs an active peer group to take advantage of leadership opportunities. Part-time MBA and Exec MBA are cursed with this drawback for understandable reasons. However, Stern's part-time MBA cohort is decently active, and I think it is because of the fact that part-time MBA has relatively younger crowd. Stern student clubs have mandatory leadership opportunities for part-time students and there is also a Langone Student government. There are other ways through experiential learning.
I can't find a lot of information on Columbia exec website about leadership opportunities expect that it says it provides lot of opportunities. I also fail to understand why would the Director of sales (mentioned above as an example) would need it. He would just finish his class and go home because he has other important things to do. Without active participation from cohort, it is difficult for me to stay motivated.

I am not trying to challenge you decision. I am just telling you why I felt part-time would suit my needs better than exec MBA. Posting this because someone in the future might benefit from this discussion. I agree to our points, but I have a different way of looking on this topic

I could be completely incorrect with my perception of exec MBAs.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 30
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 12:12
Caesar_1987 -

1) Yes, I definitely agree that an EMBA and FT MBA are organized differently are are two differnent beasts. EMBAs typically want to advance in their respective companies or make a slight career change, whereas FT MBAs may be looking for a life break, seeking a larger career network or want the opportunity to leave their field entirely and break into finance. However, through my application and research process I am quickly learning that people who are interested in business school come from such diverse background and have such different priorities, that no matter which track they choose it is hard to pigeon hole their priorities.

What I am trying to convey is that I'm learning that some FT MBAs are interested in continuing with their company, they just want a break. And some EMBAs are trying to use the program to break into banking. There is no one-size-fits-all to this equation.

I'm trying to relate the idea that you should also consider the EMBA track if you are considering the part-time track, because to me they are similar and were the two options I was closely considering. The main difference for the EMBA, when compared to a FT MBA, is the fact that you are working full time and only get to experience the campus once a week vs being immersed in it 24/7.

They are obviously other differences, but one's full time work schedule and the impact that has on social networking is the biggest difference for me. But I believe the difference between EMBA and PT MBA is much, much smaller. That is why I was curious you were such an advocate of PT MBA and not EMBA, when I believe they are much similar to each other than when compared to a FT MBA. The difference between the people who go PT vs EMBA is not as large as you think. My experience in speaking with people who have done those two tracks was that I found them to be very similar, with work schedules being the biggest reason they chose their particular path.

I would like to argue that an EMBA would also be a beneficial path for you. Think about your example - you want to study with a student who is in a similar position as you, for the camaraderie and similar life experience. I am arguing that you would benefit much more from an older student who may be an expert in the new career path you want. I learn much more from colleagues older than me than colleagues the same age or younger than me. That is the point I am trying to convey.

I would not prefer to study with an investment banker in his early thirties like me. I want to study with a CEO of an agricultural business or a SVP of a Fortune 500 company or a consultant who runs his own business. I think because we have a different view on the ideal student body experience, our choice in program differs. Which is fine, to each their own.

2. Thanks for the link. I agree that living expenses should not be compared. The link states that 60 credits at approx. $2k (based on a nine-month academic year) a pop equals $120k. I am very surprised at that rate. Obviously, books and the like are extra. However, it also states you take about 18 credits a year, so the program will take a longer time to complete than an EMBA or FT MBA. That also would be a drawback for me, as I want the degree within two years. It is interesting to note than an NY EMBA costs $189,000, whereas Columbia's costs $205,000.

You have mentioned that $70k after tax money means something to you. I think to most normal people that amount does mean quite a bit. What I am trying to tell you is that you should look at that $70k in the grand scope of your life. I am not trying to trivialize the financial sacrifice $70k means to you right now. Heck, it means alot to me as well and I am cognizant of the money I will be sending to Columbia. What I am trying to say is that $70k becomes a much smaller amount when considered against your lifetime earnings. While you may not see an immediate improvement in your income upon graduation, prospective students like us believe an MBA will lead to better and more lucrative jobs in the future. If we didn't believe that, why the heck are we ponying up our time and money to get an MBA?!

You said it doesn't matter to your career whether you get a degree from Stern or Columbia. That statement surprised me. I think a school's brand and reputation matters in life. Now whether it matters alot or just a little...that is a debate for another time, but I think we can both agree it does have some impact. Now if you believe it will not directly impact your future prospects at your current company, I cannot argue that. But what about when you look for another job? What about when you switch careers and list it on your resume? From my own experience, just graduating from an Ivy has helped open doors for me. Now once you walk through the door, your success depends on you, but a good school does allow you to at least get a shot at cool opportunities. If it didn't, no one would pay the exorbitant tuition, right?

3. I guess this point is the crux of our discussion. You believe an EMBA will not provide you with leadership opportunities and I disagree. Leadership opportunities is such a nebulous phrase in and of itself, I'm unsure what you mean by it. I will try to convince you with the following thought:

If you believe yourself to be a bright and motivated individual and go to an EMBA program at a top tier University, do you think anything could hold you back? If you really wanted to seek out and find leadership opportunities on campus, would the fact you were in an EMBA program stop you from seizing those opportunities?

You state that the "Director of Sales" would just finish his class and go home. I would argue the opposite. The Director is spending not only money, but an even more precious commodity of his - time - to get a business degree. Why would he just try to get by doing the bare minimum of work and then go home? Why would a high achieving person behave like this? Why wouldn't he want to learn from his colleagues on campus? If someone is applying to Columbia or NYU there are most likely a smart and high achieving person. I feel like your example is more apt for a person going to a much lower ranked program and is just trying to check the box of getting a degree. Will some people at Columbia behave like your description, sure it is a possibility. But by that logic NYU will suffer from the same problem, right?

When I think of someone just doing the work to get a degree I actually think of a FT MBA student whose whole goal is to get a great job upon graduation. An EMBA student already has that job. He is going to school to learn, get better academically and experience something exciting outside of work. He has already proved himself to be successful and I just cannot imagine the type of people accepted into a top program would exhibit such a poor attitude.

My final point would be to go to an EMBA info session, both at NYU and Columbia, and get feedback right from the horse's mouth. Hear current students or people who have graduated from the program talk at these panels. I'm typically an ambivalent kind of guy, but these sessions really persuaded me to choose an EMBA at Columbia over NYU and Cornell.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 20
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 1
Premium Member
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 12:25
Jazzy, we clearly spoke to different kinds of individuals and have different perspectives on this topic. Thanks for the constructive argument.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 20
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 1
Premium Member
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 12:31
Everyone, I need to know what you all think -

I made a few typos (2), one of them on my resume, and a grammatical mistake in my application. Is it a big deal for admissions committee?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Feb 2018
Posts: 23
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 13:26
Caesar_1987 wrote:
Everyone, I need to know what you all think -

I made a few typos (2), one of them on my resume, and a grammatical mistake in my application. Is it a big deal for admissions committee?

Thanks


I'd say it's not a big deal. They wouldn't reject you because of those two typos, right? take it easy!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 20
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 1
Premium Member
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 13:00
Gang, Any updates from Stern?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Dec 2017
Posts: 30
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 10:26
Caesar_1987 wrote:
Gang, Any updates from Stern?


Nothing. My app still says submitted, not even under review.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Feb 2018
Posts: 23
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 10:29
grandturismo181 wrote:
Caesar_1987 wrote:
Gang, Any updates from Stern?


Nothing. My app still says submitted, not even under review.


Maybe although DDL was Feb. 15th but the timeline was the same as last years :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Mar 2016
Posts: 26
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V37
GPA: 3.21
WE: Management Consulting (Investment Banking)
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 12:06
Caesar_1987 wrote:
Gang, Any updates from Stern?



Mine has been saying "Under Review' for about 3 weeks now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Schools: PT Fall"21 (A)
GRE 1: 312 Q V
GPA: 3.8
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 07:37
Hi all - I was excited to receive my acceptance on Thursday, and will definitely be attending.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Feb 2018
Posts: 23
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 07:40
am494 wrote:
Hi all - I was excited to receive my acceptance on Thursday, and will definitely be attending.


Wow!!!!! Congrats!! When did you submit the application????

Did you just receive an email asking you to check the portal or what???

So excited for you. I'm waiting for mine
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Schools: PT Fall"21 (A)
GRE 1: 312 Q V
GPA: 3.8
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 07:45
joelee1991 wrote:
am494 wrote:
Hi all - I was excited to receive my acceptance on Thursday, and will definitely be attending.


Wow!!!!! Congrats!! When did you submit the application????

Did you just receive an email asking you to check the portal or what???

So excited for you. I'm waiting for mine


Thanks! I submitted the day before the due date (Feb 14). Yes, an email saying to check the portal. Very different than when you found out via a large vs small envelope in the mail. I am glad they saw past my disappointing GRE score, as I really did not want to retake it (my daughter was born 7+ weeks early, right before I took the exam, which sort of put a dent in my study schedule, lol).

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Dec 2017
Posts: 30
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 07:48
am494 wrote:
Hi all - I was excited to receive my acceptance on Thursday, and will definitely be attending.


Congrats! Would you mind posting your stats/general info for those of us who are still waiting?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Schools: PT Fall"21 (A)
GRE 1: 312 Q V
GPA: 3.8
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 07:52
Caesar_1987 wrote:
I considered Columbia Exec MBA program before choosing Stern. Below are my reasons

1 - Exec MBAs are for a different breed. I did not want to study with a cohort whose avg exp is 10+ years and have significant and direct managerial experience. I felt my learning experience would be better with a relatively younger crowd. I only have 6.5 yrs WE, with no managerial exp.
2 - I felt the Tuition cost is very high. $202K vs $130K
3 - I am looking to take advantage of leadership opportunities during MBA. Stern provides a many opportunities and its part-time cohort is decently active. I don't think the same way about Columbia exec MBA

Kindly let me know if you disagree with me or any info is factually incorrect

Thank you


For what it's worth, I believe Columbia's EMBA average age is 33-34 (same as Wharton), which unlike NYU (average age 37), reflects that they do not have a separate part-time program. I actually have a friend in the Columbia EMBA program who is only 27.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Feb 2018
Posts: 23
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 08:00
am494 wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:
am494 wrote:
Hi all - I was excited to receive my acceptance on Thursday, and will definitely be attending.


Wow!!!!! Congrats!! When did you submit the application????

Did you just receive an email asking you to check the portal or what???

So excited for you. I'm waiting for mine


Thanks! I submitted the day before the due date (Feb 14). Yes, an email saying to check the portal. Very different than when you found out via a large vs small envelope in the mail. I am glad they saw past my disappointing GRE score, as I really did not want to retake it (my daughter was born 7+ weeks early, right before I took the exam, which sort of put a dent in my study schedule, lol).

Best of luck!


Thanks! I forgot to ask which program did you apply? weeknight Manhattan? weekend? two years?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Schools: PT Fall"21 (S)
GMAT 1: 530 Q29 V34
GPA: 3.2
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 08:25
am494 wrote:
Thanks! I submitted the day before the due date (Feb 14). Yes, an email saying to check the portal. Very different than when you found out via a large vs small envelope in the mail. I am glad they saw past my disappointing GRE score, as I really did not want to retake it (my daughter was born 7+ weeks early, right before I took the exam, which sort of put a dent in my study schedule, lol).

Best of luck!


Congratulations on getting admitted! Would you mind posting your application stats?

I applied with a GMAT score below the 80% range and have a bit of a fear that it may weigh down my application (I could only raise my score so high, I am not the best at the GMAT). If you could post your GRE score, I may be able to compare it.

Thank you!
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021)   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2018, 08:25

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 127 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021)

  new topic post reply Update application status  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.