Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 1
Send PM
Re: NYU - Stern PT Fall 2018 (Class of 2021) [#permalink]
Me too. Haven't heard anything yet.

Made 3 typo errors in my application (1 in resume and 2 in general application section). Little nervous on how it would be perceived by the adcom committee. Emailed the Adcom chair about them, but did not get a response. However I updated the resume and attached the new version. What do you think? Will it make any difference that I made typo errors?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
joelee1991 wrote:
Me too. I applied on 2/15 deadline. Heard nothing yet. I checked the portal everyday tho lol

I do the same haha. I got an email in response to a question I asked the AdCom stating my application is under review. I'm hoping that's a good sign.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
grandturismo181 wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:
Me too. I applied on 2/15 deadline. Heard nothing yet. I checked the portal everyday tho lol

I do the same haha. I got an email in response to a question I asked the AdCom stating my application is under review. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Anybody has an idea about timeline??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
joelee1991 wrote:
grandturismo181 wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:

Anybody has an idea about timeline??

I spoke to the Admissions dept. about something else. The girl on the phone told me the typical response time is 7-10 weeks. I have no idea how accurate that is, but it at least gives you a rough ballpark.

I'm hoping since they only receive about 500 or so applications a cycle that it'll go faster than that.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
How has it only been two weeks but feels like forever!?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any one submitted their IELTS score electronically? I sent report electronically two weeks ago however my status still showing awaiting for score report :(

I couldn't find anywhere if Langone accept electronic report or not.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
joelee1991 wrote:
Any one submitted their IELTS score electronically? I sent report electronically two weeks ago however my status still showing awaiting for score report :(

I think AdCom did not check your application for completion. This step takes sometime, depending on the school. You can wait for some more time before reaching out to them in my opinion.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Caesar_1987 wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:

I think AdCom did not check your application for completion. This step takes sometime, depending on the school. You can wait for some more time before reaching out to them in my opinion.

Yeah you're right lol. It's just 3 weeks but feels like forever.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
am494 wrote:
How has it only been two weeks but feels like forever!?

Totally agreed!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
joelee1991 wrote:

Yeah you're right lol. It's just 3 weeks but feels like forever.

I'm on week 5! I'm dying to hear back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
joelee1991 wrote:

Email them at sternmba@stern.nyu.edu. I emailed them because I submitted my GMAT and it didn't show that it was received. There's no harm in emailing them saying "I sent this, can you confirm you received it". I actually think it makes them look at your app as complete after, because soon after I emailed them, I was invited to interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Squizadoo wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:

Email them at sternmba@stern.nyu.edu. I emailed them because I submitted my GMAT and it didn't show that it was received. There's no harm in emailing them saying "I sent this, can you confirm you received it". I actually think it makes them look at your app as complete after, because soon after I emailed them, I was invited to interview.

Were you invited to interview for the PT Fall 2018 program? Or a different program altogether?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
grandturismo181 wrote:
Squizadoo wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:

Were you invited to interview for the PT Fall 2018 program? Or a different program altogether?

I was invited for the Full Time Program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Squizadoo wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:

HI Squizadoo, Can you confirm that you are invited for Stern Part-time MBA interview? Thank you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Squizadoo wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:

Thanks! I think that works!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
joelee1991 wrote:
Squizadoo wrote:
joelee1991 wrote:

Thanks! I think that works!

Just make sure you put your application # in the email. It helps them find you and shows you can follow instructions (it's posted somewhere on their website but I can't remember where)!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Email them at sternmba@stern.nyu.edu. I emailed them because I submitted my GMAT and it didn't show that it was received. There's no harm in emailing them saying "I sent this, can you confirm you received it". I actually think it makes them look at your app as complete after, because soon after I emailed them, I was invited to interview.[/quote]

Thanks! I think that works![/quote]

Just make sure you put your application # in the email. It helps them find you and shows you can follow instructions (it's posted somewhere on their website but I can't remember where)![/quote]

Thanks!!! I just did. Application # is on app status web. lol hopefully they will receive it soon.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts